ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2007, 07:47 PM   #31
mountain eagle
terrorist

Oddometer: 2,882
This place is great! Murg daughter picked up some boots today at the DAG and Hakatan was so nice as to drop by with the battery which will work just fine in the guzzi.............

so.......boots and battery are both in new homes........... thanks guys!
my smugmug gallery
How can it be fun if there's not at least an outside chance of dying?
mountain eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 06:11 AM   #32
EagleFeather
Flyin' High

Oddometer: 2,227
I'm looking for MX gear for my 12yo daughter so she can start learning to ride on the xr100. I just sent Milhaus a PM about the boots that he has, but I am also looking for elbow and knee pads and a chest protector and a dirt helmet. Her street helmet is Shoei size S, so I'm thinking either a youth size L or a adult S or XS would probably work.

thanks,
Eagle

Surf the World
www.couchsurfing.com

Motorcycle Travel Network
www.motorcycle-travel.net

save $5 on your SmugMug subscription - use coupon code RzTdQ4pMyqEuU - www.smugmug.com
EagleFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:02 PM   #33
mountain eagle
terrorist

Oddometer: 2,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by «EagleFeather»
I'm looking for MX gear for my 12yo daughter so she can start learning to ride on the xr100. I just sent Milhaus a PM about the boots that he has, but I am also looking for elbow and knee pads and a chest protector and a dirt helmet. Her street helmet is Shoei size S, so I'm thinking either a youth size L or a adult S or XS would probably work.

thanks,
Eagle
Huh, thought I just replied to this........ anyway I've a MX helmet Small I think....... If we make it to the BBQ I'll try and remember to bring it up..............
my smugmug gallery
How can it be fun if there's not at least an outside chance of dying?
mountain eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 06:28 PM   #34
murgatroid42
Great Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,171
My contributions

I have a pair of Alpinestars Tech 4S (kids model) motocross boots. They are kids size 5. We bought them 4 years ago, and have been used about 10 times. I don't know much about kids sizes, but she was 11 when we first got them. They are in good shape, but Murgadaughter has outgrown them.

Also have a Fly motocross helmet, model FL-606 size Y M Youth. It is DOT and Snell M2000, manufactured 8/2002. We bought it 4 years ago, and it was used less than 10 times. It has some scratches, but the liner and styrofoam are in good shape. Murgadaughter has outgrown it.

These items are in Fort Collins, CO, and are free to good homes. PM me if you want them. Eagle Feather, can you use them??

I really appreciate the boots Mountain Eagle gave to me, so here is something back to the group.

murgatroid42 screwed with this post 07-02-2007 at 09:08 PM
murgatroid42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 08:23 PM   #35
ganshert
not sleeping

Oddometer: 7,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by murgatroid42
I have a pair of Alpinestars Tech 4S (kids model) motorcross boots. They are kids size 5. We bought them 4 years ago, and have been used about 10 times. I don't know much about kids sizes, but she was 11 when we first got them. They are in good shape, but Murgadaughter has outgrown them.

Also have a Fly motocross helmet, model FL-606 size Y M Youth. It is DOT and Snell M2000, manufactured 8/2002. We bought it 4 years ago, and it was used less than 10 times. It has some scratches, but the liner and styrofoam are in good shape. Murgadaughter has outgrown it.

These items are in Fort Collins, CO, and are free to good homes. PM me if you want them. Eagle Feather, can you use them??

I really appreciate the boots Mountain Eagle gave to me, so here is something back to the group.
dibs

Rose and her cousins are going riding!!!
ganshert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 08:25 PM   #36
ganshert
not sleeping

and on that note...

free K&N air filter for an XR650R to anyone that wants it
Old 07-02-2007, 08:40 PM   #37
playzNmud
I love pedal derby

Oddometer: 4,080
dang

so close on the boots... I wear a kid's size !!3!!...

**NO LAUGHING**

Somebody has a sense of humor... gives me this love of sports and pegs to stand on!!!!!

Murgatroid: did you find some elbow pads?? I think I might have some - and they are small...

```_o
`_-\<,_
(_)/_(_)

playzNmud screwed with this post 07-02-2007 at 08:45 PM
playzNmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 08:43 PM   #38
murgatroid42
Great Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganshert
dibs

Rose and her cousins are going riding!!!
OK, you're first in line for these.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:45 PM   #39
murgatroid42
Great Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by playzNmud
...Mergatroid: did you find some elbow pads?? I think I might have some - and they are small...

I'll have to look through my stuff, but I don't think I have any extra elbow pads.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:46 PM   #40
ganshert
not sleeping

Quote:
OK, you're first in line for these.
Ok, so my wife just schooled me in how kids sizes work. Who knew that they go from 1-12 then reset and start over at 1. WTF is that all about.

anyway there isn't anybody in my family that those boots are gonna fit for about 3 years so they should go to somebody that can use them

the helmet will fit Rose's cousin so that will get used
Old 07-02-2007, 08:47 PM   #41
playzNmud
I love pedal derby

Quote:
I'll have to look through my stuff, but I don't think I have any extra elbow pads.
??were you needing some for murgatroid daughter?? I do believe I have some I can pass....

oh.. oops.. as I see now, I misread that -

Eaglefeather: I believe I have some elbow pads if you wish...

```_o
`_-\<,_
(_)/_(_)
Old 07-02-2007, 08:56 PM   #42
murgatroid42
Great Adventurer

Quote:
so close on the boots... I wear a kid's size !!3!!...

OK, Ganshert just said he can't use the boots. If he doesn't change his mind quickly could you use them? They are size 5 kids, so I don't know if they will fit. Do you have boots already?

Murgawife wanted to know why I don't sell them. I explained "pay it forward" (What goes around comes around), and that I just want them to go to someone who will use them. Maybe get someone else involved in this crazy sport, or at least the hooligan racing.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:03 PM   #43
playzNmud
I love pedal derby

Quote:
OK, Ganshert just said he can't use the boots. If he doesn't change his mind quickly could you use them? They are size 5 kids, so I don't know if they will fit. Do you have boots already?

Murgawife wanted to know why I don't sell them. I explained "pay it forward" (What goes around comes around), and that I just want them to go to someone who will use them. Maybe get someone else involved in this crazy sport, or at least the hooligan racing.
Thank you very much, but I do not believe they will fit. I seriously wear a kid's size 3. I have been looking for another pair, but the pair I have will suffice for now. Thank you though....

oh and BTW.. I believe a kid's size 5 is equivalent to an adults 6.5 or there-about

```_o
`_-\<,_
(_)/_(_)
Old 07-03-2007, 05:31 AM   #44
EagleFeather
Flyin' High

Oddometer: 2,227
Quote:

Eaglefeather: I believe I have some elbow pads if you wish...

That would be great - I need some for MiniFeather

Surf the World
www.couchsurfing.com

Motorcycle Travel Network
www.motorcycle-travel.net

save $5 on your SmugMug subscription - use coupon code RzTdQ4pMyqEuU - www.smugmug.com
EagleFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 04:53 PM   #45
Lomax OP
Nanu-Nanu Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,059
Time to bump this back up to the top. I know everyone has some crap, err GOOD stuff laying around and someone else really needs it. I am currently out of the finer free stuff. but WHAT YA GOT?

Oh yea I do have something. Gen-Mar risers for an Aprilia Futura free to a good home. Or even a bad home.

Cheers.
Marc

Lomax is online now   Reply With Quote