ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Canada
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2014, 02:34 PM   #10006
Drif10
Accredited Jackass
 
Drif10's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Gates of Moscow
Oddometer: 45,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly99 View Post
__________________
I guess your get up and go needs a coffee. - Drif5
Drif10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:54 PM   #10007
guzzirelic
Gnarly Adventurer
 
guzzirelic's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: near Espanola Ontario Canada
Oddometer: 180
I've still got my '06 DR650 for sale. $3000. Just under 40k. IMS 18L tank. Pro Cycle Saddleman seat mod. Tool tube. Small wind screen. Pro Cycle rear rack and saddlebag guards. New MT21 on the front. Decent Trail Wing will be on the rear if purchased with a safety. Currently in the "low" position but takes 10 minutes to put it back to stock.
Stock tank, Zuki gel seat, Paper shop manual can be worked into the deal.



(Bags in pic not included.)

Relic
__________________
I wonder where this goes...
2006 DR650(for sale); 1989 DR750
1974 MotoGuzzi Eldorado/sidecar outfit
1976 Yamaha DT400C; 1960 Panther M120
1970 Yamaha 100 L5TA Trailmaster
guzzirelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:17 PM   #10008
FINNDIAN
Mine goes to 11
 
FINNDIAN's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Wawa, ont, Canada
Oddometer: 1,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lappeman View Post
All you gotta do is nuke 5 of your posts and you'll get it back
But that would be cheating.
__________________
The more side roads you stop to explore, the less likely that life will pass you by. ~Robert Brault. 2004 KTM 950 S GO!!!!(Blacked out),03 Beta Rev3, 1973 Rokon Trailbreaker 2x2, 1999 Intruder 1500, 08 Aprilia rxv450, 90 DRBIG 800,79GS850
Ride Reports
FINNDIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:54 PM   #10009
BackRoader
Heading There Next
 
BackRoader's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: The Center of Canada, Home of the Arctic Vortex
Oddometer: 4,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINNDIAN View Post
But that would be cheating.
I someone else deleted posts... Who would know????
__________________
2011 BMW R1200GS Triple Black, 1983 Yamaha RZ350, 1978 Yamaha XS650 SE,1967 Honda CD125, 2007 Kawasaki Super Sherpa, 2004 Yamaha BWS, 1980 Honda C70 Cub.
BackRoader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 05:07 AM   #10010
ZZR_Ron OP
Underground
 
ZZR_Ron's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
Oddometer: 7,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryden_rider_54 View Post
Got to be some kind of record, which one did you let go?
The 2005 KLR. I have a 650 BMW, so it was kind of redundant.
__________________
Great minds think alike;small minds seldom differ...
ZZR_Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 05:30 AM   #10011
canuckAME
Studly Adventurer
 
canuckAME's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Thunder Bay Ontario Canada
Oddometer: 685
Just a heads up. The road that goes from just west of Upsala down to Sapawe is closed due to washouts. It's opposite the Graham Road.

With all the rain in the west this week the back road will be in rough shape.
canuckAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:49 AM   #10012
Nanabijou
Studly Adventurer
 
Nanabijou's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
Oddometer: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZR_Ron View Post
The 2005 KLR. I have a 650 BMW, so it was kind of redundant.
Hey Ron - yes - that sounds like a record. Well done. Is any other bike leaving your stable?

Mike
Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:03 AM   #10013
BackRoader
Heading There Next
 
BackRoader's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: The Center of Canada, Home of the Arctic Vortex
Oddometer: 4,557
So have any of you minimalist touring guys checked this one out... I sat on one in the show room the other day..
Talk about retro.. Felt like a taller version of my CD125 with new shocks.




Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
__________________
2011 BMW R1200GS Triple Black, 1983 Yamaha RZ350, 1978 Yamaha XS650 SE,1967 Honda CD125, 2007 Kawasaki Super Sherpa, 2004 Yamaha BWS, 1980 Honda C70 Cub.
BackRoader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:10 AM   #10014
Nanabijou
Studly Adventurer
 
Nanabijou's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
Oddometer: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackRoader View Post
So have any of you minimalist touring guys checked this one out... I sat on one in the show room the other day..
Talk about retro.. Felt like a taller version of my CD125 with new shocks.




Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
No - but I'd love to take one for a spin. A friend was going to buy one a few years ago but changed his mind. The price for the TU250X in Canada ($5299) has always been too high compared to the U.S. ($4399). Apparently, it's a lovely bike to ride. Some have been calling on Suzuki to release a 350-400cc version though.
Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:27 AM   #10015
BackRoader
Heading There Next
 
BackRoader's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: The Center of Canada, Home of the Arctic Vortex
Oddometer: 4,557
That's the catch with most bikes... There is that $700 - $1000 bump to bring that under $7000.00 dollar bike to Canada. It's to bad our market is so small.
__________________
2011 BMW R1200GS Triple Black, 1983 Yamaha RZ350, 1978 Yamaha XS650 SE,1967 Honda CD125, 2007 Kawasaki Super Sherpa, 2004 Yamaha BWS, 1980 Honda C70 Cub.
BackRoader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:00 AM   #10016
Nanabijou
Studly Adventurer
 
Nanabijou's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
Oddometer: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackRoader View Post
That's the catch with most bikes... There is that $700 - $1000 bump to bring that under $7000.00 dollar bike to Canada. It's to bad our market is so small.
That would be fine if it was a $10,000 bike. But $900 more on a $4399 bike, that's over a 20% increase in price. And that price existed even when our dollar was better. If we compare Honda to Suzuki for instance, you can see that Honda has done a better job at keeping prices for small displacement bikes more even between the U.S. and Canada. Granted for a few of these bikes there are Honda discounts currently in place that certainly help out in Canada. Then again - if Honda can do it - so can Suzuki. I tried to stick to bikes similar in displacement.

Honda

2014 Canada CBR500R...MSRP $5999 (CND) (Cheaper in Canada!)
2014 U.S. CBR500R.......MSRP $6299 (U.S.)

2014 Canada Grom........MSRP $3199 (CND)
2014 U.S. Grom............MSRP $3199 (U.S.) (The same price)

2013 Canada CBR250R..MSRP $3499 (CND) (Cheaper in Canada!)
2013 U.S. CBR250R......MSRP $4199 (U.S.)

2013 Canada CRF250L...MSRP $4999 (CND) (The same price)
2013 U.S. CRF250L.......MSRP $4999 (U.S.)

Suzuki

2013 Canada GW250....MSRP $3999 (CND) (The same price)
2013 U.S. GW250........MSRP $3999 (U.S.)

2013 Canada TU250X...MSRP $5299 (CND) (Much cheaper in the U.S.)
2013 U.S. TU250X.......MSRP $4399 (U.S.)

Mike
Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 05:41 AM   #10017
calan818
All squint eyed&confused
 
calan818's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Manitoba, Canada (6 months of snow)
Oddometer: 1,182
Shoulder update.

Well, I went to Doctors this past Week, and things are looking very good! No surgery required! My sling came off 6 days ago, and it was literally a day before that, I noticed the pain had subsided by a good amount. Thursday I went to see the Physiotherapist and will have likely 4-6 weeks of treatment, but she too said things are coming along very well. All good news! The therapist explained more about my injury and gave me more information than any of the three doctors I had gone to see over the previous 2 weeks. All along I thought the collar bone was broken as it still sticks up almost an inch. She said it was a separation of the joint between collar bone and shoulder blade. Ligaments are all stretched to shit, so that is where she comes in, moving my arm, applying heat, as well as ultra sound. I have never been to a Physiotherapist before, but I would highly recommend it!

I have not heard back from Winnipeg Sport and Leisure, where my bike is being inspected for repairs. Initial inspection at Carman Collision was that adjuster felt it would be repaired. Wpg S/L said they would also inspect and make sure there is no damage to the steering head and frame. They were also telling me that a brand new Tenere with electronic suspension was being un-crated next to my damaged bike. D and Me have a trip planned to Colorado in August, so I hope to have everything back in shape by then!

This weekend is going to be my fourth Sunday in a row (my day off on the weekend) where the weather is less than stellar, so I can't say I have been missing riding much as of yet.

Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads out there!
______
calan818 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 06:24 AM   #10018
Lappeman
He's Down Again!
 
