Super n00bie

Oddometer: 8
Colors seem a bit saturated... but still a nice pic
Old 11-01-2006, 03:23 AM   #4
Peka
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,999
This boy can ride:

What's more, apparently in that one race he led more laps then Nicky did the whole year!

BTW, well done Nicky
Peka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 02:10 PM   #5
twotyred
Practising Recedivist

Oddometer: 1,844
Thirty laps compared to Hayden's 29 for the year.

One rider won a race, the other a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.

I know what trophy and accolades I would prefer.

More enthusiasm than ability!!
twotyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 10:50 AM   #6
Conner
Charlie Ringo

Oddometer: 306
A Deserving World Champ

Besides being the only one to beat GP veteran Mladin for the US Superbike title, look at the depth of talent Nicky beat to become World Champion. Everybody in the top 10 except Super Shinya and GP winner Elias has a World Championship to his name. A very deep pool of talent indeed...
Congratulations Nicky.
Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 12:53 PM   #7
jdiaz

Oddometer: 32,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamerider
Besides being the only one to beat GP veteran Mladin for the US Superbike title, look at the depth of talent Nicky beat to become World Champion.
{cough}Ben Spies{cough}

jdiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 07:19 AM   #8
FSTOUR
IBM# 18778

Oddometer: 148
Laugh The kid can ride.

One point I would like to make. Most of the riders in Moto GP grew up riding those tracks.
Nicky went over and within a few years was a contender. Now I think that learning the tracks AND being able to compete for top spots shows his talent.
Besides, he beat Rossi at the premier level on a proven bike. Meaning they have been for the most part the same bikes for the past three years.
Just my two cents.
FSTOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 08:29 AM   #9
borderer
guzzi 2 shoes

Oddometer: 97
Sorry to say he hardly ever got close to consistantantly beating rossi in straight races. Other factors came into play and cosistancy and mechanical reliability and of course luck played a major part. I think most agree that if Rossi was still on the Honda the championship would have been over a long time ago. All credit to Nicky a great racer but I dont recon in the same class.
borderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 04:28 PM   #10
twotyred
Practising Recedivist

Oddometer: 1,844
I'm very happy that Nicky was able to win this years World Title. Does make a bit of a change from the usual guy. I really like Nicky's atittude and demenour to racing.

That said, I will have to agree with the above post. Luck and circumstances played a HUGE part in this years racing. And that certainly made it very interesting and exciting. One of the all time classic seasons.

Look at how much ground Rossi made up in the last half of the season and he only finished FIVE points in arrears after falling off ( a rare mistake ) and finishing in thirteenth.

Going into the last race, how many of you would have put your house on Hayden winning the title?

Those last two races were certainly an emotional roller coaster ride for Nicky (and for me as an enthusiastic viewer and race fan). It was great to see Nicky show such emotion after Pedrosa took him out and then crossing the finishing line after securing the TITLE.

More enthusiasm than ability!!
twotyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 05:46 PM   #11
Nitzo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,788
Yes, no one is more happy than I that we have an American champion. Now, is he the best rider? Maybe. No, hell no hes not, c'mon, if you follow racing at all you know that Rossi fought an ill-handling, underpowered motorcycle all year. He had a DNF and yes, he threw it down, this came from trying to get more out of the bike then it had. Stop it.yall know, really you do. I love having Nicky as a champion as much as anyone. Does he deserve it? Of course he does. He had the most points at the end of the year. Is he the best rider in the world? Hell no, not even close. Look what Bayliss did. And if any of you disagree or really believe otherwise, you need to find another place to post where people dont know racing or the facts.

Nitzo screwed with this post 11-14-2006 at 05:53 PM
Nitzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 07:06 PM   #12
Gregster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 956
Gregster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 07:46 AM   #13
GS Tom
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxlr8
Is he the best rider in the world? Hell no, not even close. ..... And if any of you disagree or really believe otherwise, you need to find another place to post where people dont know racing or the facts.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/COLOR]
Please define "best rider". That term can be applied to many different individuals simultaneously, depending on what criteria you are using to define "best".
Who is the best endurance rider? Who is the best motocrosser? Who is the best desert racer? Who is best TT racer? Could Rossi win the Paris-Dakar?
Could Hayden win at Isle of Man?
This year Nicky Hayden was the "best" rider in MotoGP by gathering the greatest number of total points over the entire season, and that's a fact.

GS Tom screwed with this post 11-15-2006 at 07:53 AM
GS Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 08:08 AM   #14
Monkey_Boy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,469
Quote:
... Look what Bayliss did. And if any of you disagree or really believe otherwise, you need to find another place to post where people dont know racing or the facts.
The facts are, and Bayliss will admit this, he had a fantasy weekend, everything came together. He was just as surprised as everyone else he won that race.

Besides, Nicky had the pace, too. He just didn't need to beat Bayliss.

Those are the facts. Perhaps you need to post elsewhere?
Monkey_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 08:54 AM   #15
pbransonii
Big Ol' Puss

Oddometer: 509
Quote:
Yes, no one is more happy than I that we have an American champion. Now, is he the best rider? Maybe. No, hell no hes not, c'mon, if you follow racing at all you know that Rossi fought an ill-handling, underpowered motorcycle all year. He had a DNF and yes, he threw it down, this came from trying to get more out of the bike then it had. Stop it.yall know, really you do. I love having Nicky as a champion as much as anyone. Does he deserve it? Of course he does. He had the most points at the end of the year. Is he the best rider in the world? Hell no, not even close. Look what Bayliss did. And if any of you disagree or really believe otherwise, you need to find another place to post where people dont know racing or the facts.
That's kind of like asking if the Cardinals were the best team in baseball this year.

Or if the Steelers were the best football team last year.

Were the Americans the best Olympic hockey team in 1980?

When it was all over with, all that matters is who brought home the goods. Good job Nicky. Can he keep it up? Time will tell.

Paul