Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2012, 06:47 PM   #7321
Crazy Canadian
All who wander r not lost

Oddometer: 2,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
kewlbyme

Please let us know how those pegs fit after you get them.
I am waiting to hear too! Anyone need a set of TTR pegs? The ebay vendor won't let me return them...

The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it!

Day by day, nothing seems to change. But pretty soon, everything is different.
Crazy Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:33 AM   #7322
TTRPaul
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
crash

I dropped my big DR on my concrete carport and the peg bent, when I tried to straighten it it snapped at one place, so I ordered another set, I was at home so no big deal. It was still somewhat rideable. It could have snapped into two pieces and if that happens out in the boonies it might make for an interesting/challenging ride home. They are very inexpensive which makes them appealing.
TTRPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #7323
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer: 6,091
Might have missed some of this, but if TTRPaul has a TTR the DR pegs will fit though you need to used the DR pins and drill the peg bracket a bit for them to fit properly. If you buy DR pegs for the XT the right side will not even be close to fitting. Not sure about the left though.
I have TTR pegs and brackets on my XT and needed different pegs for my Ultimate-MX-Hauler carrier and I am going to put DR pegs on it as they fit, I just didn't have the proper drill bit at the time.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:36 PM   #7324
kewlbyme
Occasional Partaker

Oddometer: 228
Ok, got the cheap dr pegs in today from d2moto. Priority mail from calif arrived in record time.

Unfortunately, RichBeBe is correct. The right side does not fit. The left side might, but what's the point.

No photos, but you can measure this on yours easily enough. The brackets that hold the pegs are different sizes, right and left. The right support bracket measures almost 7/8 o.d., and the peg measures a little more, right at 7/8 I.d.. Thus the peg fits around, outside of the support bracket. The dr peg measures exactly the same as the support bracket, prox 1/32 less than 7/8. So the dr peg won't fit inside of or outside of the support bracket.

The left side might fit. The left support measures 1 1/16 i.d., and the left peg measures 7/8" o.d., and fits inside the support bracket. So, the dr peg would also fit in there. I didn't do it, so I can't tell if the orientation would be exactly parallel to the ground like the stock peg, but it would be close.

So, $15 experiment is 1/2 failure.

Anyone need any dr pegs, cheap?
2002 KLR 703.5 - Sold
1999 Valkyrie IS - Sold
kewlbyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:51 PM   #7325
GI_JO_NATHAN
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTRPaul View Post
The foot pegs are #130737743889 at d2moto store for 9.99. I also had them on my DR650.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTRPaul View Post
At crazy canadian, It was a couple years ago but as I remember they fit just fine. I also put them on the TW200 I had.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlbyme View Post
Thanks for the DR peg info. I used what I believe to be the same or similar DR pegs on my KLR a few years ago. Much better than stock and I really want the same on my XT. I hope thay work out as well.

I just ordered them from HERE using the search terms of dirt, suzuki dr650 (not the se one). They came right up, 1st item.

Again, thanks for the d2moto referral!
Quote:
Ok, got the cheap dr pegs in today from d2moto. Priority mail from calif arrived in record time.

Unfortunately, RichBeBe is correct. The right side does not fit. The left side might, but what's the point.

No photos, but you can measure this on yours easily enough. The brackets that hold the pegs are different sizes, right and left. The right support bracket measures almost 7/8 o.d., and the peg measures a little more, right at 7/8 I.d.. Thus the peg fits around, outside of the support bracket. The dr peg measures exactly the same as the support bracket, prox 1/32 less than 7/8. So the dr peg won't fit inside of or outside of the support bracket.

The left side might fit. The left support measures 1 1/16 i.d., and the left peg measures 7/8" o.d., and fits inside the support bracket. So, the dr peg would also fit in there. I didn't do it, so I can't tell if the orientation would be exactly parallel to the ground like the stock peg, but it would be close.

So, $15 experiment is 1/2 failure.