Lappeman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Lappe, ON Coldest, wettest place...well not quite!
Oddometer: 2,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by calan818 View Post
Well, I went to Doctors this past Week, and things are looking very good! No surgery required! My sling came off 6 days ago, and it was literally a day before that, I noticed the pain had subsided by a good amount. Thursday I went to see the Physiotherapist and will have likely 4-6 weeks of treatment, but she too said things are coming along very well. All good news! The therapist explained more about my injury and gave me more information than any of the three doctors I had gone to see over the previous 2 weeks. All along I thought the collar bone was broken as it still sticks up almost an inch. She said it was a separation of the joint between collar bone and shoulder blade. Ligaments are all stretched to shit, so that is where she comes in, moving my arm, applying heat, as well as ultra sound. I have never been to a Physiotherapist before, but I would highly recommend it!

I have not heard back from Winnipeg Sport and Leisure, where my bike is being inspected for repairs. Initial inspection at Carman Collision was that adjuster felt it would be repaired. Wpg S/L said they would also inspect and make sure there is no damage to the steering head and frame. They were also telling me that a brand new Tenere with electronic suspension was being un-crated next to my damaged bike. D and Me have a trip planned to Colorado in August, so I hope to have everything back in shape by then!

This weekend is going to be my fourth Sunday in a row (my day off on the weekend) where the weather is less than stellar, so I can't say I have been missing riding much as of yet.

Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads out there!
______
Positive news, that's awesome Carl! Take care!
__________________
Lappeman
Photos http://s891.photobucket.com/profile/Lappeman
Youtube http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB-w...7m3yBQA/videos
2003 KLR 650 Alaskan Adventure
2007 YZ250F Blue Death
Lappeman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 08:04 AM   #10019
jimtoe
Dream'n of a Dream
 
jimtoe's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: The Peg 2 seasons short summer & long winter
Oddometer: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by calan818 View Post
Well, I went to Doctors this past Week, and things are looking very good! No surgery required! My sling came off 6 days ago, and it was literally a day before that, I noticed the pain had subsided by a good amount. Thursday I went to see the Physiotherapist and will have likely 4-6 weeks of treatment, but she too said things are coming along very well. All good news! The therapist explained more about my injury and gave me more information than any of the three doctors I had gone to see over the previous 2 weeks. All along I thought the collar bone was broken as it still sticks up almost an inch. She said it was a separation of the joint between collar bone and shoulder blade. Ligaments are all stretched to shit, so that is where she comes in, moving my arm, applying heat, as well as ultra sound. I have never been to a Physiotherapist before, but I would highly recommend it!



I have not heard back from Winnipeg Sport and Leisure, where my bike is being inspected for repairs. Initial inspection at Carman Collision was that adjuster felt it would be repaired. Wpg S/L said they would also inspect and make sure there is no damage to the steering head and frame. They were also telling me that a brand new Tenere with electronic suspension was being un-crated next to my damaged bike. D and Me have a trip planned to Colorado in August, so I hope to have everything back in shape by then!



This weekend is going to be my fourth Sunday in a row (my day off on the weekend) where the weather is less than stellar, so I can't say I have been missing riding much as of yet.



Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads out there!

______

Great news Carl. You will be back in the saddle soon. Now about this weather. Seems Mother Nature is shafting us working stiffs. Great weather while at work and as you put it less than stellar on days off.
__________________
1967 Honda S65 "Unrestored Driver"
1967 Honda S90 "Resto Project"
1968 Honda 305 Dream "Restored"
2001 Kawasaki Super Sherpa "just for fun"
2009 Kawasaki Versys "Nothing but smiles"
jimtoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 04:54 PM   #10020
dryden_rider_54
Sun Seeker
 
dryden_rider_54's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Just ahead of a flat line.
Oddometer: 1,608
Hope this turns out better than it sounds . Anyone have any detail?

http://m.tbnewswatch.com/view.aspx?cid=344878

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
__________________
Lemon Socialism - Privatize the Profits, Socialize the Losses.
His - 2006 KLR Red, 2010 F800GS 30th Anniversary edition
Hers - 2003 KL250 Super Sherpa Green, 2010 F650GS Biarritz Blue Metallic

Find us on Spot http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...YGllfEZqqxYWcA
dryden_rider_54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014