User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2008, 02:23 PM   #946
Trust
I'll fix that

Oddometer: 1,294
an index thread?

So I'm on page 28 of 67, and though some of the posts are fluff, there's a lot of good meat in this thread. Has anyone considered an index thread to keep track of FAQ, common mods, crazy projects, biggest mistakes, or anything else? Or do people just jump over to xt225.com for that? I mean, both have their advantages....
If you dont remember, sky, ground,sky,ground,sky, ground, treeeeeee! You passed out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post
Herding drunk cats drunk. That takes it up a notch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
YOOOOOOOOOLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Give me riding.
Trust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 02:34 PM   #947
LaOutbackTrail
Certified Smartass

Oddometer: 5,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust
So I'm on page 28 of 67, and though some of the posts are fluff, there's a lot of good meat in this thread. Has anyone considered an index thread to keep track of FAQ, common mods, crazy projects, biggest mistakes, or anything else? Or do people just jump over to xt225.com for that? I mean, both have their advantages....
Yeah I was wondering the same thing.... but there's somethings I dont know to search for.... Someone on XT225.com should post it up and make it a sticky.... or put it on the first page of this, lol
LaOutbackTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 04:11 PM   #948
AnthonyD
Nothing to see here...

Oddometer: 411
Anyone have a lot of spare time? I nominate Trust, since it was his idea.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:49 PM   #949
Bar None
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust
Engine guard good from them? And the skid plate, worth it to upgrade from stock? (I definitely think the engine guards would be good.... tell me why not...)
Trust,
I can't comment about the engine guard from Turbo City but I have one of their racks and it is first class. There was some discussion about the guard over on XT225.com from some that have it.
I made some brackets and adapted the engine guard/highway pegs from Whitehorse Press that is for the KLR650.
[IMG][/IMG]
2014 Ice Bear PBZ110-1P sidecar
2015 Ural cT on order
Bar None is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 07:39 AM   #950
Trust
I'll fix that

Oddometer: 1,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyD
Anyone have a lot of spare time? I nominate Trust, since it was his idea.
errmmmmm... Thanks?
except for the spare time part, that could work. My only uncertainty is the longevity factor - I'm not one to commit long-term very well

However, I went out last night, on the XT.... oh.man. Three trails and one railroad track later, I'm in love.

Thanks Barnone; I'll search around over there and see what I find.
If you dont remember, sky, ground,sky,ground,sky, ground, treeeeeee! You passed out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post
Herding drunk cats drunk. That takes it up a notch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
YOOOOOOOOOLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Give me riding.
Trust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:41 AM   #951
EvanMac
EvanMac

Oddometer: 54
Hey LAoutback aka scott,

I see you got her the XT! Awesome! We should plan a couples ride... I'm looking for a rear rack system for nicky's bike too... let me know what you find....
Attached Images

EvanMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:46 AM   #952
EvanMac
EvanMac

Oddometer: 54
gearing

oh, and scott, I guess you know that the PO changed the front sprocket on your wife's bike... Did you go back to stock? Your wife is small and doesn't need to gear it down. Nicky can cruise at 65-70 mph easily with stock gearing... She can peg out the speedo if she goes wfo on the hwy.
EvanMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:50 AM   #953
LaOutbackTrail
Certified Smartass

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanMac
oh, and scott, I guess you know that the PO changed the front sprocket on your wife's bike... Did you go back to stock? Your wife is small and doesn't need to gear it down. Nicky can cruise at 65-70 mph easily with stock gearing... She can peg out the speedo if she goes wfo on the hwy.
Yeah, I know he changed the gearing... and you just reminded me to call and ask them to mail the sprocket to me. I guess we were to excited about getting the bike that i forgot to get the other sprocket.

I will be getting the plates and everything on Monday if you want to plan a ride next weekend (If I dont go work in Kentucky next week).

I'm planning to do a easy, scenic pavement route that can easily be done in the afternoon one day next week if you guys are interested.

Did you ever get Bare-foot Nicky some decent boots? And you yourself? I'm still collecting Kacy's kit. We just got her a dirt helmet yesterday.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:31 PM   #954
kanur
cu new er

Oddometer: 693
I talked to the folks at Dirt Bagz yesterday and was told the XT 225 is on the do do list, maybe by fall.