Anyone need any dr pegs, cheap?
So did you order the same pegs TTRPaul used?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/130737743889...889%26_rdc%3D1
I'm trying to figure out why they worked for him, but not for you..
Someone quote me so he can see my response
Quote:
Originally Posted by POLLOCK28 (XDTALK.com)
From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks. Get with the program!
GI_JO_NATHAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #7326
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

An option though it would add a few bucks is to get the TTR brackets and put them on. You will need a direct bolt-on shifter as well. I think I use a WR250F shifter (though a TTR will work)
I put the DR pegs on my XT the other day (with TTR brackets) I drilled one side and then saw that the longer pin was too short so went with the TTR pins and they are a bit sloppy, but don't think it will be a big deal.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:10 PM   #7327
kewlbyme
Occasional Partaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GI_JO_NATHAN View Post
So did you order the same pegs TTRPaul used?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/130737743889...889%26_rdc%3D1
I'm trying to figure out why they worked for him, but not for you..
Well, I ordered from HERE .

Same vendor, same picture, same description, same specs. So, I have to assume they are the same.

Maybe my XT is weird.
2002 KLR 703.5 - Sold
1999 Valkyrie IS - Sold
Old 08-09-2012, 05:15 PM   #7328
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

He is TTRPaul as in not XTPaul hence the pegs being different.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:21 PM   #7329
kewlbyme
Occasional Partaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBeBe View Post
An option though it would add a few bucks is to get the TTR brackets and put them on. You will need a direct bolt-on shifter as well. I think I use a WR250F shifter (though a TTR will work)
I put the DR pegs on my XT the other day (with TTR brackets) I drilled one side and then saw that the longer pin was too short so went with the TTR pins and they are a bit sloppy, but don't think it will be a big deal.
RichBeBe, would this be an accurate diagram of your TTR peg support bracket? Why is the left side so much more than the right? Leftists always cost more?

2002 KLR 703.5 - Sold
1999 Valkyrie IS - Sold
Old 08-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #7330
GI_JO_NATHAN
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,008
Quote:
He is TTRPaul as in not XTPaul hence the pegs being different.
Well I saw that. But he posted in the XT thread, without mentioning if he was talking about a different bike, and mentioned using them on his TW all so.
Oh well.
Someone quote me so he can see my response
Quote:
Originally Posted by POLLOCK28 (XDTALK.com)
From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks. Get with the program!
GI_JO_NATHAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:26 PM   #7331
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Yeah that is it. I am not sure if the rear brake lever will work now that I think about it.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-TTR-2...85f0ef&vxp=mtr
For a cheaper left side.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:32 PM   #7332
kewlbyme
Occasional Partaker

Quote:
Yeah that is it. I am not sure if the rear brake lever will work now that I think about it.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-TTR-2...85f0ef&vxp=mtr
For a cheaper left side.
LOL, thanks! Ain't the internet great?!

Those itty bitty pegs are startin to look ok after all....

2002 KLR 703.5 - Sold
1999 Valkyrie IS - Sold
Old 08-09-2012, 05:44 PM   #7333
HardWorkingDog
Harvey Mushman

Oddometer: 1,673
Quote:
LOL, thanks! Ain't the internet great?!

Those itty bitty pegs are startin to look ok after all....

You guys DID google the term "XT225 footpegs," right? Because this site comes up immediately: http://itsmysite.com/cgi-bin/itsmy/g...dmospecialties

They're very well made, fit the XT PERfectly, and will save you more than the price difference in headaches...

Next Trip: Divide & Conquer...

"it's a dog's life.............and I love it"
HardWorkingDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:51 PM   #7334
kewlbyme
Occasional Partaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardWorkingDog View Post
You guys DID google the term "XT225 footpegs," right? Because this site comes up immediately: http://itsmysite.com/cgi-bin/itsmy/g...dmospecialties

They're very well made, fit the XT PERfectly, and will save you more than the price difference in headaches...
LOL, of course not. That would make too much sense.

In addition, that would take all the fun out of spending more money trying to be cheap than it costs to do it right the first time......

Actually, I have no defense. But I do have a cheap set of DR pegs.....
2002 KLR 703.5 - Sold
1999 Valkyrie IS - Sold
Old 08-09-2012, 05:55 PM   #7335
kewlbyme
Occasional Partaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardWorkingDog View Post

On an actual informational note, do you have said pegs? Would you have a picture of them installed?
2002 KLR 703.5 - Sold
1999 Valkyrie IS - Sold