Old 01-21-2013, 09:15 AM   #6556
Lappeman
He's Down Again!

Oddometer: 2,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINNDIAN View Post
-30 ride in from camp this morning

Sent from my Droid RAZR using tapatalk 2

Hey FINNDIAN, how does that looonnng track handle on tight trails. Meant more for straight sections and Deep Mountain snows? Do you really notice it compared to a 121 or 136?
2003 KLR 650 Alaskan Adventure
2007 YZ250F Blue Death
Lappeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:25 AM   #6557
FINNDIAN
Mine goes to 11

Oddometer: 1,732
Handles surprisingly well actually. It remind me of the big lug snowcross sleds we used to race. 400 lbs and 160 HP with low gearing. Pretty sweet. Your parts are on their way.

The more side roads you stop to explore, the less likely that life will pass you by. ~Robert Brault. 2004 KTM 950 S GO!!!!(Blacked out),03 Beta Rev3, 1973 Rokon Trailbreaker 2x2, 1999 Intruder 1500, 08 Aprilia rxv450, 90 DRBIG 800,79GS850
Ride Reports
FINNDIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:08 AM   #6558
BackRoader
Heading There Next

Oddometer: 4,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drif10 View Post
I would like to thank our northern brothers for sending us this artic breeze.

It is much appreciated.

Honest.

You can have it back in a couple of weeks, just sent my driveshaft to Bruno for a little magic, so my winter maintenance is on. Hopefully by mid-feb I can get back on the road.

Just sit back and enjoy, we sending another blast...... -47C with the wind this morning.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:01 AM   #6559
Lappeman
He's Down Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINNDIAN View Post
Handles surprisingly well actually. It remind me of the big lug snowcross sleds we used to race. 400 lbs and 160 HP with low gearing. Pretty sweet. Your parts are on their way.

Thanks FINNDIAN!
2007 YZ250F Blue Death
Old 01-21-2013, 11:03 AM   #6560
Lappeman
He's Down Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackRoader View Post
Just sit back and enjoy, we sending another blast...... -47C with the wind this morning.
Minus 30 here this morning not including windchill, supposed to be colder tonight...thanks BackRoader!
2007 YZ250F Blue Death
Old 01-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #6561
JimmieA
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,187
ZZR Ron you in the house. What's the news? or are you in the waiting mode? I suppose think healthy thoughts for the time being! See ya!
2004 Honda XR400R
JimmieA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:15 PM   #6562
Lappeman
He's Down Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drif10 View Post
So we're blaming Backroader for the temps?

I can go with this.

Ya, anything that comes from the west is BackRoader's doing...he likes to send that crap this way and then sit back and laugh! Good guy...sick sense of humour

It's okay BackRoader, when the poles reverse polarity...we'll be sending you the bad weather...aw crap, you'll be in Arizona Supposed to warm up a bit for your arrival here this weekend!
2007 YZ250F Blue Death
Old 01-21-2013, 04:11 PM   #6563
Lappeman
He's Down Again!

Is it just me...(Rant)

Is it just me or does business in Thunder Bay totally suck in service? Is it the same everywhere or just here? I've had dealings with a lot of companies in TBay thru work or for myself and no one seems to have a clue what they are doing!

Phoned a company about getting oil on Monday...no problem. Phone Wed, not here yet but I'm not too worried. It'll be there by Friday...Okay. Friday at 4 pm phone back, not here yet...oh, we can't deliver until Monday. What, you said Friday no later and now I will be out of oil by Sunday. Oh, well can't get there until Monday. Not even a care in the guy's voice. I phone a different company with a long shot, knowing it's too late to get a delivery but I've had it with the other guy. So I end up setting up an account with the new company and phone the other guys back saying don't even bother coming at all. 1 hr later they show up Makes no sense to me but at least I got oil and don't have to jerry can it all weekend. But they're not getting my business again!

A week ago Friday I phone an insulation company in town to get a quote on the garage. No problem he says, I'll call you tonight and set up a date to do it. It's now next Monday!

Last Thursday I phone a company requesting an estimate on a ceiling mounted heater. The guy is away Friday, so I'm told I'll get an estimate today. Today at 5pm I phone to ask if it got done and I'm put thru to the guy who says, You want an estimate now at 5pm? I would've thrown the jerkoff thru a wall if I was there. Same shit again!

Last week I went to the doctors and got some prescritions filled. Dropped them off at the pharmacy at 8:30am and they said it will be ready at 6pm. Go back at 6pm and they give me one of 4 prescriptions (ya, I'm one sick puppy!) I tell them there was 4 on the list. 20 minutes to find the original prescription only to tell me that 2 of them the doctor put 0 quantity and 0 refills on it Well we'll fax the dr they say. What about the 3rd one I ask? Oh, we'll mix that up for you now. Now? Why wasn't it ready when you said?

This goes on and on, everyday! Orders I put in for parts...they'll be here next week. next week comes in 3 to 4 weeks! One order took 3 months cause the guy that picks up stuff didn't have time to pick it up from the postal outlet

I've had good sucess ordering stuff from the states online...hate to do it but I have no luck locally here for 90% of the stuff I need. I would rather buy locally and give these companies a chance but they keep letting me down!

Ya BackRoader...I'm (wining ) and Crown Royaling

On a good note, FINNDIAN in Wawa had my parts and is sending them...should be here this week! Good to know there's some good companies out there...but not here in TBay it seems!!

