Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 289
Attached Images

achile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 05:43 PM   #152
slag
I used to...

Oddometer: 908
If anyone is interested, there are two very clean looking DR 350s on Pittsburgh craiglist, one is stock one has lots of farklage. I think the prices were 2100. and 2000. I really enjoyed mine, but needed the 650 to haul my fat ass.
slag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 06:01 PM   #153
snare
sittin and breathin

Oddometer: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by snare
Also gonna do the WR400 petcock.
Did the WR400 petcock along with an inline filter.

Very simple. I just needed to bend the metal tank flange out a bit and then trim the plastic tank shroud, then it bolted right in. Cap the vaccum port on the carb and you are done.

The hardest part is remembering to open and shut the petcock .
snare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 06:17 PM   #154
GOT DIRT?
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 888
togordy, If you have aftermarket hand guards go to napa and get the small amber truck lights. The ones on the side on tractor trailers.You can drill and tap a small holes and bolt the lights right to the guards.I agree with bike pilot if your on the road alot keepit stock.My 94 dr350se is only on the road about 10% on the time just to get to the next trail. Never had a problem with the law yet.
GOT DIRT? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:31 PM   #155
hondahawkrider
DAMN Rider/Motardian

Oddometer: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOT DIRT?
togordy, If you have aftermarket hand guards go to napa and get the small amber truck lights. The ones on the side on tractor trailers.You can drill and tap a small holes and bolt the lights right to the guards.I agree with bike pilot if your on the road alot keepit stock.My 94 dr350se is only on the road about 10% on the time just to get to the next trail. Never had a problem with the law yet.
Mine does dual duty... it's goes horizontal on occasion.. I have broken at least one set of turn signals because while they bend - they dont bend at a right angles. The White Bros things allow the stalks to bend about anywhere - they aren't quite as rigid when on pavement but not to bad .... I would rather do some kind of flush signals - but I worry about cops/ranger being dicks.... etc.

Maybe you have to be messed up... before you can step up!
hondahawkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 02:40 PM   #156
boboneleg
we can rebuild him.

Oddometer: 792
Here's a photo of my DR 350 ( the one with the yellow/purple seat ) with three other DR 350's in Wales earlier in the year.

boboneleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 05:47 AM   #157
johnnyandjebus
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 532
DR350 carb, brakes and exhaust questions

Hey all

So I have owned my 94 DR350se for about a 1 1/2 years now and while it has been a great bike the time has come to give it a make over.

Brakes
When I bought the bike I replaced the pads with oem's from the dealer. I am getting a lot of chatter wither I am braking hard or just lightly touching the brakes.
I plan on replacing the fluids and the pads and wonder if anyone can recommend any after market pads that will improve braking?
As well, will I see any noticeably improvement if I go with SS brake lines?

Carb
I am going to be doing the air box mod and replace the needle/jets in the carb. Any comments on what kit to use and where to get it? Preferably in Canada

Exhaust
To start out I plan on modifying the exhaust, cutting of the 7/8's" diameter tailpipe and welding in a tailpipe that is 1 1/2 " in diameter. I am considering an after market pipe but do not want to get something that will be too loud. Any recommendations? Any aftermarket replacement would have to be complete from the engine back to and including exhaust(header pipe and exhaust).
A final point on this, I do not want an exhaust that goes above the 94 db noise level in that I plan on entering some rides put together by a provincial DS club and a loud pipe is a real deal breaker with them. Not to mention that I don't want to piss off the neighbours!!

Any comments on the above would be great, what have you done? how did it turn out
That's all for now

Thanks for any replies.
John from Kingston, Ontario
johnnyandjebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 12:34 PM   #158
BikePilot OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 11,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyandjebus
Hey all

So I have owned my 94 DR350se for about a 1 1/2 years now and while it has been a great bike the time has come to give it a make over.

Brakes
When I bought the bike I replaced the pads with oem's from the dealer. I am getting a lot of chatter wither I am braking hard or just lightly touching the brakes.
I plan on replacing the fluids and the pads and wonder if anyone can recommend any after market pads that will improve braking?
As well, will I see any noticeably improvement if I go with SS brake lines?

Carb
I am going to be doing the air box mod and replace the needle/jets in the carb. Any comments on what kit to use and where to get it? Preferably in Canada

Exhaust
To start out I plan on modifying the exhaust, cutting of the 7/8's" diameter tailpipe and welding in a tailpipe that is 1 1/2 " in diameter. I am considering an after market pipe but do not want to get something that will be too loud. Any recommendations? Any aftermarket replacement would have to be complete from the engine back to and including exhaust(header pipe and exhaust).
A final point on this, I do not want an exhaust that goes above the 94 db noise level in that I plan on entering some rides put together by a provincial DS club and a loud pipe is a real deal breaker with them. Not to mention that I don't want to piss off the neighbours!!

Any comments on the above would be great, what have you done? how did it turn out
That's all for now

Thanks for any replies.
John from Kingston, Ontario
I've not changed brake pads yet, but I've had good luck in the past with HH rated pads on other bikes. The SS brake line should make a big difference in how squashy the lever feels and will improve braking quite a lot I think.

I don't know any canadian suppliers, but any decent motorcycle shop should have plenty of jets on hand, they are just normal mikuni jets and not bike specific. You don't need a kit really, just buy whatever jets you need for your conditions. If you have the $$ for it, the TM33SS pumper carb really does make a world of difference. Makes it feel like a totally different bike, so much more snappy and responsive. My 350 has the TM33SS and I'm running stock jetting save a 140 main and am pretty happy with it, though I've not ridden it enough since doing those mods to say for sure that its absolutely spot on, its at least not terribly far off and drastically better than stock.

I don't know of an aftermarket exhaust that isn't overly loud. I have an FMF Q system and its much too loud imho - enough so that I'm running the stock system now. I also didn't notice a huge power difference between the stock and the FMF exhaust, esp at lower rpms.

Summer 2009 Ride Report http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...1509c&t=507038
Summer 2008 RR. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=367703
BikePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 09:17 PM   #159
pookiebear
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 955
updated

Better pic of mine. Working on a alloy rim for the rear as I post this. Notice the wally seat pad.
Attached Images

pookiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 03:51 AM   #160
Jon Caveman
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Just got back from a six day 1000 mile spin around four national parks in the UK on my DR350........great forum BTW........ .........Check this link out...........

http://forum.difflock.com/viewtopic.php?t=13879
Jon Caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 02:37 PM   #161
BikePilot OP
Beastly Adventurer

Rode mine all day yesterday with another DR rider. He even took some helmet cam video
http://www.4shared.com/file/27576981...town_clip.html

Old 10-27-2007, 03:37 PM   #162
rockt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikePilot
Rode mine all day yesterday with another DR rider. He even took some helmet cam video
http://www.4shared.com/file/27576981...town_clip.html
Man, that looks fun! I can't do that kind of riding anymore, so I was living vicariously through your video for a few minutes. Thanks.

Where were you riding?
rockt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 04:09 PM   #163
BikePilot OP
Beastly Adventurer

Freetown forrest in MA:)

Why not do that sort of riding?

Old 10-27-2007, 05:45 PM   #164
Helmet_Hair
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 225
Dang, you guys make the old girls look pretty good out there!

Have you done some suspension upgrades to the bike to make it handle that well?
Helmet_Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 06:04 PM   #165
rockt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikePilot

Why not do that sort of riding?

The old body's just a little too banged up for that. I do miss it. That's why your video was so nice. I could kind of put myself behind the bars.
rockt is offline   Reply With Quote