Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2006, 01:40 PM   #31
DataDaddy OP
@ the new dad thing

Oddometer: 7,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by flux_capacitor
That keg setup was the shit! We were dealing with TRAINED PROFESSIONALS here.
or amateurs with LOTS AND LOTS OF PRACTICE

oh, that's really good -- AceRph, Alcan06
DataDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 01:48 PM   #32
Philip Kuntz
Fleasy Rider

Oddometer: 4,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by DataDaddy
or amateurs with LOTS AND LOTS OF PRACTICE

You mean like yourself?

I read the entire Alcan thread last night. I was up till 3AM, but it was an awesome read. I didnt think anyone could ride that fast in those conditions with one hand holding up a camera. WTF were you thinking? They have those nifty helmet cams you know. I guess that would be too easy for a rider of your caliber. It was a pleasure meeting you.

Jerry .
Philip Kuntz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 02:13 PM   #33
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,604
Who was around when I was talking about having Jeff Foxworthy on a reality tv show where he goes around and parties with folks at their Scrub-type parties? The Zombie Hunter wouldn't even write it for me! Maybe he's a Larry the Cable Guy fan...
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 02:33 PM   #34
DataDaddy OP
@ the new dad thing

Oddometer: 7,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Kuntz
You mean like yourself?

I read the entire Alcan thread last night. I was up till 3AM, but it was an awesome read. I didnt think anyone could ride that fast in those conditions with one hand holding up a camera. WTF were you thinking? They have those nifty helmet cams you know. I guess that would be too easy for a rider of your caliber. It was a pleasure meeting you.

Jerry .
I thought about pulling my camera out for a little video on the sand using my patented "my left hand" camera mount... but quickly though better of it

oh, that's really good -- AceRph, Alcan06
DataDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 03:19 PM   #35
Jack Daniel
See Ya At The Swamp

Oddometer: 12,004
This is a good ride report too

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3452815#post3452815

The Scrub The Swamp
Jack Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 03:40 PM   #36
HTSRocker
Absurd

Oddometer: 2,325
After ariving at The Scrub and starting to set up camp, I noticed a walk-in on his way to greet us. I was a good to meet you josh, the first of many new folks I met this weekend and the first of many bikes I saw resting.

My GS Down

It's best for people like me to ride with big young helpful guys like Gabe.

To answer the question about 'How many ADVriders does it take to change a light bulb?' Well I can't answer that for sure but I'm believe it was at least double the number of these little helpers.

Looks like folks are starting to party again

Rob, Karen and Brian at the peanut table

Larry and Larry

John and Mark, always having a good time

a better view of the peanut table

This water was sucking em in morning, noon and night

moments of madness

I boosted this picture from patriot308
there was two more pictures in this sequence but they have vanished
JD made the turn and had the biggest shit eating grin I've ever seen in my anyone wearing, he was moving.

Sunday morning

Sure had a good time. thanks and
Old 10-23-2006, 03:49 PM   #37
Uncle Larry
The most suave of stooges

Oddometer: 14,417
Excellent pictures!

I'm glad I was in one or two of those photos... Now I have proof I was hanging out with stinky ADVRiders and not in the arms of some nubile, young chickie as my beloved teasingly accuses me of.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:56 PM   #38
Jack Daniel
See Ya At The Swamp

Oddometer: 12,004

And Sccaauugghhtt I think the smile here on Jerry's aka Philip Kuntz' face pretty much sums up the entire weekend; we had a F'n good time

The Scrub The Swamp
Jack Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 06:05 PM   #39
kv
[none]

Oddometer: 5,046
My pictures are currently under review. Once a Florida Supreme Court judge has a chance to review them, I'll post what's left!

In the mean time...

Salt anyone?

PS: NCBub says, "Florida sucks! Fuck Florida! Fuck sand!"

Save $5.00 on a subscription to Smugmug by entering SmYAucfONBnH2 in the 'Referred by' field on the signup form.
kv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 06:16 PM   #40
Philip Kuntz
Fleasy Rider

Oddometer: 4,716
Hell yeah, where is the next event?

I will be more better at riding next time. There is plenty of deep sand near my house. I have a few friends with bikes, and one has a dual sport. Two of my other friends are planning to get one soon. Now is the time to buy a bike, I have seen some good deals on stuff as winter approaches. If you can call it that in FL.

