Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2007, 08:40 PM   #181
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Oddometer: 3,277
Another dinner and a ride to Julian, CA.

Even Spirit is getting excited about sunsets, I think!... Or is it because we had company for dinner... This place is starting to feel more and more like home... have to be careful not to get too attached to the land!...

My Blog has been going through some growing pains!... It is called Bandwidth... At first I had to switch, if you remember to texting on SmugMug, then learn a different way to post... and now...
finally my own Website is all ready to go!

For the first time you will be redirected on it... a little cleaner... same everything as they say...
much more Bandwidth!

... and still a Blog! www.theoasisofmysoul.com

Thank you... be well...

Ara & Spirit
BeemerChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 05:38 AM   #182
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

In Lance’s Memory, October 13th 1978 - January 26th 2004

Much thought has gone into writing and publishing what follows.
No ride report today... No pictures of Spirit playing or sunrise or sunset.
I did seek advice, not wanting to be out of context, I hope the moderators will understand. This is a Lifelong Journey on the Road that I have embraced and write about, and as some very good friends of mine wrote to me... “you have been an open book, we all have within ourselves many layers of us, he is part of your Journey, part of your everyday life, there is nothing wrong by dedicating this day to Lance...”.
I also know that he will like it, he will be thrilled for all of you to get to know him a bit... because he also was my friend, my buddy... and would have been yours also.

Sincerely, “Thank You” for reading this...

Ara

BeemerChef screwed with this post 01-26-2007 at 06:00 AM
Old 01-26-2007, 07:04 AM   #183
twintwin
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 630
God bless Lance & his Dad

Thanks Ara for sharing with us your intimate thoughts about your Son. Knowing the dad (you), Lance must have been an exceptional young man, whose life was taken away to early by these crazy cancer. Keep up living your wonderful journey in memories of him, he would be very proud of you. The way you share you passion through your website is amazing and I wish that one day I would be part, for a couple hours or days, of this incredible Adventure.
Didier
twintwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 07:11 AM   #184
Juice Box
Got Ink?

Oddometer: 2,839
Ara

After reading your tribulations, the petty things that lay heavy on my heart no longer seem significant. You are a good man, a free spirit and an inspiration to those that surround you. Your written words warm the heart and touch the soul. When I read your words, I can share your pleasures, feel your excitement and experience your sorrows. Just remember that Life is a journey that ends only with your death. I am very proud to call you my friend and I anticipate the day that our paths cross once again.

Godspeed Lance

www.dualsportridersoflouisiana.com
Juice Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 08:47 AM   #185
Irish1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 490
Thank you for sharing your love for your son Lance. We're blessed by sharing the antic, funny, sublime, and poignant lives of our families. And sometimes we're touched with kinds of light by people we don't know who just carry energy around with them, who don't project bitterness or anger, but just live in the world with openness. You could still open a restaurant named Father and Son, and your son would be there with you: spirit and memory. Thanks for sharing your journey with us.
Irish1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 03:54 PM   #186
MGB
ex. BmwDuc

Oddometer: 1,855
Ara,

While I can't relate directly to a parent losing a child, I can empathize having lost my sister to a rare form of cancer. My parents are still at a loss in trying to deal with it 10 years later. Yes, we all go on, but when you see her kids heading off to high school and college, well, it's hard to describe knowing she would want so much to be a part of it all.

Whenever I'm having an issue with day to day life, I just think of my sister and realize how lucky I am for so many reasons.

If you're ever in VA and need a place to stay for a while, I've got a camp in the central VA mountains and it's yours. Dogs welcome.

All my best,

Marc
Old 01-26-2007, 03:57 PM   #187
ST4Fun
Proud to be an Infidel

Oddometer: 98
Thank you for that Ara...I wish you, Spirt and Lance, an incredable journey together.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:36 PM   #188
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Last ride in ABDSP

I wanted to show you before I left where all this was being written from!... a few “regulars” are also around, about one mile apart... We visit each other once in a while! I did not realize till today that I have been here exactly 2 weeks!... A couple more great rides today and we are packing to take off, headed North to Mojave Preserve...
Mostly BLM lands... there will be much to see, ride on hard packed roads... I hope!
You be well... and many “thanks” for all your support which I received yesterday...
Your company is most appreciated...

