Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2013, 10:45 AM   #7411
skysailor
Rat Rider

Oddometer: 3,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanabijou View Post
No - didn't try the past couple of years. Too bad though - I think we could have easily broken our record.

FINNDIAN - did that dip just so happen to follow a stint in your sauna by any chance? Or did it follow a healthy dose of tequila or single malt and a dare?

Mike
Or both?
skysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:48 AM   #7412
Nanabijou
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINNDIAN View Post
I believe both scenarios are accurate.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2
O.K. - after the double-whammy that was yours and Skysailor's response - I think I have a clearer picture now. Ha..ha.. I truly laughed out loud at the quick, succession of responses.

Mike
Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #7413
Lappeman
He's Down Again!

Oddometer: 2,133
Quote:
O.K. - after the double-whammy that was yours and Skysailor's response - I think I have a clearer picture now. Ha..ha.. I truly laughed out loud at the quick, succession of responses.

Mike
Quick responses because Northern Ontarians are sticking close by their computers for any small sign that spring may be near...
2003 KLR 650 Alaskan Adventure
2007 YZ250F Blue Death
Lappeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:26 AM   #7414
FINNDIAN
Mine goes to 11

Oddometer: 1,734
Speaking of spring. The sun was actually out for an hour today.
It looks a though the winter's accumulation of snow is almost finally going to melt of my trailer.
Its a real testament to the lack of spring weather that a black trailer with a rounded roof parked out in the open hasn't even melted off.

Sent using a techy gadget from somewhere
The more side roads you stop to explore, the less likely that life will pass you by. ~Robert Brault. 2004 KTM 950 S GO!!!!(Blacked out),03 Beta Rev3, 1973 Rokon Trailbreaker 2x2, 1999 Intruder 1500, 08 Aprilia rxv450, 90 DRBIG 800,79GS850
Ride Reports
FINNDIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:55 PM   #7415
NORTH RIDER
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 726
i'll be going "in" at the icebreaker

I'll be jumping in at hawk lake during the icebreaker.
I'm bringing a bottle of "LIQUID COURAGE " to prepare myself.
i hope to be there Friday night and be in the water (in and out ) before midnight.

north rider
NORTH RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:08 PM   #7416
Lappeman
He's Down Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTH RIDER View Post
I'll be jumping in at hawk lake during the icebreaker.
I'm bringing a bottle of "LIQUID COURAGE " to prepare myself.
i hope to be there Friday night and be in the water (in and out ) before midnight.

north rider

Wow, you got this all planned out already NORTH RIDER...wait till someone shows up with a video cam

I'm still planning to show up but a few things have gotten in my way...so we'll see.

I've got lots of lawn...I mean snow if the Winnipegers need to tent overnight on their way to the gathering!!
2007 YZ250F Blue Death
Old 04-14-2013, 02:09 PM   #7417
Lappeman
He's Down Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckAME View Post
Incoming

Ya, I've been watching that... and you just know it's not rain
2007 YZ250F Blue Death
Old 04-14-2013, 02:57 PM   #7418
bungie4
Frostback

Oddometer: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lappeman View Post
Quick responses because Northern Ontarians are sticking close by their computers for any small sign that spring may be near...
I actually got out to my bikes to get started on some work. It was only +4 but GOD DAMN did that feel good!

Bolted on a skid plate, rack and new seat on the CRF250. Popped the battery in and thumbed the starter. Sprang to life like it was running 5 minutes ago, not Nov 23rd.

No, didn't take it for a ride (still lots of snow between the Quonset and the road).

I didn't even take the covers off the FJR or the CBR2Fitty. When the covers come off those, I'm riding!

Maybe next weekend? Sure hope so, because the first trip of the year is the May 3rd weekend down to WV.

2013 FJR1300, 2004 FJR1300, 2013 CRF250L
I have a job, I explore, I follow every little whiff.
On/Offroad help when you need it - http://www.assistancelist.com
bungie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:15 PM   #7419
Nanabijou
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungie4 View Post
I actually got out to my bikes to get started on some work. It was only +4 but GOD DAMN did that feel good!

Bolted on a skid plate, rack and new seat on the CRF250. Popped the battery in and thumbed the starter. Sprang to life like it was running 5 minutes ago, not Nov 23rd.

No, didn't take it for a ride (still lots of snow between the Quonset and the road).

I didn't even take the covers off the FJR or the CBR2Fitty. When the covers come off those, I'm riding!

Maybe next weekend? Sure hope so, because the first trip of the year is the May 3rd weekend down to WV.
Hey Steve - which bike are you taking to WV? Sounds like fun. Hope the roads are good by then.

