Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Canada
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 04:17 PM   #6106
BackRoader
Heading There Next

Oddometer: 4,568
2004, KLX400, for sale.... new bike arriving soon, need the room. 2500KMs lots of upgrades and ridden by an old lady according to some..
PM me for details.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:45 PM   #6107
Lappeman
He's Down Again!

Oddometer: 2,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackRoader View Post
2004, KLX400, for sale.... new bike arriving soon, need the room. 2500KMs lots of upgrades and ridden by an old lady according to some..
PM me for details.
I can vouch for the old Lady driven...it was deffinitly babied! Nice bike, someone should pick it up!
2003 KLR 650 Alaskan Adventure
2007 YZ250F Blue Death
Lappeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:53 PM   #6108
Nanabijou
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanabijou View Post
Hey Rob - did you make it out yesterday? I took advantage of the weather (9 C today) and installed my Highway Dirtbikes handguards, mirrors and clamp onto the WR250R today. Took it for a spin out to Wildgoose beach and around town. If the weather keeps up - I might not have to put my bike away this winter.

Ha..ha.. Never mind the cc to weight ratio. 44 hp at 329 lbs full of fluids looks pretty good.

And it is being reported that the 390 Duke will be built in India alongside its little brother - the 200 Duke. Apparently, the build and component quality of the 200 Duke is exemplary. And both the Duke 390 and 200 share the exact same chassis - which will save on costs. Furthermore, if memory serves - representatives in the U.K. are reporting that the 390 Duke will be priced slightly LOWER than the Ninja 300 there. If that proves true - and similar pricing compared to the Ninja 300 occurs in Canada (if it comes here) - this will be some pretty stiff competition for the Ninja 300 and Honda CBR 500.

Mike
Cycle World magazine is quoting the U.S. price for the KTM 390 Duke at $6400.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2012/11/19...ke-first-look/

Mike
Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:56 PM   #6109
FINNDIAN
Mine goes to 11

Oddometer: 1,732
Quote:
PM me for details.
An 04 with 2500 km. Wtf

Sent from my Droid RAZR using tapatalk 2
The more side roads you stop to explore, the less likely that life will pass you by. ~Robert Brault. 2004 KTM 950 S GO!!!!(Blacked out),03 Beta Rev3, 1973 Rokon Trailbreaker 2x2, 1999 Intruder 1500, 08 Aprilia rxv450, 90 DRBIG 800,79GS850
Ride Reports
FINNDIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:05 PM   #6110
Nanabijou
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lappeman View Post
It was plus 9c and the sun was trying to break thru as I sat in my Living Room stuffing my face with fudge! I thought, get up off the damn couch and go for a ride! I headed up Kam Current to the school to drop of pop cans...good start...roads are wet and have sand on them. I'm figuring from the morning frost, it made the pavement slick as hell. I looped back around to Hwy 591 and went onto the old section of 591 that runs past the old homestead. Buildings are really looking worse than they were before. I got onto the gravel road and it was really slick and muddy. I headed into one of the old pits and go figure, bald back tires don't work so well in deep gravel
Great little report Rob. You and that KTM are sure bonding well. I'm hoping that the colder weather predicted for this weekend will pass - and we will find some more mild weather around the corner. Just think - only about 3 more months left of bad weather - and things start to get better again. ;) My 2011 CBR125R with the 150cc engine swap is supposed to be completed this weekend. I want to have a chance to ride it!

Mike
Old 11-19-2012, 05:10 PM   #6111
BackRoader
Heading There Next

Quote:
Great little report Rob. You and that KTM are sure bonding well. I'm hoping that the colder weather predicted for this weekend will pass - and we will find some more mild weather around the corner. Just think - only about 3 more months left of bad weather - and things start to get better again. ;) My 2011 CBR125R with the 150cc engine swap is supposed to be completed this weekend. I want to have a chance to ride it!

Mike
Mike, love your attitude...just think of it this way...winter is just an extended period to perform maitenance....
Old 11-19-2012, 05:24 PM   #6112
Nanabijou
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Mike, love your attitude...just think of it this way...winter is just an extended period to perform maitenance....
And I think Hektoglider's right. Because we've been able to extend the riding season - the winter will feel shorter. Over the past few years - I've been taking my bike out in early-mid March. Hope this keeps up.

Mike
Old 11-19-2012, 05:47 PM   #6113
Lappeman
He's Down Again!

Quote:
And I think Hektoglider's right. Because we've been able to extend the riding season - the winter will feel shorter. Over the past few years - I've been taking my bike out in early-mid March. Hope this keeps up.

Mike
I wouldn't count on it...I think we'll still be on the snowmachines then...If I can afford the gas but it would be nice to be on the bikes
2007 YZ250F Blue Death
Old 11-20-2012, 02:55 PM   #6114
Lappeman
He's Down Again!

Another Ride....

The sun finally broke thru around noon, so I mounted up and headed into town and across the city. I crossed the old Jacknife bridge and headed out City road thru the Reserve. I picked a dirt, no muddy road and headed in looking for a way to get to the base of Mount McKay. After many large puddles and slick mud, I spotted a trail that headed the direction I was looking to go. I ended up crossing a field and then made a very slick steep climb up a grassy trail that put me face to face with the base of Mount McKay. Now I had heard that there was a cave or old mine audit somewhere in the base but after running back and forth along it, I couldn't see anything that resembled a cave entrance. I continued on to the east and down another slick grassy hill and connected up with a small road that wandered thru the bush, finally ending up back on the main road just short of the turnoff to the lookout.

This is the field I crossed, you can see the trail thru it...I should've taken a shot from the top of the hill I climbed

Base of Mount McKay

Trail along the base

I headed up to see the old pumping station. I heard awhile back that they demolished it. As I approached the site, I could see that the only building they demo'd was the main office. There was still all the other buildings standing that were associated with the site. Continuing back up the lookout road, I turned onto the road that went to Crescent Lake. It's not a long road and I was at the lake in no time. I continued alongside the lake to see where the road went and went thru a couple of mud holes. At the same time I was going thru one, I was also looking for a trail to the lake to take some photos. Well sure enough, as soon as I lost my consentration on the road, I lost my tires down the side of the center of the road and over I went I ended up rolling into the bush, swearing as I went I picked up the bike and fired it back up and continued on. The road finally ended at a swamp, so I turned around and headed back to Mt McKay to take a few photos. I headed back into town with the idea of finding some out of the way stuff to run along the waterfront but it started to cloud over and the temp dropped, so I decided to head to the car wash and spray off the mud.

Gate at the old water pumping station behind Mt McKay

Building still standing...you can see where the office used to be where the slab is

Whoopsie....

Crescent Lake

Crescent Lake road

View of the City

The Canadian Steamship Line boat Frontenac arriving. Remains of Mission Paper Mill are just in front the boat and upper right corner is the Sleeping giant's head

I was a tad chilly ride, somewhat reminding me of the mornings in Moab when we'd start out in sunshine and 5c, except it wasn't going to get any warmer and the scenery wasn't anywhere as spectacular...ah who am I kidding, it was nothing like Moab...
2007 YZ250F Blue Death
Old 11-20-2012, 03:30 PM   #6115
BackRoader
Heading There Next

Hey Rob, too bad I wasn't there to get a picture... Pay back ... Lol

Not much riding going on here now... Apparently winter is coming back next week.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:29 PM   #6116
Lappeman
He's Down Again!

Quote:
Hey Rob, too bad I wasn't there to get a picture... Pay back ... Lol

Ya, that's why I included it...to make you feel better. I could've just hidden the fact

Looks like 2 more semi-nice days and then...winter I think that was my last ride, time to put stuff away and get ready for sledding
2007 YZ250F Blue Death
Old 11-20-2012, 06:32 PM   #6117
Lappeman
He's Down Again!

Photobucket...

Okay, here I go again. Trying the new version and still can't get to my photo links. I put the mouse over the gear on the photo and click either share links or get media links and the box comes up with the links but when I move the mouse to click on the links, they dissapear behind a big black box. So I can't copy the IMG link to post on this site.

Can someone please explain to me what I'm missing. Is it my security settings? I've tried all the settings on photobucket and it's still doing it. What's changed?

Thanks

P.S. - you really have to explain it really slowly to me
2007 YZ250F Blue Death
Old 11-20-2012, 06:56 PM   #6118
Lappeman
He's Down Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Fry View Post
You could just open the picture, then click the right mouse button while on the address bar at the top of your browser. When the address is highlighted, select copy from the option menu that drops down.
That would work but when I do lots of photos it takes a lot longer to make a post on here doing it that way. BackRoader knows I'm very impatient when it comes to this
Thanks John Fry!

Edit - Okay, stupid me figured it out. I can still click on the blacked out link and it will work the same way as before...fustration settles...
2007 YZ250F Blue Death

Lappeman screwed with this post 11-20-2012 at 07:06 PM
Old 11-20-2012, 07:15 PM   #6119
Lappeman
He's Down Again!

Okay, this is a good test and I also wanted to share this with you. This is the view from dirrectly below the Mount McKay lookout. All the little spots on the hillside in amongst the trees are 45 gallon drums...did someone have a barrel rolling contest at one time....

2007 YZ250F Blue Death
Old 11-20-2012, 07:30 PM   #6120
2whlrider
Where to next?

Oddometer: 809
Great photos Rob.
It may not be Moab but it sure beats Winnipeg.