Ara & Spirit
Old 01-29-2007, 06:21 AM   #189
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

En route to Mojave Preserve, CA.

On to Mojave Preserve, CA.

I have to say, I think, still a bit unclear... as that person could not speak up in a forward manner... that my sunsets were...?... or?

“Quote”
Hi Ara,
Author Terry Pratchett writes of the Discworld where magic works
and Twoflower (Discworld's first tourist) is pointing his camera at yet
another sunset when the hatch on the camera top opens and a
paintbrush-wielding Imp sticks his head out to yell:-
"Enough with the sunsets! I'm running out of vermilion! "
Fred Hill, S'toon.

Maybe TV reruns would be more suitable?... I am so confused...
Sunsets... sunrises... moonsets (is there such a word?...)... moonrises... yes? are a spiritual time which culminates a day’s time period... a ritual... a “bravo”... none, I repeat none... unlike TV reruns, are alike...
So here is another one!...

Culture shock today... sensory perceptions overloaded... I-10 Southern California, should I say more... find out!

Tomorrow, back in the wilderness...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
Old 01-29-2007, 06:32 AM   #190
Jack Daniel
See Ya At The Swamp

Oddometer: 11,999
Nice Pic Ara

It almost looks like a fire and smoke

Awesome

The Scrub The Swamp
Jack Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:07 AM   #191
Ricardo Kuhn
a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave

Oddometer: 12,219
Ara if you find you way into san francisco before march (I need to move out of it by then) i have a pretty nice place for you to stay , full of tools, space and a pair of very willing hands ready to help..

In my eyes You give the "No matter were you go , there you are" a whole new perspective that have proven to be really helpful on my own dificult jorney and I will like to support you as much a possible since I think and feel many of us suffer from similar tribulations and you are becoming a inspiration and a catalist for many..
Old 01-29-2007, 05:37 PM   #192
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Thanks Mr Suave...

Sometimes we look but do not see... I have been on the same path off and on... Society throws us so many daily darts that suddenly we cannot see anymore... I think I see and feel a lot now... I receive very warm E mails adn very meaningfull ones... I always think
"my wheelies are in my Soul...".
You should be were I am right now... at the camp at Mitchell Caverns! Amazingly BroadBand card is working... a bit slow... but I have time!
I will let you know when in SF!... quite a city!
Be well... and thanks for writing.

Ara & Spirit...
Old 01-29-2007, 09:53 PM   #193
Jawdropper
Ca y'est, On y go!

Oddometer: 108
I've been through there! Just not on two wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerChef

Out of Borrego Springs this am... into the camping spot I was checking out yesterday... time to put everything to test... and even managed to take a little ride toward Salton Sea... A beautiful HOT day, not a good one for pictures as the haze was real thick, still managed to save some for your viewing on the Blog...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
What a great report. Last I was there it was in a jeep and it was plenty hard...Heart Attack Hill and an amazing long sand hill...took 10 attempts to make it. The wash sucked though.

This spring I'm there, this time with the bike and intact brake lines (scary moment)

Thanks for the great photos
Jawdropper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:45 AM   #194
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Another Wonder!... Mojave Preserve, CA.

I am speechless having arrived at the Mitchell Caverns! It is like the thoughts in my mind are going 100 miles per hour, overloaded... and I am thinking... how am I going to ever describe this!
Earlier I explored some of the BLM lands, the trails... the hard packed trails!... with a big smile...
This is where I could use an Internet Dish!... Some connection, but very weak... I will have to ride 50 to 60 miles and spend a few hours sending out all this... will be well worth the wait!
I already know that this is where I will spend many weeks... at least a few!
Again, the pictures are not going to do justice... this is above anything I have ever seen and experienced!... wish you could all be here... I would have loved to see the expression on your faces!
Enjoy...

Ara & Spirit
Old 01-31-2007, 01:41 PM   #195
Jack Daniel
See Ya At The Swamp

Oddometer: 11,999
WOW Ara!

The pic above of your rig overlooking that huge plain is awesome

What a view of the valley

Is this your first trip to CA?

The Scrub The Swamp