ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Canada
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 09:08 PM   #6031
Whyswoman
The Gal's Gotta 'Yak
 
Whyswoman's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: WhinyNippy
Oddometer: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lappeman View Post
Ya, I think isplat2's sincerity is lacking a touch...

I'll set things straight a bit...

yes Greg, we are really, really sorry to hear about your snowfall and we wish you all the best in shovelling out your driveway and if we had the chance we would deffinitly help out

There, I think that was a bit more sincere...wasn't it

You know, I think isplat2 was totally sincere: " No.... really....I am sorry. .....to hear about it " - check the way he accentuated "hear"... He is quite the wordsmith, our dear isplat2 is...and such a poker-faced tease...
__________________
“Most people don't grow up. Most people age. They find parking spaces, honor their credit cards, get married, have children, and call that maturity. What that is, is aging.” Maya Angelou
Whyswoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:59 PM   #6032
bungie4
Frostback
 
bungie4's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Sudbury Ontario
Oddometer: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackRoader View Post
Almost forgot the Captain Cola Pose.... taken along the Shafer Trail.

So, do tell. How did the CRFL do? Mine got put away for the winter today. I've got a Seat Concepts seat and a Manrack to put on it over the winter. I've been invited out to Moab in March of '13. But it will completely total all my vacation time for the year. Tough decision.

And in keeping with the spirit of the last couple of posts. With the weather today in Sudbury, my buddy and I hopped on our bikes around rode down to Noelville for lunch, then out to Marten River, then returned home via Field and a River Valley. What an awesome bonus day! 380km.

The sad bit is, all 3 of my bikes are now put away for winter. Nothing left to do but
__________________
-Steve

2013 FJR1300, 2004 FJR1300, 2013 CRF250L
I have a job, I explore, I follow every little whiff.
On/Offroad help when you need it - http://www.assistancelist.com
bungie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:15 PM   #6033
Nanabijou
Studly Adventurer
 
Nanabijou's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
Oddometer: 687
Quote:
Originally Posted by bungie4 View Post
So, do tell. How did the CRFL do? Mine got put away for the winter today. I've got a Seat Concepts seat and a Manrack to put on it over the winter. I've been invited out to Moab in March of '13. But it will completely total all my vacation time for the year. Tough decision.

And in keeping with the spirit of the last couple of posts. With the weather today in Sudbury, my buddy and I hopped on our bikes around rode down to Noelville for lunch, then out to Marten River, then returned home via Field and a River Valley. What an awesome bonus day! 380km.

The sad bit is, all 3 of my bikes are now put away for winter. Nothing left to do but
Bungie - I believe 2whlrider is riding a red Kawasaki KLX250 in that photo!

Mike
Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:18 PM   #6034
Nanabijou
Studly Adventurer
 
Nanabijou's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
Oddometer: 687
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2whlrider View Post
Fantastic photo's Rob.
You have an eye for the great shots.
Agree completely. Rob - you couldn't have been using a compact digital.....right??!?!?

At any moment, I was expecting to see Wyle E. Coyote and the Roadrunner ripping around in the distance.

Mike
Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:27 PM   #6035
BackRoader
Heading There Next
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: The Center of Canada, Home of the Arctic Vortex
Oddometer: 4,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanabijou View Post
Agree completely. Rob - you couldn't have been using a compact digital.....right??!?!?

At any moment, I was expecting to see Wyle E. Coyote and the Roadrunner ripping around in the distance.

Mike
Rob uses a full size digital camera.... The rest of us were using pocket size or iPod / iPhones.
__________________
2009 Yamaha WR250R, 1978 Yamaha XS650 SE, 2006 Kawasaki Super Sherpa, 2004 Yamaha BWS, 1967 Honda CD125, 1980 Honda C70 Cub. SOLD. (on display at the Headingly Musem for the Winter)
BackRoader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:32 AM   #6036
nuttynu
Studly Adventurer
 
nuttynu's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: ANCHORAGE,ALASKA
Oddometer: 922
alaska,....dont count i guess

__________________

nuttynu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:05 AM   #6037
2whlrider
Adventurer
 
2whlrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Flatipeg, Manitoba
Oddometer: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by bungie4 View Post
So, do tell. How did the CRFL do? Mine got put away for the winter today. I've got a Seat Concepts seat and a Manrack to put on it over the winter. I've been invited out to Moab in March of '13. But it will completely total all my vacation time for the year. Tough decision.

And in keeping with the spirit of the last couple of posts. With the weather today in Sudbury, my buddy and I hopped on our bikes around rode down to Noelville for lunch, then out to Marten River, then returned home via Field and a River Valley. What an awesome bonus day! 380km.

The sad bit is, all 3 of my bikes are now put away for winter. Nothing left to do but
Nanabijou is correct. I have a 2009 KLX250 which carries the traditional Kawasaki red color scheme.

It performed well in Moab and never let me down. (Other than being a little cranky in the morning, pun intended)
Could have used more power at times and perhaps different jetting above 7000 feet. Fuel range was the shortest of all four bikes even with the extra 1 gallon Rotopax I carried.
__________________
On two wheels....That's my Happy Place!
2whlrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:20 AM   #6038
isplat2
Gnarly Adventurer
 
isplat2's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Soo Ont.
Oddometer: 301
[QUOTE=Lappeman;20023591]Ya couldn't go without doing that one eh I notice your holding a water bottle, so my question is..."Where has all the Rum gone?"


