Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2012, 06:41 PM   #5311
Lappeman
He's Down Again!

Oddometer: 2,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEL115 View Post
Lets hope thats it for setbacks, Have fun and ride safe!
Going much better now. Stopped on Hwy 101 halfway down Oregon. Seen a couple of bikes but not as many as I thought I would. Most of them GS1200's, seems to be the bike of choice!

Changing a bunch of my route around and deleting some. Would like to get to Death Valley and do some riding in the next couple of days!

You guys have fun at the race coming up and don't crash like me! I hear the Ocean calling me, time to take a walk on the beach!
2003 KLR 650 Alaskan Adventure
2007 YZ250F Blue Death
Lappeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:47 PM   #5312
Nanabijou
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldrookie View Post
P.S. I've found a "motorcycle guitar" aka a guitar small enough to be carried on a motorcycle
Hey Oldrookie - if you can play any classic rock from the '70's and '80's - I can accompany you on keyboards at our next gathering. I might have to bring one of those roll-up keyboards though....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZToh-rhoFy4

Hope you start feeling better soon.

Mike
Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:52 PM   #5313
guzzirelic
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZR_Ron View Post
Congratulations on the new bike, Ken! I've ridden Steve's quite a bit,(600, 650, and 800) and can attest to the fact that they are great bikes!
Thanks to everyone for the congratulatory notes. And thanks to Steve and Gord and the other fellows whose brains I picked and whose bikes I observed at the NOFAR. All the info helped to confirm what I thought I wanted and I think it was the right decision. I've managed nearly 300 k so far, (commuting and evening rides) since plating it on Monday and I love this bike. I'm surprised how well it handles highway speeds even with the MT21. And of course it is great in the gravel as well. (It's the rider that needs improvement there.)
The only issue is range and for now I'm going to rig up a mount for one of my Kolpin tanks on the rear rack. It will be something simple that is easy off and on. That adds 5.5l or about 90 k. I'm looking into whether I can source an IMS 18l tank through our shop before I do the internet order thing.

Relic
1976 Yamaha DT400C;1960 Panther M120
1970 Yamaha 100 L5TA Trailmaster
guzzirelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:55 PM   #5314
Whyswoman
The Gal's Gotta 'Yak

Oddometer: 596
Quote:
Well Boys and Girls,
I have a broken toe, a couple of cracked ribs, one broken rib and a broken collar bone. Sneezing is not good ;-(
But I mend. No surgery. Doctor advises rest and minimal pain killers.

I WILL RIDE AGAIN
Old Rookie
P.S. I've found a "motorcycle guitar" aka a guitar small enough to be carried on a motorcycle
Please, don't tell me you bought a ukelele...I don't think I could take it...

Glad to hear you are on the mend though...I look forward to seeing you when Brian and I come through enroute to Paradise (and other fine places)

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...B7MsmZi3RGt4c2
Whyswoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:25 PM   #5315
FINNDIAN
Mine goes to 11

Oddometer: 1,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by guzzirelic View Post
I'm looking into whether I can source an IMS 18l tank through our shop before I do the internet order thing.

Relic
I think it's steen hansen who has them.
The more side roads you stop to explore, the less likely that life will pass you by. ~Robert Brault. 2004 KTM 950 S GO!!!!(Blacked out),03 Beta Rev3, 1973 Rokon Trailbreaker 2x2, 1999 Intruder 1500, 08 Aprilia rxv450, 90 DRBIG 800,79GS850
Ride Reports
FINNDIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:40 PM   #5316
calan818
All squint eyed&confused

Oddometer: 1,185
Newfoundland

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckAME View Post
Back to work tomorrow. Been tough to get out this year. My wife and I are off to Newfoundland next week for 2 weeks of touring about. Looking forward to seeing the "Rock"
Hey canuck! Post a few pics of The Rock. My wife would love to see pics of her homeland.
calan818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:57 AM   #5317
isplat2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 299
Quote:
Well Boys and Girls,
I have a broken toe, a couple of cracked ribs, one broken rib and a broken collar bone. Sneezing is not good ;-(
But I mend. No surgery. Doctor advises rest and minimal pain killers.

I WILL RIDE AGAIN
Old Rookie
????....minimal pain killers..????........is The Macallan considered a pain killer?

heal well J.....and DO ride again....I'm holding your sidestand hostage.
isplat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:27 PM   #5318
Hektoglider
One with Life

Oddometer: 2,536
Wisc bluff photos

Some photos from the recent ride through Wisconsin bluff roads. If you havent ridden these yet, I highly recommend it. Cannonshot has posted lots of gps files, and these photos are mostly from Buffalo County.

summertime. kickstand melting into the ashpalt.....

