Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2009, 08:04 PM   #1351
canoli
human

Oddometer: 1,629
Trust me I am waiting on CigarMike's center stands to be ready. Until then ... I'm also thinking more and more about the Slime. Yeah I know I COULD change a tire ( I also carry two spare tubes with me) but I really wouldnt WANT to.

So on that note, how much do you put in each tire? Do you use the full 8 oz? How much air pressure you running and do you fill it before or after the air?
canoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:53 PM   #1352
RoughRider
elderly windbreaker

Oddometer: 122
Slime...

Put the whole 8 oz in each tube. First get the weight off of the tire, have the valve stem at the bottom, remove the valve core and start squirting. When finished, blow air into the tire to clean out the valve stem, put the core back in, and fill it up to your favorite pressure.

Remember later on when checking tire pressure to have the valve stem at the bottom of the wheel. Let it set that way for a few minutes or just put a short blast of air through it to clear it out before using your tire pressure gauge. If you don't, a little goo comes out. No big deal, just something you have to wipe up. It won't hurt your valve core or pressure gauge.

RoughRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:55 PM   #1353
MasterChief
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiny
Thank you! I wasn't sure, I have a friend looking into a 96 w/3K miles on it for his gf and wasn't sure if the tranny was 5 or 6 speed.
96 is a 6 speed. I have one.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:30 AM   #1354
borlo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
tricks for pulling/installing carb

The manual is no help. I've searched this thread but didn't find anything....

When removing and installing the carb on my wife's new (to her) '06 xt225 a corner of the coasting enricher plate broke off. After I repair it I'll have to reinstall the carb. It is a tight fit. Anybody have a tips/tricks for getting the carb in/out easily. I know it doesn't have to be as hard as I'm making it seem by following the manual's directions. What is the trick?

Also, anybody have a source in the US for a new or used coasting enricher plate?

Thanks,
Erik
borlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:07 AM   #1355
PARTY BOSS™
FORMERLY R1100RICK

Oddometer: 5,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by borlo

When removing and installing the carb on my wife's new (to her) '06 xt225 a corner of the coasting enricher plate broke off. After I repair it I'll have to reinstall the carb. It is a tight fit. Anybody have a tips/tricks for getting the carb in/out easily. I know it doesn't have to be as hard as I'm making it seem by following the manual's directions. What is the trick?

Also, anybody have a source in the US for a new or used coasting enricher plate?

Thanks,
Erik
Sorry to hear that .I thought about pulling the carb and cleaning it to see if that helped the starting problem I am having. If you get some tips on pulling the carb. Be sure to post it.
04'xt225 yamahammer
00' R0050RS Kinder Beemer SOLD

When my mood gets too hot and I find myself wandering beyond control I pull out my motor-bike and hurl it top-speed through these unfit roads for hour after hour. My nerves are jaded and gone near dead, so that nothing less then hours of voluntary danger will prick them into life..."

T.E. Lawrence
PARTY BOSS™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:37 PM   #1356
Cigar Mike
Too Old and Too Slow

Oddometer: 1,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by canoli
Trust me I am waiting on CigarMike's center stands to be ready. Until then ...
Check your PM's

Cigar Mike
Old 03-12-2009, 06:18 PM   #1357
canoli
human

Oddometer: 1,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigar Mike
Check your PM's

Cigar Mike

And thanks to everyone for the help.

Canoli
canoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:51 PM   #1358
Roadrunner
(Negativus Supersonicus)

Oddometer: 23,173
Have you tried....

Quote:

Thanks,
Erik
If you still need info, try the XTE225-250 Riders forum website. There are a lot of very knowledgable mechanics there - just like in here!!
Old 03-13-2009, 09:38 AM   #1359
Chiny
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
I am planning on turning it into a supermoto, what are some recommended 18" street tires for the XT225?
Chiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:35 PM   #1360
Bar None
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,232
Quote:

Thanks,
Erik
Erik,
Good documemted procedure on carb removal/rejecting at
http://www.xt225.com/forums/ubbthrea...3365#Post33365
2014 Ice Bear PBZ110-1P sidecar
2015 Ural cT on order
Bar None is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 04:12 PM   #1361
procycle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiny
I am planning on turning it into a supermoto, what are some recommended 18" street tires for the XT225?
A proper supermoto will have 17" tires.
TurboDiesel Corvette - go to the end to start at the beginning
procycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:07 PM   #1362
Chiny
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by procycle
A proper supermoto will have 17" tires.
Why do you say that? It seems there's more rubber available for 17's but the 18's handle better
Old 03-13-2009, 06:21 PM   #1363
Chiny
Adventurer

Here she is, finally brought her home. Squeaky clean 1999 XT225 with 850 miles on it and bone stock. Seller was the original owner!!

Old 03-13-2009, 06:45 PM   #1364
truck6driver
The Fireman

Oddometer: 7,317
Hello folks,

I have a question for you. I have found a wrecked XT225 locally and wanted to know what you think I should offer the owner for it.
2006 XT225
957 miles
hit in front, forks, wheel, handle bars and levers toast
minor scratches elsewhere.
Runs well and starts right up.
Salvage title but can be registered when repairs completed.

What do you think I should offer for it. NADA shows one in fair condition at $1,800. What do you think?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Ray
Old 03-13-2009, 06:57 PM   #1365
Cigar Mike
Too Old and Too Slow

Oddometer: 1,458
Center Stands for XT225

Just a note about the Center Stands.

I am currently making Center Stands for the XT225. They are home made and I have sold a small number. I am going on vacation in a couple of weeks and won't be back until the middle of April. I will post in Vendors when I get back. I will have a couple available before the end on April if someone would like to really have one soon. Send me a PM if interested now. Or send an Email to mike@cigarmikes.com . First come first serve.

There are two types available a shop model and an attached model in two different heights.

Shop Stand, which connects to the main cross member. It provides a stable platform that makes it difficult to slide off of the stand. It is very stable.

Attached Model Tall, About 3-3 1/2" clearance at rear tire. The taller model is recommended or off road use because it still provides ground clearance on most surfaces. The shorter stand is recommended for more street and harder surfaces. Both models require a little over 25 lbs to rock bike on rear wheel so that the front wheel can be worked on.

Cheers,

Cigar Mike