User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2007, 05:47 AM   #151
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Oddometer: 3,303
The Magic of the Chiracahua's

It rained all night, we, I say we!... slept late... kept raining and there was not much sense going to Tucson trying to find another place to camp... 80 miles away, I thought, leave early tomorrow morning and have a do nothing day!
Well, the skies cleared up, and actually for the first time I cannot write it all in one Blog!
So this is part one of what end up being a full day...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
BeemerChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 05:49 AM   #152
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,676
The journey in motion continues!! Thanks for the great commentary and pics!! Don't be shy about PM'ing me again to update the title, I'm at your service
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 06:02 AM   #153
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Boy
The journey in motion continues!! Thanks for the great commentary and pics!! Don't be shy about PM'ing me again to update the title, I'm at your service
As usual as you always have been, you are the true gentleman!
We are going... going...
I am truly excited about the West Coast... no that I have never been there... but all those deserts... and DVDaze I know is going to be something else... I have I have enough space on my hard drive for all the pictures!!!... Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
Old 01-13-2007, 09:21 PM   #154
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Part II of the Magic of the Chiricahuas...

A quick overnight in Gila Bend, AZ, and here we are now in Anza Borrego, California! I will spell it for the first time...
A day, or was it two days ago?... returning from the Chiricahuas the sunset was magical... as so was the ride up, all in the Blog.
Feeling always like a kid in a candy store... that is me today... new maps, new roads with the knowledge that I will be here, in this area anyhow, till it starts warming up a bit...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
Old 01-14-2007, 04:51 PM   #155
VIVID1
Ducatistanna

Oddometer: 1,746
That last pizza looks really, really yummy What happened with the deal in Chicago? Anything?

My mom thinks you're cute I showed her my trip pictures today.

XT225 | ST3 | 954RR
VIVID1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 05:30 PM   #156
DawnBreaker
ride earth then mars

Oddometer: 23
Good to see you are still enjoying your ride. I wish I could join you. I dream of the times I am on the road on two wheels.

Wayne
DawnBreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 06:39 PM   #157
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVID1
That last pizza looks really, really yummy What happened with the deal in Chicago? Anything?

My mom thinks you're cute I showed her my trip pictures today.
No word yet... yes, THAT Pizza was very cute... I mean good!
I guess we will leave it at that... remember someone's comment that evening?
And please... pm if you remember...

Wayne... right now in the warmth of your home... I don't know... sounds appealing!!!

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
Old 01-15-2007, 07:41 AM   #158
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Anza Borrego Desert State Park (ABDSP)

Leave some space I always think... with a load like mine the braking effect is just not the same... specially when second in line to a minor fender bender... What was really funny and I wish I had a picture of it, but we had to move along as this happened... We had to wait a while for the accident to be moved. A cop arrives coming the other way... parks and crosses the median by foot...
They are making some space for us to move along... as we leave... he sprints back to his car as I almost run over him, I look... and the brushes under his car are on fire!!! flames are shooting 3 to 4 feet by the time he reaches the other side... myself wondering what he is going to do... he jumps in the car, gutsy move... and drives it forward! Gets his extinguisher and puts the fire out... his car was not burning... yet! Wonder... wonder... I bet he will never throw that cigarette again down when getting out of his car!!!
It was down to 19 degrees last night!... I will not complain, I know I am at about the most southern point there could be and everyone else has to be colder. So you will not hear about it... anymore! Instead I will write my day in the Blog, my first day in this unusual State Park...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
Old 01-15-2007, 09:42 AM   #159
rustynut
Sr. Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Eek fire!!!

Hi Ara, Glad you and Spirit are having a great time. Especially glad that you were behing the wreck. As a word of caution to everyone, I saw a car burn completely in a similar situation recently. It was caused when the catalytic converter sparked the grass fire.

Continue to be well, Ara and Spirit!

Billy
rustynut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 09:42 AM   #160
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkam
G'day Ara.

See you at DVDaze in a few weeks. Looking forward to finally shaking your hand.

Why no Baja? It's a great time of year to be there and the food is pretty good, not much in the way of local markets but still some interesting food to be had. Fresh caught fish made into tacos right before your eyes, a cold cerveza and the beach, what more could you ask for. I'll be headed that way soon.
I was wondering if you where going to be there!
Baja?... yes, it does sound good... very good... I have all Spirit's papers in order and would leave the rig/camper/trailer in San Diego...
We can talk... I coud... we could use some warmth!!!...

Lookng forward... the 26th!!!

Be well... and again thanks for stirring me into this camper!... would have been real real rough otherwise for an old man and his dog!!!

Ara & Spirit
Old 01-15-2007, 09:44 AM   #161
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustynut
Hi Ara, Glad you and Spirit are having a great time. Especially glad that you were behing the wreck. As a word of caution to everyone, I saw a car burn completely in a similar situation recently. It was caused when the catalytic converter sparked the grass fire.

Continue to be well, Ara and Spirit!

Billy
So that's what it was!!!... I just wish I would have had the camera ready then... ot better a video...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
Old 01-15-2007, 11:03 AM   #162
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,623
Just wanted to say HI ARA! Oh yeah, and HI SPIRIT!
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 07:59 AM   #163
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

This is real Desert, a reminder!

I have not been able to settle since I have been here, unlike other places that I have been, I have dug deeper and deeper and very slowly some mental answers are, vaguely I have to say, taking some various shapes. I watched a short movie this morning at the Visitor Center about the Marshall Family that lived here on Ghost Mountain for 15 years... hiking for 14 miles they brought wood piece by piece to built their home... their water came from miles away 12 gallons at the time... They had 3 children and they end up with a divorce in later years. Can we change so much, from one extreme to another? I miss the simpler years... of course I can go back to them as right now nothing prevails but truly the matters of the mind... ABDSP is an enigma to me as I wonder why it has brought up all these questions in my mind? Is it because it is so vast?... so much land with the freedom to live on it anywhere one likes?... the invitation sure is there... I will probably take it after my stay here in the Park... that is what I have been longing for...
I got to ride some of those areas today... much land... and much sand!
The Blog.
Be well...

Ara & Spirit

* Hey Flux!!!... now I am going to say,,, you NEED to ride here also... this is where real skills are needed for two wheel off road riding... Lets start a Tour Business... I cook... you guide!!! Hi Jan... Hi boxes... What boxes!!!

BeemerChef screwed with this post 01-16-2007 at 08:10 AM
Old 01-16-2007, 08:34 AM   #164
Jack Daniel
See Ya At The Swamp

Oddometer: 12,018
Hey Ara and Spirit

I sure am enjoying your Blog

By the time you get out'a the desert you ought to have a plan to make your hack two-wheel drive, huh?

+ And those pizza really look good

I sure wish I could get the hell out'a this office and go for an extended trip; at least being able to keep up with you is better than nothing

The Scrub The Swamp

Jack Daniel screwed with this post 01-16-2007 at 08:53 AM
Jack Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 12:59 PM   #165
Motor31
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,946
Thumb

Ara,

It was great to meet you in Tucson when you were here. Heck of a coincidence being at that Wallyworld. I'm going to have to do ome backtracking on the thread here to see where you strted it from.

Stay warm and stay safe.

DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote