Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2012, 08:04 AM   #6196
Hektoglider
One with Life

Oddometer: 2,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTH RIDER View Post
hi HEKTO. i too go into a bit of depression at this time of the year. i'm all" funked up".

i told my wife that I'm not go out of the house unless it is to work. i hate the cold.

i see FINNDIAN'S sauna in one picture and have good memories of it from this past summer ,looking forward to using it again next year, i think i also see Gord's bike in an almost stock condition ( original bodywork ) that must be a pretty old photo.

I'M BIKE SHOPPING TO ALLEVIATE SOME OF THE DEPRESSION.

north rider
I see the funk coming even before the riding season is done,every year.

What bike are you looking at ? The new triumph 800? not a KLR......

I put the sauna photo up, I knew it would stir up some good memory. The other photo is an older shot, but it has less obvious signifigance. Theres Gord, riding his bike past all the white markers.........life is much shorter than you think,enjoy it while you can.....

Hektoglider screwed with this post 11-28-2012 at 08:27 AM
Hektoglider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:10 AM   #6197
bungie4
Frostback

Oddometer: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanabijou View Post
Hey Bungie - entertaining story. Thanks for providing some reassurance that those kinds of buyers aren't only in Thunder Bay. I suspect we'll have better luck selling the bikes in the spring.
Yup, I'll be removing the listing until early Spring. The bikes put away in storage for the winter now.

Another little story because I'm really busy at the moment poking the pooch at work.

Just before our Nations Capital incident I had a local buyer. I had just bought the CRFL and was thinking the timing was working out perfectly. Ya, no.

Husband and wife came out to look at the bike, for the wife. A price was agreed on Friday and they were to take delivery on Monday. Middle aged couple and they offered a deposit. I told them if they give me there word that the deal would be done Monday no deposit required. They were so happy with the purchase she asked if she could take the owners manual over the weekend. Sure!

Monday arrives and I get an email telling me that the dealer I bought both the CBR and the CRFL from had sold them a brand new CBR for $200 more than our agreed upon price. My buddy SNIPED ME! He had no way of knowing. But still. JEEBUZ!

It took until the end of Oct to get them to return the owners manual. Nevermind they drove by my place twice a day, to and from work.

See what I mean.. it's always something! But just to show the universe knows all, I see that they are selling there new bike on kijiji in full panic mode. Must go! No reasonable offer refused!

2013 FJR1300, 2004 FJR1300, 2013 CRF250L
I have a job, I explore, I follow every little whiff.
On/Offroad help when you need it - http://www.assistancelist.com
bungie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:29 PM   #6198
FINNDIAN
Mine goes to 11

Oddometer: 1,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hektoglider View Post
did you get your GS 750 ADV all dialed in? have'nt heard much about it since the initial burst of enthusiasm. Thought it was gonna replace the 990 there for a while......
The 850 gs is still in a state of dissassembly. Just about back together though. Then the new exhaust system and sidecar go on. Just been too short on time to get stuff done.
The more side roads you stop to explore, the less likely that life will pass you by. ~Robert Brault. 2004 KTM 950 S GO!!!!(Blacked out),03 Beta Rev3, 1973 Rokon Trailbreaker 2x2, 1999 Intruder 1500, 08 Aprilia rxv450, 90 DRBIG 800,79GS850
Ride Reports
FINNDIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:16 PM   #6199
BackRoader
Heading There Next

Oddometer: 4,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINNDIAN View Post
The 850 gs is still in a state of dissassembly. Just about back together though. Then the new exhaust system and sidecar go on. Just been too short on time to get stuff done.
Must be tough working on bikes with Sled Season on you. I assume you have snow.

Are you driving the Groomer again this year ?
Old 11-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #6200
FINNDIAN
Mine goes to 11

We only have a few volunteers to groom trails so I'm sure I'll be doing more grooming than i like. We will have less trails this year as many of them washed away in the floods
The more side roads you stop to explore, the less likely that life will pass you by. ~Robert Brault. 2004 KTM 950 S GO!!!!(Blacked out),03 Beta Rev3, 1973 Rokon Trailbreaker 2x2, 1999 Intruder 1500, 08 Aprilia rxv450, 90 DRBIG 800,79GS850
Ride Reports
Old 11-29-2012, 07:24 AM   #6201
dryden_rider_54
Sun Seeker

Oddometer: 1,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by bungie4 View Post
Mine's been for sale since August. Good luck with it. I've had a bunch of 'sales' that all fell through. Seems the universe wants me to keep it.
Selling is always an adventure of it's own. I must be a sellers dream because I would never go through all of the krap that some folks I have tried to sell stuff to.

