Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2007, 08:02 PM   #46
Changer
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrolhead
So everyone could see that the Trail could do a bit of offroad. The pic is from my training for my Iceland trip this summer...
Nicely done. Next up, riding along the rock wall in the background
Old 05-29-2007, 08:30 PM   #47
Oz-Strom
Still trying

Oddometer: 723
Switch from Vstrom 650 to Pegaso Trail?

Hi all - I currently have a Vstrom 650, and previously a DR650. I am thinking of buying a 2007 Pegaso Trail as an adventure tourer (mainly weekend away trips) and commuter. My Vstrom does the latter fairly well, but the offroad stuff is taking its toll on the bike. I would be very interested in reviews/opinions of those who currently ride the latest version of the Trail - both on-road and off-road ability as well as light touring 1-up and 2-up.

Cheers from OZ
Old 05-29-2007, 11:46 PM   #48
Petrolhead
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Earlier review

Damn OZ-Strom... You didnt buy your Trail yet??

Hope that you already read my review back in april:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ghlight=pegaso

And again, If you have any specific question, please feel free to ask!

Petrolhead
1 bike, 2 children.. How about 2-2 instead??
www.nimbusforum.dk
Petrolhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 01:57 AM   #49
Oz-Strom
Still trying

No not got it yet

I have pretty much decided that I will get a Pegaso Trail - just a matter of timing, but, I am still chasing reviews and opinions on the bike as an adventure tourer - just not many out there it seems - I wonder why the BMW F650 is so much more popular?
Old 05-30-2007, 02:14 AM   #50
Petrolhead
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz-Strom
I have pretty much decided that I will get a Pegaso Trail - just a matter of timing, but, I am still chasing reviews and opinions on the bike as an adventure tourer - just not many out there it seems - I wonder why the BMW F650 is so much more popular?

I tried both. A 97 F650, a 95 Pegaso and my own. The Beemer seems to be slightly better quality. There isnt any difference in the handling etc.

If the price is the same, I would go for the Beemer. If there is a difference more than 1K usd I would choose the Pegaso!

Anyway how is the spareparts situation in Australia? And what about the reselling prices. That would be important in a overall ownership period.

Next week I would do a 5000km adventure to the Northcape, and in july I would do a adventure trip around Iceland with my girlfriend. I would reply in here for detail.

Petrolhead
www.nimbusforum.dk
Old 08-15-2007, 06:45 AM   #51
Piipz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 130
Someone from the Orange Crush thread is probably going to kill me now.
I sold my LC8 katoomer. Some people might call it a downgrade, i'll call it a piece of mind (warranty, scent of a new bike, high MPG)
I had my reasons: fuel economy/manouverability/hight/service).

The money i got from it, went to brand NEW Pegaso Trail with almost everything on it - hand guards, tank leather with tank bag, side bags, topcase and Gianelli silencers. I didn't take the carbon bottom guard, i'll wait for an aftermarket metal one. Carbon is good but it protects only once.. My very own bike will arrive next week, but my friend already has one and I must say, this is a big improvement since any other pegaso I tried before. I tried the 2k7 Pegaso Factory also, and didn't feel like it. And hey, OMG the sound of Gianellis

If i have time left from riding, i'll try posting some action pictures later ;)

Piipz screwed with this post 08-15-2007 at 09:30 AM
Piipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:05 AM   #52
doctor_x
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
since i cant have an MT-03 I would absolutely KILL for a pegasso strada ... but I cant have that either so.. WAHHHH!!!!
doctor_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 02:13 PM   #53
Petrolhead
Adventurer

Piipz: I would like to se your fully equiped bike!! Sounds fantastic!

I just been around Iceland. What a fantastic ride.. The Pegaso Trail did i well. Only problem was the sidestand electric. The engine stopped in the middle of a river crossing, because a stone crash the electronic system that should make it impossible to start with the sidestand down. After an hour or so, I managed to fix the wires, so the engine could run.

Petrolhead
www.nimbusforum.dk
Old 08-16-2007, 09:44 PM   #54
Oz-Strom
Still trying

Pegaso Trail in OZ

I cuurently (still) have a Vstrom 650 and went on a 3 day ride with my brother (Aprilia dealer on the Gold Coast) who was on a 2007 Pegaso Trail. I managed to ride it for about 300km on dirt roads, tracks, secondary tar and highway. While it doesn't match the Vstrom on the highway, it is far superior on the dirt and great on the twisty tar, despite only 60% of the power. Way more comfortable than the DR650 I had, and for me as a weekend adventure rider and daily commuter, it is a good compromise.

I have tried KTMs, BMWs, Huskys, but find the Pegaso to be "best fit", and with a few improvements (Arrow mufflers, Barkbusters, sump guard, airbox mods) will suit me fine.

So I am selling the strom and getting the (red) pegaso trail.

650 Strom for sale - K5 with 30k, aftermarket muffler, sonics fork springs - $7700
Old 08-18-2007, 07:29 PM   #55
Changer
n00b

Question Well I only need one kidney... right?

Man I was looking at getting a pegaso trail but maybe I need to wait till I'm 25, Insurance is rediculous. On the other hand I'm impatient. Oh well looks like I'll be riding it stock standard for a couple of years.

For those that have purchased or are getting quotes what kind of deals were you able to wrangle out of your dealer? so far the guy seems unwilling to budge from the $AU 12990 price although at he's the only aprilia dealer within 1000ks of here he's got the market cornered.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:25 AM   #56
Piipz
Gnarly Adventurer

1 more hour and the pegaso is mine : have to wait another week or two for the silencers. they said its better not to put aftermarkets on after first 1000 miles. damn I cant wait any longer :P

Old 08-23-2007, 02:54 AM   #57
Changer
n00b

Thumb

Congratulations! now get out there and get some of those action pics we're all waiting for.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:42 AM   #58
Piipz
Gnarly Adventurer

sry no action photos. I got less than 100 miles on it and I lost almost all the coolant just like that so back to the shop it went. I have never been so disappointed as yesterday. and the salesman is a real dick. the bike was at shop almost 2 weeks, i told him its mine and i want it, but i receieved it 5 days after i made the payment because he was too busy to get the plates to it and assemble the luggage rack. guess how pissed i was, when i got the "overheat" message in the middle of fucking nowhere, i almost felt like leaving the piece of crap in the woods, luckily we had some drinking water with us, so it helped me back at home.

at the moment my thoughts about aprilia -

Old 08-25-2007, 07:12 PM   #59
Changer
n00b

Eek Now you tell me?

Oh I don't need to hear that. I just bought one damn it.

why would you pay for it before you actually pick it up?

So what caused the coolant dump? something loose or broken?
how was it to ride otherwise?
Old 08-26-2007, 09:30 AM   #60
Petrolhead
Adventurer

My Trail just got 11K on the clock. Absolute no problems at all. It has a little "rattle" from the storage above the tank, but the garage promised to figure something out.

Looking forward to hear about the Gianelli silencers..

And what about Power Commander? Thats my only major "bad thing" with the 660 Aprilia/Yamaha engine. Its simple need readjusting from the beginning. Its so unpleasent because of the Euro4 pollution regulation here in Europe. The thing is its too expensive to buy a Power Commander and get it adjusted correctly for me right now.

Petrolhead
www.nimbusforum.dk