Cheers yall, and thanks again Jack for putting this on and to everyone who pitched in to help. I have a couple other pics of the group that are decent, just from camp though.

Jerry

Adam? that you? Where is NCBubs review? Those guys did a great job just getting those heavy bikes through.

Philip Kuntz screwed with this post 10-23-2006 at 06:22 PM
Philip Kuntz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 07:51 PM   #41
yz2klr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 178
Yes I made it home

Tried to post what little pics I have last night before going to bed for the evening, but this internet shit was kicking my a$$; I will try agian.

Kudos to JD & HoJo for hosting an outstanding event and the great ribs.

It appears I missed some good riding Saturday, but I may not have been ready to wrestle that beastly KLR after what Bryan and Francis took me thru on Friday. Did go down once, or should I say layed it down before face met log. Riding thru the sugar sand is one thing, but doing so while plowing thru the scrub off the trail will probally get you hurt.

Did get to have lunch in Daytona with my friends. Was not trying to ride thru the main event down there but ended up going down the main drag out to International Speedway. Not sure if I fit into the freak show; felt more like an anomaly with full gear on a dirty KLR with Knobs. Well here we go again with the pics;

Maybe I Should have brought the Silverado, Nah!!
[IMG]
My Adobe @ the Scrub
[/IMG]

The Scrub

JayDee and his 950 ADV, Nice Bike & the truck that gave some is us an unsolictied wake up that sounded like a crash on Friday night. No crash though.

Looking up from the gathering area; Data Daddy's KLR in forground; When grow up, I want to ride like Data Daddy.

Beemer being a bummer; Brake Light was fixed in short order with the wealth of knowledge available.

Eye Candy

On my way back from Daytona; Taking a breather at the pit on 588, Used to be quite a hang out for 4-wheelers 10-15 years ago. Now looks like it is use for road maintenance.

Somewhere on 65 on my way back to the scrub

The Peanut Table

JD getting the grub on

Can you say ribs?

Did I Say ribs? They were soooooo goooood!!!!

Salute!!!

Had a Great time. I will be practicing my sand riding up here at Jennings Forest getting ready for the spring. Great meeting you all!

yz2klr screwed with this post 10-23-2006 at 08:07 PM Reason: spellcheck
yz2klr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 08:25 PM   #42
Frankko
Midnight Rambler

Oddometer: 654
Camera tecnique

This is how good DATA DADDY is. Try keeping up with Brian (Sand master) on a klr650 fully loaded on sugar sand blasting at 50-60 mph and looking at the gps at the same time. I still can't believe how he rides that bike so good in those conditions. It is truly amazing. But brian, this guy can really ride , and he said he was rusty! Mang I can only wish to be as good as him and on a 23 year old motorcycle . Guys thanks for the pics. JD man your awesome HOJO thanks for everything and sorry out my right eye and letting me stay in the trailer. Maybe i can do something for you guys. I will be signed up as of next week with Sunbelt, soooooo I can prolly get a bobcat or something at a discount for the weekend if needed.
See ya real soon!!!
Old 10-23-2006, 08:55 PM   #43
Frankko
Midnight Rambler

Oddometer: 654
same here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPelon
Excellent pictures!

I'm glad I was in one or two of those photos... Now I have proof I was hanging out with stinky ADVRiders and not in the arms of some nubile, young chickie as my beloved teasingly accuses me of.
Some people thought i was making this shit up. Said " Dude where were you you been gone for 4 days" think i said something about aliens and and a mother ship lurking in the forest and how they fed me, gave me drink and had the best time of my life. It is weird when iI see My self in the pictures I could have sweared I was 17 years old when I was at the campsite.

Dogf'r
Old 10-23-2006, 11:05 PM   #44
Dukeryder

Oddometer: 7,392
Can't beat the Ribs

I need to get my own digicam so I can take pics at these things (not sure if that's a good thing or not)

I had an awesome time; it was nice meeting everyone and seeing some of the folks I had met at Walt's. The food great job JD on the food and John too. The red death kicked my ass on Friday, I'm sure I could've handled more of that sand on saturday if I hadn't drank so much the first 2 nights.

I wish I could ride half as good as some of you guys on that sand. See y'all at the next event.

Dukeryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 04:40 AM   #45
HTSRocker
Absurd

Oddometer: 2,325
Things sure change fast around here

68 F | 36 F

I'm freezing