Have had people haggling a matter of $50 on a $5-8000 sale. One fellow wanted me to give him a 30 day full money back warranty on a 15 yr old truck that I was selling. Told him to head to the dealer and that I would not be selling him the truck. He was pissed but I knew that I would never hear the end of him and he would be hounding me forever with anything that went wrong with it.
dryden_rider_54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:37 AM   #6202
ZZR_Ron OP
Underground

Oddometer: 8,033
I think if it comes to selling, I prefer to talk to my brothers on here.

They know they are buying a well maintained bike from me.

I could never feel right about a friend, and sellling them junk. Every time I have sold a bike, it is through here, (or through a frienship arrangemet), I would NEVER send one of you out with crap!

It's what we do.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:48 AM   #6203
BackRoader
Heading There Next

Oddometer: 4,744
My favorite line.... "will you take".... WTF, everyone figures they are a star on "Canadian Pickers". (Do people normally double the price of an item they are selling expecting to get 1/2 of what they are asking for it????, come on !!! )

I had my KLX400 on Kijiji for $4400.00...I get an email from a guy, Will You Take $1700 ???...... what are you supposed to say....Sure and if you hurry right over with a cheque I'll deliver the Fu$#ing thing to Vancouver for free.

There seems to be a great deal of confusion over the difference between "for sale" and "garage sale".....

Whoops, sorry about the rant I will feel better after my second cup of coffee.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:55 AM   #6204
Nanabijou
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackRoader View Post
My favorite line.... "will you take".... WTF, everyone figures they are a star on "Canadian Pickers". (Do people normally double the price of an item they are selling expecting to get 1/2 of what they are asking for it????, come on !!! )

I had my KLX400 on Kijiji for $4400.00...I get an email from a guy, Will You Take $1700 ???...... what are you supposed to say....Sure and if you hurry right over with a cheque I'll deliver the Fu$#ing thing to Vancouver for free.

There seems to be a great deal of confusion over the difference between "for sale" and "garage sale".....

Great example. Now I understand why sellers post things like "Serious inquiries only. Firm. Please no low-ball offers".

Mike
Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:04 AM   #6205
dryden_rider_54
Sun Seeker

Oddometer: 1,774
Quote:

How about $1800 and a bunch of older country LPs? Delivered to me of course.

When pricing you always have to give some wiggle room, it is part of the process......................
dryden_rider_54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:04 AM   #6206
Lappeman
He's Down Again!

Oddometer: 2,194
Quote:

I'll go up to $1850 if you'll deliver it
2003 KLR 650 Alaskan Adventure
2007 YZ250F Blue Death
Lappeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:21 AM   #6207
Hektoglider
One with Life

Oddometer: 2,536
Gotta love it when they have not even seen it and they start jewing you down....I hate selling stuff.

Dryden rider- I like that :"its for sale but not to you, go buy one at the dealer" ha ha
Old 11-29-2012, 09:22 AM   #6208
jimtoe
Dream'n of a Dream

Oddometer: 670
Quote:

$1850 and I buy you your second coffee. Of course you need to deliver the bike and drive me to Tim Hortons and it is a small coffee or no deal.
2001 Kawasaki Super Sherpa "just for fun"
2009 Kawasaki Versys "Nothing but smiles"
jimtoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:58 AM   #6209
FINNDIAN
Mine goes to 11

kijiji is the worst. There must be a lot of people with too much time on their hands just throwing unreasonable offers around.
usually if someone makes me a stupid offer I counter with the same amount over my asking price so we can meet in the middle
Ride Reports
Old 11-29-2012, 11:02 AM   #6210
ZZR_Ron OP
Underground

Oddometer: 8,033
If i remember correctly, you already bought me a quarter bottle of Scotch...guess I'll have to sell you something cheap now! (I have a slightly used blow up doll in the basement)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimtoe View Post
$1850 and I buy you your second coffee. Of course you need to deliver the bike and drive me to Tim Hortons and it is a small coffee or no deal.