Mrs Kanur has a new to her XT 225 that she loves. If she can't wait I think I can make the mounts using my KTM ones as a pattern. The Scout bags that I have look like they will work real nice.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:21 PM   #955
Cigar Mike
Too Old and Too Slow

Oddometer: 1,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaOutbackTrail
We just got the XT225 for my wife. I am trying to decide which luggage rack option to go with. I want a tail and side racks.

I like Dirt-Bagz, but they dont make the kit for the XT. Brackets wouldnt be that hard to make for the XT... Why doesnt Dirt-bagz make them?

I have the means of making a bracket to keep bags off the exhaust and chain side... but then i'm not sure which bags to get. My wife would be carrying the lighter stuff, clothes, sleeping bags, tent, etc.

Anyone know where lists of XT225 accessories are?

Thanks
I put the Dirt Bagzs on Cathy's XT. I had the smaller set for my XRL and wanted the larger bags. I took the XRL rack and installed it on the XT. I actually driller a hole in the frame in front of the turn signal and just bolted it on. The lower part of the bracket bolted on to the passenger peg bolt as designed.

They have worked out fine so far.

Cigar Mike
Old 08-08-2008, 08:19 PM   #956
Ross Foy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Hey guys, im reading the thread now. My Dad has a (97)XT225 that were bringing back from the dead,it was a leftover. It doesn't have alot of miles on it, but needs some work. We mostly want to do things to get some more power out of it. He weighs about 165pd and is 5'9, so the bike fit him great. What are some things we could do to get some substantail power out of it? Ive heard about an exhaust mod? And maybe a uni airfilter. Also, is there any way to raise the bike an inch or so?
Ross Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 08:29 PM   #957
moterbiker
Gypsy diver

Oddometer: 1,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Foy
Hey guys, im reading the thread now. My Dad has a (97)XT225 that were bringing back from the dead,it was a leftover. It doesn't have alot of miles on it, but needs some work. We mostly want to do things to get some more power out of it. He weighs about 165pd and is 5'9, so the bike fit him great. What are some things we could do to get some substantail power out of it? Ive heard about an exhaust mod? And maybe a uni airfilter. Also, is there any way to raise the bike an inch or so?

Lets see,
I have raised my bike several inches and I am only 5-8, I took the spring off the rear shock and added a 1 inch spacer the put it back together. I added a 1 inch spacer to each fork leg and lowered the forks in the clamps about a half inch. I also added about 2 inches to my seat removing the dip and making the whole seat flat with the top part that is against the tank. I have added 7/8 ths bars and added about 2 inches of spacers under them with Acerbis hand guards.

I did the Z1 exhaust mod, go to xt225.com and look that up, it is easy. I re jetted the carb, going to a 122.5 main with a small washer under the needle and upped the pilot 1 size, i am running a uni filter and have remove the snorkel from the airbox.

Bike fits me well now, I can last more than an hour on the seat and if I want I can easily go down the road not pushing the bike at 70 on the GPS. I have completely buried the speedometer as well but try not to do that very often

I really don't think I will ever sell this bike

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=988511
moterbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 08:54 PM   #958
Ross Foy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Thanks for the help. I will look into the mods. Did you see a nice jump when doing the Exhaust mod,jet, and air box together?

Also, do you need to be a member to see the exhaust mod on xt225.com? Is it posted somewhere else?
Ross Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 12:32 PM   #959
LaOutbackTrail
Certified Smartass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigar Mike
I put the Dirt Bagzs on Cathy's XT. I had the smaller set for my XRL and wanted the larger bags. I took the XRL rack and installed it on the XT. I actually driller a hole in the frame in front of the turn signal and just bolted it on. The lower part of the bracket bolted on to the passenger peg bolt as designed.

They have worked out fine so far.

Cigar Mike
Cool thanks for the info!
Old 08-10-2008, 06:41 AM   #960
moterbiker
Gypsy diver

Oddometer: 1,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Foy
Thanks for the help. I will look into the mods. Did you see a nice jump when doing the Exhaust mod,jet, and air box together?

Also, do you need to be a member to see the exhaust mod on xt225.com? Is it posted somewhere else?

Don't think you need to be a member, but why not join, it is free and takes a minute or 2?

There is definitely a power increase letting it actually breathe.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=988511
moterbiker is offline   Reply With Quote