....thats not water in the bottle.....


Its non-alcoholic vodka.
__________________
950 GO!!!!!
650 GS (Lovey's Ride)
SR 500 - Velorex Side Car
isplat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:02 AM   #6039
bungie4
Frostback
 
bungie4's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Sudbury Ontario
Oddometer: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2whlrider View Post
Nanabijou is correct. I have a 2009 KLX250 which carries the traditional Kawasaki red color scheme.

It performed well in Moab and never let me down. (Other than being a little cranky in the morning, pun intended)
Could have used more power at times and perhaps different jetting above 7000 feet. Fuel range was the shortest of all four bikes even with the extra 1 gallon Rotopax I carried.
Doh. New rule. No more PWI and no more posting after my bed time.

Looked like an incredible trip.
__________________
-Steve

2013 FJR1300, 2004 FJR1300, 2013 CRF250L
I have a job, I explore, I follow every little whiff.
On/Offroad help when you need it - http://www.assistancelist.com
bungie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:35 AM   #6040
BackRoader
Heading There Next
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: The Center of Canada, Home of the Arctic Vortex
Oddometer: 4,713
[QUOTE=2whlrider;
It performed well in Moab and never let me down. (Other than being a little cranky in the morning, pun intended)
Could have used more power at times and perhaps different jetting above 7000 feet. Fuel range was the shortest of all four bikes even with the extra 1 gallon Rotopax I carried.[/QUOTE]

The KLX400 was better on fuel but only by a very small margin, 0.2 per US gallon over the KLX250. Probably because the 250 was piped and jetted and maybe the tires also contributed to the additional fuel burn.
I am considering a full research study, however Dave and I will require private funding to cover expenses for a month in Moab....
__________________
2009 Yamaha WR250R, 1978 Yamaha XS650 SE, 2006 Kawasaki Super Sherpa, 2004 Yamaha BWS, 1967 Honda CD125, 1980 Honda C70 Cub. SOLD. (on display at the Headingly Musem for the Winter)
BackRoader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:41 PM   #6041
Lappeman
He's Down Again!
 
Lappeman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Lappe, ON Coldest, wettest place...well not quite!
Oddometer: 2,182
[QUOTE=isplat2;20025009]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lappeman View Post
Ya couldn't go without doing that one eh I notice your holding a water bottle, so my question is..."Where has all the Rum gone?"

....thats not water in the bottle.....
Its non-alcoholic vodka.

If it were a poolside shot, I'd know it was deffinitly alcoholic...
__________________
Lappeman
Photos http://s891.photobucket.com/profile/Lappeman
Youtube http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB-w...7m3yBQA/videos
2003 KLR 650 Alaskan Adventure
2007 YZ250F Blue Death
Lappeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:33 PM   #6042
Lappeman
He's Down Again!
 
Lappeman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Lappe, ON Coldest, wettest place...well not quite!
Oddometer: 2,182
More Moab scenery....

2whlrider along the cliffs on Hurrah Pass road


BackRoader about to loft the front wheel over a ledge on Chicken Corners road


Chicken Corners from the backside


Lunch Break at the end of the Chicken Corners road


Thelma and Louise cliff straight across the river. This area is where they drove their car off in the movie


Insignificant spots in the big picture...It's all very overwhelming out there


Little hide-a-way on Hurrah Pass road
__________________
Lappeman
Photos http://s891.photobucket.com/profile/Lappeman
Youtube http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB-w...7m3yBQA/videos
2003 KLR 650 Alaskan Adventure
2007 YZ250F Blue Death
Lappeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:00 PM   #6043
2whlrider
Adventurer
 
2whlrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Flatipeg, Manitoba
Oddometer: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackRoader View Post
The KLX400 was better on fuel but only by a very small margin, 0.2 per US gallon over the KLX250. Probably because the 250 was piped and jetted and maybe the tires also contributed to the additional fuel burn.
I am considering a full research study, however Dave and I will require private funding to cover expenses for a month in Moab....
I agree completely....much more well funded research is required to properly determine fuel usage of both bikes. A month in Moab might do the trick....maybe.
__________________
On two wheels....That's my Happy Place!
2whlrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:19 PM   #6044
BackRoader
Heading There Next
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: The Center of Canada, Home of the Arctic Vortex
Oddometer: 4,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2whlrider View Post
I agree completely....much more well funded research is required to properly determine fuel usage of both bikes. A month in Moab might do the trick....maybe.
A one month study should provide enough time to justify a two year research grant... I am sure the NDP's would approve it!!!! Lol
__________________
2009 Yamaha WR250R, 1978 Yamaha XS650 SE, 2006 Kawasaki Super Sherpa, 2004 Yamaha BWS, 1967 Honda CD125, 1980 Honda C70 Cub. SOLD. (on display at the Headingly Musem for the Winter)
BackRoader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:43 PM   #6045
Lappeman
He's Down Again!
 
Lappeman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Lappe, ON Coldest, wettest place...well not quite!
Oddometer: 2,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackRoader View Post
A one month study should provide enough time to justify a two year research grant... I am sure the NDP's would approve it!!!! Lol

I think you guys should maybe look at doing a study in the effects of high altitude on your bikes...like maybe here

__________________
Lappeman
Photos http://s891.photobucket.com/profile/Lappeman
Youtube http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB-w...7m3yBQA/videos
2003 KLR 650 Alaskan Adventure
2007 YZ250F Blue Death
Lappeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014