Rant over...sorry! Back to your regularly scheduled minus 30 waiting for riding season to appear!
2007 YZ250F Blue Death
Old 01-21-2013, 04:22 PM   #6564
ZZR_Ron OP
Underground

Oddometer: 7,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmieA View Post
ZZR Ron you in the house. What's the news? or are you in the waiting mode? I suppose think healthy thoughts for the time being! See ya!
Hoping to get home on the 23rd...home nurse will come in once a day, until I wait for a date in Hamilton to repair my heart valve.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:32 PM   #6565
Lappeman
He's Down Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZR_Ron View Post
Hoping to get home on the 23rd...home nurse will come in once a day, until I wait for a date in Hamilton to repair my heart valve.

Hey Ron, how ya feeling otherwise? Still pretty strong? Hope you haven't lost anymore weight. Should be nice for you to be at home anyway instead of waiting up there!
2007 YZ250F Blue Death
Old 01-21-2013, 05:59 PM   #6566
BackRoader
Heading There Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZR_Ron View Post
Hey Ron, can we bring you and Mrs ZZR a coffee on Sunday...we will by about 11:00 am......
Old 01-21-2013, 06:07 PM   #6567
BackRoader
Heading There Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lappeman View Post
Is it just me or does business in Thunder Bay totally suck in service? Is it the same everywhere or just here? I've had dealings with a lot of companies in TBay thru work or for myself and no one seems to have a clue what they are doing!

Phoned a company about getting oil on Monday...no problem. Phone Wed, not here yet but I'm not too worried. It'll be there by Friday...Okay. Friday at 4 pm phone back, not here yet...oh, we can't deliver until Monday. What, you said Friday no later and now I will be out of oil by Sunday. Oh, well can't get there until Monday. Not even a care in the guy's voice. I phone a different company with a long shot, knowing it's too late to get a delivery but I've had it with the other guy. So I end up setting up an account with the new company and phone the other guys back saying don't even bother coming at all. 1 hr later they show up Makes no sense to me but at least I got oil and don't have to jerry can it all weekend. But they're not getting my business again!

A week ago Friday I phone an insulation company in town to get a quote on the garage. No problem he says, I'll call you tonight and set up a date to do it. It's now next Monday!

Last Thursday I phone a company requesting an estimate on a ceiling mounted heater. The guy is away Friday, so I'm told I'll get an estimate today. Today at 5pm I phone to ask if it got done and I'm put thru to the guy who says, You want an estimate now at 5pm? I would've thrown the jerkoff thru a wall if I was there. Same shit again!

Last week I went to the doctors and got some prescritions filled. Dropped them off at the pharmacy at 8:30am and they said it will be ready at 6pm. Go back at 6pm and they give me one of 4 prescriptions (ya, I'm one sick puppy!) I tell them there was 4 on the list. 20 minutes to find the original prescription only to tell me that 2 of them the doctor put 0 quantity and 0 refills on it Well we'll fax the dr they say. What about the 3rd one I ask? Oh, we'll mix that up for you now. Now? Why wasn't it ready when you said?

This goes on and on, everyday! Orders I put in for parts...they'll be here next week. next week comes in 3 to 4 weeks! One order took 3 months cause the guy that picks up stuff didn't have time to pick it up from the postal outlet

I've had good sucess ordering stuff from the states online...hate to do it but I have no luck locally here for 90% of the stuff I need. I would rather buy locally and give these companies a chance but they keep letting me down!

Ya BackRoader...I'm (wining ) and Crown Royaling

On a good note, FINNDIAN in Wawa had my parts and is sending them...should be here this week! Good to know there's some good companies out there...but not here in TBay it seems!!

Rant over...sorry! Back to your regularly scheduled minus 30 waiting for riding season to appear!
Hey Rob, I feel for ya brother...you are in a captive market, that goes by the JIT rules. (Just In Time). The local retail business is in turn hostage to the suppliers who are all located in MECA (Toronto, the center of the Universe) who know they are controlling the market, supply chain and subsequent distribution...so the long story in short is.... if Thunder Bay wants something they will wait or pay a premium.. then pass it on to the end user...that would be YOU.... (the user getting it in the end )
(It's simple supply and demand)
Sorry Bud, yer fuucked.....
However, thanks to Finndian, who is willing to reach out to his customers...will be rewarded.... good on you Gord!!!
Old 01-21-2013, 06:59 PM   #6568
Lappeman
He's Down Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackRoader View Post
Hey Rob, I feel for ya brother...you are in a captive market, that goes by the JIT rules. (Just In Time). The local retail business is in turn hostage to the suppliers who are all located in MECA (Toronto, the center of the Universe) who know they are controlling the market, supply chain and subsequent distribution...so the long story in short is.... if Thunder Bay wants something they will wait or pay a premium.. then pass it on to the end user...that would be YOU.... (the user getting it in the end )
(It's simple supply and demand)
Sorry Bud, yer fuucked.....
However, thanks to Finndian, who is willing to reach out to his customers...will be rewarded.... good on you Gord!!!
Thanks for the boost of confidence Greg For that, I'll buy you a glass of water this Saturday

Just on a side note, it's supposed to be plus 16c in Denver tomorrow and 20c the next day...compared to minus 26c for highs here! Today got up to minus 29c here! I must be high to live here
2007 YZ250F Blue Death
Old 01-21-2013, 07:03 PM   #6569
BackRoader
Heading There Next

Got to love it!!!!
Old 01-21-2013, 07:15 PM   #6570
Lappeman
He's Down Again!