Canada Ridge, a road that runs on top of the bluff

A nice ride along the river, I did'nt follow the gps track perfectly, and wandered off to find some great riding.You really can't go wrong in this area, just riding all the roads signed with letters, commonly referred to as the "alphabet roads"

I spotted this 36 GMC along the way and stopped to talk to the owner for a while

Cool old buildings along the way

taking a look at the KLR at the campground.

Lake Superior on hwy 61 north shore Minnesota

Hektoglider screwed with this post 06-08-2012 at 01:43 PM
Hektoglider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:40 PM   #5319
skysailor
Rat Rider

Oddometer: 3,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by guzzirelic View Post
Thanks to everyone for the congratulatory notes. And thanks to Steve and Gord and the other fellows whose brains I picked and whose bikes I observed at the NOFAR. All the info helped to confirm what I thought I wanted and I think it was the right decision. I've managed nearly 300 k so far, (commuting and evening rides) since plating it on Monday and I love this bike. I'm surprised how well it handles highway speeds even with the MT21. And of course it is great in the gravel as well. (It's the rider that needs improvement there.)
The only issue is range and for now I'm going to rig up a mount for one of my Kolpin tanks on the rear rack. It will be something simple that is easy off and on. That adds 5.5l or about 90 k. I'm looking into whether I can source an IMS 18l tank through our shop before I do the internet order thing.

Relic
Haven't been able to use mine much, but my last fill was 6,5 L for 90 MILES. That's half a tank, so I figure I've got at least 150 miles before I need gas? That's well over 220 k. My poor old ass needs a rest LONG before that.
Enjoy the bike.
Lyle
skysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:46 PM   #5320
KEL115
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lappeman View Post
Going much better now. Stopped on Hwy 101 halfway down Oregon. Seen a couple of bikes but not as many as I thought I would. Most of them GS1200's, seems to be the bike of choice!

Changing a bunch of my route around and deleting some. Would like to get to Death Valley and do some riding in the next couple of days!

You guys have fun at the race coming up and don't crash like me! I hear the Ocean calling me, time to take a walk on the beach!
Carver is going to be hot! hot! 33 degrees, maybe I'll jump in the river half way through! We'll save you a spot on the starting line.
KEL115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:57 AM   #5321
Oldrookie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Jammin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanabijou View Post
Hey Oldrookie - if you can play any classic rock from the '70's and '80's - I can accompany you on keyboards at our next gathering. I might have to bring one of those roll-up keyboards though....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZToh-rhoFy4

Hope you start feeling better soon.

Mike
That is so cool...
Mike, could you suggest a tune list and I'll get cracking. My era was more 60's and 70's folk, but I have done rock, and my brother can provide any necessary chords
Motivation !!
Old 06-09-2012, 10:05 AM   #5322
Oldrookie
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyswoman View Post
Please, don't tell me you bought a ukelele...I don't think I could take it...

Glad to hear you are on the mend though...I look forward to seeing you when Brian and I come through enroute to Paradise (and other fine places)
No uke, Lee; I know where to get one.
And I've sold my banjo-mandolin.
But I've got others ;-)
Just think, when you get here, I'll be ambulatory
Old 06-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #5323
Nanabijou
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 664
Quote:
That is so cool...
Mike, could you suggest a tune list and I'll get cracking. My era was more 60's and 70's folk, but I have done rock, and my brother can provide any necessary chords
Motivation !!
Oldrookie - I collect sheet music. I'm afraid I don't have much Folk stuff though. I do have a Valdy (I believe he is from Ottawa!) sheet music book that contains most of his hits and is pretty rare. If you can play right now - I would be happy to send some chords your way to help you pass the time! :)

Mike
Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:57 AM   #5324
Oldrookie
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanabijou View Post
Oldrookie - I collect sheet music. I'm afraid I don't have much Folk stuff though. I do have a Valdy (I believe he is from Ottawa!) sheet music book that contains most of his hits and is pretty rare. If you can play right now - I would be happy to send some chords your way to help you pass the time! :)

Mike
Yes please ;-)
Old 06-09-2012, 04:44 PM   #5325
ZZR_Ron OP
Underground

Oddometer: 8,005
Just go here...

Pick any song you want, and play away!

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/