User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2007, 08:07 AM   #211
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Oddometer: 3,277
Life as it should be...

Today was a great day, peaceful and joyful. I have been receiving quite a few e mails from readers that have been enjoying the Journey, and as I was deep in thoughts about my days here, timing could not have been any better receiving an e mail from a good friend of mine, a kind man, and at the same time, quite a sidecar fabricator, Claude Stanley. His words are words to be read everyday as, his own purpose in life is to also spread joy and happiness amongst us... that is just the way he is!
I want to share this e mail with you all... I know it will make you think about your own life, regardless where you are and regardless what you are doing.
We then took a ride through the Park, a bit of blue skies today... it is all in the Blog...
Sit back and enjoy... and just think how fortunate I am to have a friend like Claude!
Be well...

Ara and Spirit

BeemerChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 04:50 PM   #212
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Where was Plan B?

Ah! A lesson learned... a few maybe... we literally spend the whole day from here to there without
the conclusion that should have materialized... Poor Spirit, quietly put up with it... I was disappointed of the outcome... you can read this great day on the Blog...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

Old 02-14-2007, 06:53 PM   #213
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

From the Hole in the Wall to Lake Havasu...

Retreat has become a habit these past couple of days!... What was I thinking trying to camp at the Hole in the Wall in the Mojave Desert without checking the forecast first!
Mid 20's at night, wind blowing at 40mph, hail... and I should really change the spelling of that word...
We are now south of Lake Havasu City... nice BLM land... there is something to be said about BLM land! We did the full circle... in pictures on the Blog.

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

Old 02-16-2007, 09:27 AM   #214
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

A Day in Town...

A Day in Town...

That is Lake Havasu City... nice town... Dogie Bakery... motorcycle shops... drivers are not crazy as other parts of the country... all and all... pretty mellow I have to say!
The Fireworks Convention starts tonight... the best of the best for two nights!
My friend Jkam is coming to visit for a couple days... he was very instrumental in my preparations for this Journey. We have never met... quite some exciting times ahead.
Yesterday is gone... but still remains in the Blog...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
Old 02-16-2007, 09:49 AM   #215
Aussie_Gringo
The anti-septic

Oddometer: 7,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerChef

A Day in Town...

That is Lake Havasu City... nice town... Dogie Bakery... motorcycle shops... drivers are not crazy as other parts of the country... all and all... pretty mellow I have to say!
The Fireworks Convention starts tonight... the best of the best for two nights!
My friend Jkam is coming to visit for a couple days... he was very instrumental in my preparations for this Journey. We have never met... quite some exciting times ahead.
Yesterday is gone... but still remains in the Blog...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
Outstanding photos! This one should be front page! Truly great stuff and thanks for bringing us along!

Aussie_Gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 07:06 AM   #216
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Thanks GSAdventura... cool mixing of names for the handle by the way...
JKam is here... you know I am still on the tent list... the only mobilone I think!
We are having a great time... good food + Fireworks Convention 11 miles from here... great show... come and join us!

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
Old 02-17-2007, 07:09 AM   #217
Vance
Banned

Oddometer: 18,253
Popcorn smiley. :-)
Vance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 08:08 AM   #218
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance
Popcorn smiley. :-)
Hey Vance... WE say HI!!!...

You could have been part of the first "Homeless Rally"... but you are not!

Be well... from the three of us...

JKam + Ara + Spirit
Old 02-18-2007, 07:55 AM   #219
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

A Homeless gathering...

A Homeless gathering...

It has been a great time having JKam over, we are small numbers but... we did call it a Homeless Riders Get Together!... Wondering how many more are out there with no ties to any walls and their live’s possession’s at hand! JKam is on a Journey as I am, with a deeper Soul than most, the contrast of being unattached to material possessions makes us dig in deeper into the true essence of life.
We have been lounging around for a couple days now!... Spirit has a new friend, we have shared some great food and many conversations...
Sunrises and Sunsets have been our clock, some great Fireworks seen happening in town... as I have written and pasted the pictures of these couple days in the Blog!

You be well...

Ara & Spirit

Old 02-18-2007, 09:00 AM   #220
mike54
You don't get me

Oddometer: 13,054
A hot dog stand Ara!? There used to be a guy with a stand across from my office. He went by the name Mutt and I would eat lunch there too many times per week. I did like his hot dogs and he had the best toppings. My favorite was the onions cooked in tomato paste and other things. Yum. But the real reason I used to have lunch there was because of Mutt. He had a JKam way of looking at things and always had an interesting comment for the day. Mutt liked owning the hot dog stand because it was low stress and he didn't have to worry about employees. He's moved his stand so I don't get to see him now. That's the way things go. I hadn't thought of him in a while - so thanks for reminding me of him Ara.

Do stand up guys lie?
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 09:09 AM   #221
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike54
A hot dog stand Ara!? There used to be a guy with a stand across from my office. He went by the name Mutt and I would eat lunch there too many times per week. I did like his hot dogs and he had the best toppings. My favorite was the onions cooked in tomato paste and other things. Yum. But the real reason I used to have lunch there was because of Mutt. He had a JKam way of looking at things and always had an interesting comment for the day. Mutt liked owning the hot dog stand because it was low stress and he didn't have to worry about employees. He's moved his stand so I don't get to see him now. That's the way things go. I hadn't thought of him in a while - so thanks for reminding me of him Ara.
hi Mike!... It really blew me away when she told me how much "one" stand makes a year... of course one has to hire someone and trust them as much is cash... well, all really... but with a close inventory control that is easy to set up it should not be a problem... YES... I had one!... me who really dislike Hot Dogs... and it was good!!! She owns 4 of them...
How is the weather up near Sacramento?... I am ready to start heading north... I would like to go to Death Valley, but all the BLM lands are at high altitude... cold most likely... too many rules about generators and so on...
Be well... Ara & Spirit
Old 02-19-2007, 08:25 AM   #222
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkam
Good to finally meet you Ara.

Thanks for feeding me such wonderful fare.

We will have another Homeless Gathering and hopefully more will attend.

Safe travels.
Hey Jay, glad to read your post which means you made it...
You left on time!... Heavy storm today!... imagine that!... will be indoor all day...

Talk to you soon...

Ara & Spirit
Old 02-21-2007, 06:21 AM   #223
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Historic Rt 66 to Oatman... AZ.

Historic Rt66 to Oatman, AZ.

Our last day here, south of Lake Havasu City... it has been a fine and quiet time, a great place to set up camp, besides a few disrespectful dirt riders not slowing down creating waves of dust!
The town has been convenient to get supplies... I did not want to miss the chance to ride Historic 66 to Oatman... First however we rode south on spur 95 making a long loop... thousands of trailers and RV’s that way... sand dunes... and some pictures on the Blog.

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
Old 02-21-2007, 08:22 AM   #224
Motor31
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,941
Great stuff on the blog Ara!! Keep it coming!!!!!!!!

DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 01:38 PM   #225
rockn6gs
S^2C

Oddometer: 460
Damn what a meal ARA !! I Hope you had a pleasant stay and I think Spirit enjoyed himself.. Like I said the extension cord will be out just give a call ya know were to park.
rockn6gs is offline   Reply With Quote