Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2013, 08:44 AM   #8911
Rayven45
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by killurtv View Post
Hello,
I have a friend that recently bought an 2007 xt225. The starter relay just clicks rapidly when attempting to start it. A new relay was installed, but still nothing. It does on rare occasion turn over, but then goes right back to clicking away.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Had he checked the battery voltage, battery connections, and starter cable connections?
Rayven45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:05 AM   #8912
jspringator
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayven45 View Post
Had he checked the battery voltage, battery connections, and starter cable connections?
Always start with the battery and its connections. I had to buy a new battery for mine right away.

2000 ST1100 ABS
jspringator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:11 PM   #8913
Robidob
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspringator View Post
Always start with the battery and its connections. I had to buy a new battery for mine right away.
That's exactly what I was going to suggest.
Robidob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:58 AM   #8914
woofer2609
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayven45 View Post
Possibly a starter clutch, but mine crapped out at 12000 miles, so you might not have that much mileage on a 2007. After checking connections as mentioned, remove the plug and try mechanically turning over the engine in neutral to see if there is any interference.
woofer2609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:22 AM   #8915
killurtv
free range moron

Oddometer: 640
Thank you for all the advise!! We are looking into all the things mentioned. I hope to figure it out tonight!
Old 05-30-2013, 09:13 PM   #8916
rextec
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
suspension!

Anyone here mess with the sag settings on their XT??? Any tips??
rextec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:56 AM   #8917
Robidob
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rextec View Post
Anyone here mess with the sag settings on their XT??? Any tips??
I suggest that you adjust for your comfort. Everyone has there own preference on how they like there suspension set up, start with stock see how you like it and if its not working for you try adjusting in one direction first see if you like it if you don't take it back the other way past stock and see if you like that. That rear shock on the XT is limited you can upgrade if you want to spend the cash or you can just learn to love it the way it is.I know a whole bunch of guys have their preload maxed out on the spring. I only paid $1200 for my bike so I have a hard time sinking $300+ for any part. Make sure you check the air in you front side they will loose air over time and it will make a big difference.

Robidob screwed with this post 05-31-2013 at 11:27 AM
Old 05-31-2013, 10:50 PM   #8918
Dirt2Street
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
would lacing the back rim to the front hub screw with the hub at all? I mean, if I wanted to go back to a bigger, more slim tire for offroad...could I?
Old 06-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #8919
Adelphos
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt2Street View Post
would lacing the back rim to the front hub screw with the hub at all? I mean, if I wanted to go back to a bigger, more slim tire for offroad...could I?
It won't hurt it any, but you'll have to order custom spokes for the job. You can convert it back, but it would probably be less costly to have a second front hub and switch out front tires than convert it back and forth ha
Adelphos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:19 PM   #8920
jk$
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
Question Good Price????

Found a sweet looking 98 xt225 for sale, 6000 mi, "never been off road", new tires, body in great condition. Asking price was 2100 but the dude said he'd go lower. Is this too much? I'm not seeing too many of these for sale...
jk$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:48 PM   #8921
Robidob
Adventurer

Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk$ View Post
Found a sweet looking 98 xt225 for sale, 6000 mi, "never been off road", new tires, body in great condition. Asking price was 2100 but the dude said he'd go lower. Is this too much? I'm not seeing too many of these for sale...
I would not pay more than $1800 - $1900 for a 98 in perfect shape, just my two cents worth, others may have other things to say about that.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:19 PM   #8922
Adelphos
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robidob View Post
I would not pay more than $1800 - $1900 for a 98 in perfect shape, just my two cents worth, others may have other things to say about that.
Supply and demand is a big factor for me. I paid "more" than my 93 Toyota Pickup is "worth" when I found it in great shape with low miles simply because they are so hard to find in such condition. The question boils down to, is it worth it to the buyer?
Adelphos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:40 PM   #8923
rhollamby
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 266
Crash

Hello everyone,

So my wife put her bike down today for the first time. Got stuck in a big rut, played ping pong and the front wheel twisted side ways and cranked hard. She super(wo)manned over the trail but only a little sore.

A couple knicks and dings but nothing seemed to messed up until we hit the road. Her steering is off. Doesn't ride poorly and handles fine, but the bars and everything mounted to the top triple tree are twisted. (see pics below). The handle bar was twisted all the way to the right, and rather hard when it flicked her off. Is is possible it rotated on the top triple tree? Do you just block the tire true north and then adjust from there? Is there a special technique? OR is this really impossible to have twisted and it is something else. I have tried to plum everything up and can't find anything twisted, just the top tree attachments (bars, light, etc) are rotated. And again, riding it is smooth with zero issues...well except the bars are slightly twisted

It seems if I loose the pinch bolts and the main nut, that I could rotate everything counter clockwise and then tight down. Wrong?

Pictures if they don't show up below: https://plus.google.com/photos/10892...CNTp4Pjh_t2bQw

rhollamby screwed with this post 06-02-2013 at 08:48 PM
rhollamby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:51 PM   #8924
ER70S-2
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,919
Just roll up to a post/tree/wall/bumper with the front tire and push the bars straight. It's worked for me for 40 years. You don't even have to loosen anything, just push.

SUZUKI DR650SE INFORMATION INDEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threewheelbonnie View Post
"BTW, I don't do style. It's a dirt bike, not some girlie dress-up thing." -
ER70S-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:51 PM   #8925
GlennR
Playin' in the Fire

Oddometer: 1,839
I'd just loosen the triple tree bolts slightly, then bump the front tire against a tree to realign the handlebars. Then torque the clamp bolts back to specs.
GlennR is offline   Reply With Quote