Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2007, 03:48 PM   #1531
slide
A nation in despair

Oddometer: 21,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn
Dude, I've seen your posts on other threads. A child could do better, and I and everyone else regularly wipes the floor with your sorry poser ass.

Now pick up your toys. You cannot keep up with the big dogs around here. It's time for you to move on
Slimedaddy,

Time to pack it in. Your time is long past.
slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 04:02 PM   #1532
PirateJohn
Banned

Oddometer: 22,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by slide
Slimedaddy,

Time to pack it in. Your time is long past.

Man, you need to go back to that thread that you started about prostitutes. That was sooooooooooo fucking bizarre.

You know. The one at http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249808

Most of the folks around here are friends and hang together.

But you ... well ... you've simply got something fucked up in your mind that isn't right. You are super defensive - like a small child that has been abused. And that's sad and scary, all at the same time.

And the things that you revealed in that thread. All that I can say, to put it nicely, is that you have some serious issues with women. Or prostitutes. Or something.

Obviously you have also have some serious issues with other riders, people that dsiagree with you, Land Rovers, and your fellow ADVRiders. You need to get over it.
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:07 PM   #1533
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
Quote:
Man, you need to go back to that thread that you started about prostitutes. That was sooooooooooo fucking bizarre.

You know. The one at http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249808

Most of the folks around here are friends and hang together.

But you ... well ... you've simply got something fucked up in your mind that isn't right. You are super defensive - like a small child that has been abused. And that's sad and scary, all at the same time.

And the things that you revealed in that thread. All that I can say, to put it nicely, is that you have some serious issues with women. Or prostitutes. Or something.

Obviously you have also have some serious issues with other riders, people that dsiagree with you, Land Rovers, and your fellow ADVRiders. You need to get over it.
Hey douchebags.... Go wave your dicks in Jomomma.

Since Slide took offence to my comment, only Pirate John is a Douchebag, or as he states later in this post "Mr Douchebag". Slide is in no way shape or form a douchebag and it pains me greatly to even think it let alone type it. I am a terrible, terrible man for thinking this thread was about anything but the BMW G650X.

crankshaft screwed with this post 08-16-2007 at 09:42 AM
crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 06:10 PM   #1534
Guaglione
Country mice

Oddometer: 2,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft
Amen, brother Crankshaft...

now, can we get back to talking about motorcycles...

"This is the sort of ardent pedantry up with which I will not put."
Winston Churchill
Guaglione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 09:25 PM   #1535
ride no evo
Suck it Trebek

Oddometer: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by slide
i wonder what the rated carrying capacity of that rack is. I'm thinking the guy loads up the Pelican and then adds 6 lbs of fuel - he may be over loading some support structure - but I really don't know.
I'm guessing it could handle that....it bolts on to where the passenger grabs are which should be strong as heck.........but the forces off roading would put on it would be huge.......only one way to find out!!!!

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - Winston Churchill

"I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence..." - Gandhi

You can save $5 on a smugmug subscription use coupon KyCiOLxqIwDIk
ride no evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:07 PM   #1536
shardzero
I have a bike.....

Oddometer: 486
I agree. I suspect the rear section is able to support the weight of your average consumer. So North American models are weighted to 100kg and all other models 75kg.

Sorry bit underhanded, but I couldn't resist. There are a lot of fat people downunder too.
shardzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:37 PM   #1537
spicychili
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 366
if you figure that the XCountry (same frame as GX) you can ride 2up I doubt having 20 lbs of combined fuel and tools/gear is going to hurt anything, even offroad.

Also you can drop 8 to 12 lbs by emptying your spare fuel can into the main tank 90 miles into your journey.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:34 AM   #1538
Ridge
Hustle and Cuss

Oddometer: 1,322
so, is the average rider going to detect a noticeable difference in the offroad capabilities of the Challenge Vs. the Country?

For Dual sport, I would say the challenge is better suited with a good seat, but offers minimal-to-no protection from wind at highway speeds. I read a few threads of riders converting the X-country seat to the Challenge, btu it never seemed to go really smooth. Maybe the best idea is aftermarket Renazco or Corbin. Sorry, just rambling random thoughts from the grey matter this morning. Man that coffee was potent!
Ridge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:55 AM   #1539
PirateJohn
Banned

Oddometer: 22,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft

Hey dude ... that's MR. Douchebag to you!

'sides ... you stole my avatar

Agreed. If he had returned I was going to tell him to have the last word so as to not disrupt the thread. After all, I too came here to learn about the G650X.

Carry on.
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:42 AM   #1540
slide
A nation in despair

Oddometer: 21,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRidgeRunner
so, is the average rider going to detect a noticeable difference in the offroad capabilities of the Challenge Vs. the Country?

For Dual sport, I would say the challenge is better suited with a good seat, but offers minimal-to-no protection from wind at highway speeds. I read a few threads of riders converting the X-country seat to the Challenge, btu it never seemed to go really smooth. Maybe the best idea is aftermarket Renazco or Corbin. Sorry, just rambling random thoughts from the grey matter this morning. Man that coffee was potent!
I got the Country as I figure I'll ride 80% road and 20% off road with my idea of off road not being the '5 miles of hell' or serious m-x'ing.

I also appreciate the super moto handling of the Country where the Challenge's 21" front wheel and tire selection at that size restricts it. Also the seat on the country is fine. Not as good as a Renazco but not bad either.

Overall the Country doesn't restrict me from any riding I plan on doing with it but the Challenge would have. I can't see any use for the Moto, though.
slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 07:21 AM   #1541
ride no evo
Suck it Trebek

Oddometer: 567
all right biotches its time for me to go run to the dealer and pick up my new scoot!!!!!!!!!!!!

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - Winston Churchill

"I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence..." - Gandhi

You can save $5 on a smugmug subscription use coupon KyCiOLxqIwDIk
ride no evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 08:37 AM   #1542
x650
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRidgeRunner

the wind deflector on the front of the challenge does an excellent job.

I find the seat ok too.
x650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:10 AM   #1543
Max Kool
Xtankteam™

Oddometer: 3,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by x650
the wind deflector on the front of the challenge does an excellent job.
True,

BMW did a nice job with the shield/beak assembly. They are fitted higher on the forks than you would expect. It offers quite some wind protection. More that my DR did.
Max Kool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:25 AM   #1544
Oni
Ronin

Oddometer: 1,839
Cheap tail bag alert

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...slisearch=true

Bought this tail bag at a bicycle shop last night for $34. I went in to look at the one they had on sale for $20, but it was much thinner nylon. This one is thicker and looks well made. It fits perfectly on the small TT rack. To get an idea of size, I was able to fit a 1 liter MSR fuel bottle and a 1.5 liter bottle of water lengthwise in it side by side with plenty of room for more stuff on top, including another layer of bottles easily.

It has a small pocket in the lid perfect for maps, 3 small pockets...2 on each side and one on the back, and a bungee cord web on top. It is slightly expandable by a zipper which accordians a section for more room.

It has 3 reflective patches...one on each side and one on the back and reflective piping.

It is semi insulated (soft foam stuffed sides) and has 2 velcro dividers that can be adjusted on the inside.

Nice little inexpensive pack for day trips!
Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:35 AM   #1545
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
Quote:
Hey dude ... that's MR. Douchebag to you!

'sides ... you stole my avatar

Agreed. If he had returned I was going to tell him to have the last word so as to not disrupt the thread. After all, I too came here to learn about the G650X.

Carry on.
Sorry man, but it needed to be said Mr Douchebag.....