User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2012, 07:41 AM   #5071
nofate
what blackflies?

Oddometer: 2,829
Brian, are you there now?

How is the dock for parking my plane in case I decide to fly in my supplies so I don't have to haul them on my bike? Google Earth shows a dock at the shore, but I don't know how suitable it is. A sandy beach is fine too.

I plan to ride my bike in on Friday and leave Sunday morning. Looking forward to seeing all you old FFs again and meeting some new ones.

Flying with Rick float plane video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6my0FM9F_Q
nofate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:23 AM   #5072
BackRoader
Heading There Next

Oddometer: 4,745
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofate View Post

How is the dock for parking my plane in case I decide to fly in my supplies so I don't have to haul them on my bike? Google Earth shows a dock at the shore, but I don't know how suitable it is. A sandy beach is fine too.

I plan to ride my bike in on Friday and leave Sunday morning. Looking forward to seeing all you old FFs again and meeting some new ones.
Rick, are planning on building a log home to stay on for the weekend. I know an having trouble packing my camping gear, but I don't need to fly it in !!!!
If you were to bring some extra fusing gear a long for a fly in, I would good with that.
Looking forward to the Rally, only two more sleeps until we leave Winnipeg.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:01 AM   #5073
nofate
what blackflies?

Oddometer: 2,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackRoader View Post
Rick, are planning on building a log home to stay on for the weekend. I know an having trouble packing my camping gear, but I don't need to fly it in !!!!
If you were to bring some extra fusing gear a long for a fly in, I would good with that.
Looking forward to the Rally, only two more sleeps until we leave Winnipeg.
Fusing gear?

I'm always looking for excuses to go flying or fishing so making the short flight to the camp seems like a good idea right now. Walleye season opens this weekend too. I would take some good aerial pics of the camp for Dan.

Flying with Rick float plane video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6my0FM9F_Q
nofate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:08 AM   #5074
BackRoader
Heading There Next

Quote:
Fusing gear?

I'm always looking for excuses to go flying or fishing so making the short flight to the camp seems like a good idea right now. Walleye season opens this weekend too. I would take some good aerial pics of the camp for Dan.
Typo....LOL, Fricken Ipods....I will have to turn off the Atuo Spell check.... it should have read...fucking gear.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:55 PM   #5075
PiffleMaster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,033
Dock...

Quote:

Email sent. Please reply via email so I can send you pictures...
Cheers!
PiffleMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:24 PM   #5076
Whyswoman
The Gal's Gotta 'Yak

Oddometer: 610
I am well on my way...

Spending to night at the "No Tell Motel" (Nipigon) in deference to the fact I am travelling to the NoFAR... I didn't want to stay anywhere which might be construed as "frilly"...and I promise to follow suit with my selection of nightwear...
Old 05-15-2012, 06:41 AM   #5077
calan818
The CarMexican

Oddometer: 1,237
Vicariouslee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyswoman View Post
Spending to night at the "No Tell Motel" (Nipigon) in deference to the fact I am travelling to the NoFAR... I didn't want to stay anywhere which might be construed as "frilly"...and I promise to follow suit with my selection of nightwear...
Since I am unable to attend and I am sure everyone else will be too busy bending their elbows to type, make sure you keep the posts of trips coming! At least I can follow the trip from my home and office! Thanks Lee.
calan818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:03 AM   #5078
canuckAME
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 703
I was hopeing to make it but we're getting busy at work and won't be able to get away.
Have fun and ride safe. Be careful with fires Got enough to keep us busy for a bit.

Post lots of pics
canuckAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:09 PM   #5079
Oldrookie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
Nights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyswoman View Post
OK Whyswoman, I can cope with the nightwear; just be careful with the Night Moves
Oldrookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:10 PM   #5080
isplat2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 301
it might be an idea to pack a few gallons of your favorite bug dope.....

I got everyone covered in the coffee cup department....even to allow for 10% breakage..
isplat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:12 PM   #5081
isplat2
Gnarly Adventurer

Nofate.....
Got your reply to Pifflemaster....drop in anytime...dock is adequate for ...ummm....docking?
Old 05-15-2012, 01:24 PM   #5082
isplat2
Gnarly Adventurer

....after you pass the gate, the road into the camp will be marked with surveyors flagging tape...if the tape blows off...keep to the right at the fork at the bottom of the hill..

... this will all make sense when you see it..
Old 05-15-2012, 06:02 PM   #5083
Whyswoman
The Gal's Gotta 'Yak

Oddometer: 610
I made it!!!!

I successfully completed my solo run to The Soo, and was met just outside the city by my Piffle Partner...He and I have opted for a night at the HoJo...for some advance jollification in happy anticipation of the NoFAR...

Now get your minds out of the gutter...advance jollification, to us, means we are side by side, playing on our 'puters, before we have to go off the grid in Echo Bay...

Looking forward to watching all you slow pokes roll in over the next few days...
Old 05-15-2012, 06:38 PM   #5084
BackRoader
Heading There Next

Bike is packed and ready to go...departure from south St. Vital is on schedule for 08:00 CST.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #5085
2whlrider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackRoader View Post
Bike is packed and ready to go...departure from south St. Vital is on schedule for 08:00 CST.
Ditto!
It'll be great to get on the road.