Mike
Old 04-14-2013, 08:26 PM   #7420
Nanabijou
Studly Adventurer

Over the past few days I've been working on my bikes in the garage. You can see my "Man Cave" behind the bikes in the photos. Well, actually it's my girlfriend's garage - but she kindly lets me use it. I recently added a Honda Touring Windscreen (from Tyga) to my 2011 CBR125/150R. Here's a link to the screen:

http://tyga-performance.com/site/product_info.php?products_id=2336

Once shipping fees are added - it came to about $130 - so it isn't inexpensive. But I think it looks good on the bike and makes it a little easier to tuck in when facing a strong headwind. I rode it on the highway today in strong winds (Yes - I had my CBR150R out riding) - and I think it does what it's intended to do. It fits over the stock screen and is mounted using the stock mirror fasteners.

The 2011 "Repsol" needs a good washing. I'm surprised by how little the dirt shows up in the photos. The orange accents really "pop" out in these pics.

You can see the side profile here. The touring windscreen is a bit wider and taller than the stock one. It also sports a bit of a "lip" at the top.

Here is a look at the front of both bikes. I think the windscreen looks good on the CBR150R. A nice match for the bike. And the signals on the 125R look much better too. I have another set of signals, so I plan to replace the rear ones as well.

As mentioned, I also installed some 2011 CBR250R/125R front signals on my 2009 CBR125R. These aren't cheap either. Around $50 each. However, I thought they were a big improvement over the tiny aftermarket one's I'd installed - and certainly much nicer looking than the huge bulbous antennae that came with it stock. Unfortunately, the 2011 front signals aren't a direct swap. They barely fit through the opening in the middle cowl where the stock signals pass through. Fortunately, with a little effort and wiggling - they fit. But the threaded part of the 2011 signal will not pass through the forward hole in the attachment plate on the bike (the stock signals that came with the bike fit the large rear hole rather than the forward one). So I had to drill (ream out) the forward hole with several successively larger metal bits. Finally a 3/8" bit was large enough to allow the threaded part of the signal to pass through. At this point - I thought I was almost done. Not quite. I tried to thread a 10mm nut to secure the signal to the plate, but it wouldn't thread properly. After some investigation - it turns out that the signals require 10mm "coarse" nuts. Once I acquired some at my local Honda dealer - everything went smoothly.

Mike
Old 04-14-2013, 08:37 PM   #7421
Lappeman
He's Down Again!

Nice looking bikes Mike! You said you were selling the 09?

At least you can park them outside the garage without them sliding around in the snow...until tomorrow

How's the WR doing...it must be getting pretty pissed with all the attention to the Hondas
2007 YZ250F Blue Death
Old 04-14-2013, 09:10 PM   #7422
Nanabijou
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lappeman View Post
Nice looking bikes Mike! You said you were selling the 09?

At least you can park them outside the garage without them sliding around in the snow...until tomorrow

How's the WR doing...it must be getting pretty pissed with all the attention to the Hondas
Yeah - the 2009 CBR125R is going. But I purchased some farkles for it a while back and thought I'd "do the right thing" and dress it up before it's sold. A friend of mine is planning on buying it. Complete with Rizoma mirrors, Cee Baileys windscreen, new 2011 CBR125R engine, new 2011 front and rear signals, and new Michelin Pilot Sporty tires from the U.K. The bike is in excellent shape. Runs perfectly. I told him he could have it for $1300. He's an electrician and a gearhead who just got his M1 a few days ago. I think he'll take good care of it.

I've done some upgrades on the WR too. Still need to do a few more (install a new rear rack for my Givi E55 Maxia case, and some mods to my Highway Dirtbikes top clamp). I think I'll probably take it to the Icebreaker, as it'll likely ride through snow better than the CBR150R.

Mike
Old 04-15-2013, 04:28 AM   #7423
bungie4
Frostback

Quote:
Hey Steve - which bike are you taking to WV? Sounds like fun. Hope the roads are good by then.
The FJR is getting the nod for this ride. The roads are still covered in crap here, but their calling for a fair bit of rain + double digit temps the next few days. Lets hope they get washed off and the temps stay!

After this trip, the FJR is going to get a good going through and a couple of fixes done (fork seal and Ohlins rebuilt). After that I have some plans. ARC level 2 class in Mississauga in June. Canadian FJR rally in the same weekend. Then Alaska in July for 3 weeks.

Were planning a dual-sport ride sometime in August. Were not sure where yet. Maybe the Mattawa Trail System, or down around the Ganaraska.

Still not sure if I'm keeping or selling the CBR250. I had it for sale for months at the end of last season and couldn't close the deal on any of them. I like the bike a lot, but it completely overlaps the CRF250. At some point soon, I'm going to have to replace the FJR (100,000 miles on it). Maybe I'll just keep the CBR and make that my 'touring' mount. I need to slow down more anyway.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:35 AM   #7424
jimtoe
Dream'n of a Dream

Oddometer: 640
I tried. Just not working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
2001 Kawasaki Super Sherpa "just for fun"
2009 Kawasaki Versys "Nothing but smiles"
jimtoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:25 AM   #7425
bungie4
Frostback

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimtoe View Post
I tried. Just not working.

I'm a programmer and I went lo-tech this past weekend. Crappy tire had styrofoam coolers on a sale a while back. So I spent most of this weekend burning them. Looking at the forecast for the next couple of days around here. It worked.