User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2014, 06:28 PM   #1
Fistful of Bacon OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
Eek new adventurer needing help.

Just bought my first bike, a ktm 625 smc, and I dont really know anything about the mechanics of motorcycles yet, so not sure what all to do in that department, will have to figure out how to rejet.

Anyways, there are a few mods I want to get, amd was hoping for some opinions on what brands to gravitate toward and what to avoid, as well as if there may be some mods I should get that im forgetting.

I know I will be needing a new seat, definately wanting something real comfy

Will be wanting a new, bigger, gas tank. not sure if im limited here, because Ive heard that the biggwr tanks can require different seats to fit right.

The vibes bother my feat a little, are there some pegs I can get with rubber in them, or rubber inserts to help reduce vibe?

Ah almost forgot, I need a skid plate

Any suggestions on brands, and other good adventure/touring mods is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks
Bacon
Fistful of Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:33 PM   #2
VooDooDaddy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 170
Hello Fellow Iowan,

While I don't have any experience with KTM's, I do have mucho experience with motorcycles. Mechanical skills are best picked up from someone showing you the ropes.

I had to learn the hard way by picking up techniques and experience from others over a long period of time. I had never ridden a motorcycle until I was 25, and never new anyone who owned a motorcycle while I was growing up. I just new I wanted to ride.

I now roadrace Ducatis, and have a nice DR650 in the garage. My advice would be to hang out in the KTM specific threads, and if you are not too far away, which you probably are, I'd be more than happy to show you some stuff first hand.

Trent
Glenwood, IA
VooDooDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:38 PM   #3
Gryphon12
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 954
Go to the bike-specific thread index - a sticky at the top of the thumpers threads.

Look at the KTM LC4 640 threads. Yes, the 625 is a little different, but it will boost your learning curve quickly.

Then, use Google to search for specific 625 threads on Advrider (the local search sucks).

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world;
indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Gryphon12 is offline   Reply With Quote