Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2008, 09:55 AM   #751
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Oddometer: 3,284
The Oasis of my Soul...

Bad weather is here… Utah.
Suddenly outdoor activities are a bit curtailed. We have been so fortunate throughout all this time to not really having bad weather which would hold us back from the road. But here it is… Still, not getting to adventurous, we managed to ride a bit of Hole in the Rock Road where we did not even make it to Devil’s Garden… The washboard situation almost becomes a nightmare… fast or slow the fear comes up that something is definitely going to break! Slow turns out to be a better solution and then we have a bit of engine overheat.
Will be going back to Moab in a couple days to meet a Friend which we have never met… Hope that makes sense… the wonders of the Internet! All should be cleared up by then and I think even Spirit will be ready… he is always ready!
Some dark clouds… followed by a downpour all night… That is what we got!
Be well… Ara & Spirit
BeemerChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 07:50 PM   #752
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,380
Thread title updated... let's see what you've been up to!
Old 07-26-2008, 05:48 AM   #753
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

The Oasis of my Soul...

A visit in Moab with my Friend Paul, Utah

The heat, the humidity and jungle like bugs made our stay in Moab a difficult experience for the both of us. We talked much, cooked much and saw a few sights including getting ourselves up to some cooler elevations doing the loop through La Salle mountains. I would however, difficult or not, do it again as I took away with me some valuable perspective about my own insight regarding how to deal with Life within these times where the heart will never be complete but the mind and spirit needs to go on. It is as a new chapter has made its way into my days, a challenge that needs to be won…
A couple Blogs actually have been posted since I have written here as time did not allow it.
You be well… till next time, enjoy.
Ara & Spirit
Old 07-28-2008, 03:15 PM   #754
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

The Oasis of my Soul...

A familiar face and a bit of Bryce Canyon, Utah

Always nice to see a familiar face specially when one cannot remember when was the last time… It seems that it was Naples, Florida, while cooking a special dinner for some Friends we have in common. On his own Journey from Canada, Louis and a couple of his riding Friends stopped by overnight… for an evening of true comedy, laughter and a local dinner.
Awaiting for another Friend from Louisiana this time we could not go too far. Bryce Canyon was the perfect place to spend a day riding and taking pictures before the daily monsoon arrived. Of course we barely got wet as usual, just a nice needed cooling off.
It truly felt more being in Europe while in the Park, it is an amazing feeling not to hear English being spoken anymore!
Enjoy the pictures and a bit of Geology…
Be well… Ara & Spirit
Old 07-28-2008, 03:28 PM   #755
NomadRip
Always a n00b

Oddometer: 3,364
Your photography keeps getting better...

Click to save $5 when you sign up for a SmugMug account! Or sign up with this coupon code: QzxDJzcJstR4A
NomadRip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:13 AM   #756
100mpg
This sentance intent

Oddometer: 16,623
Two years!!!

Congrats on the two year mark.
It does look like like I will be able to hit the road for my usual Sept. vacation, but ya never know.
So, tell me, does it seem like a long weekend so far or does it seem like it is time to get off the road?
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). DSI #694
100mpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 02:43 AM   #757
Mileater
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 379
Thumb Congratulations!

Hi Ara and Spirit. Please add my congrats to those already expressed for making your second anniversary on the road - outstanding!

Also, as said by others... those photos just keep getting better and better... hard to imagine after all those beautiful images that have graced this thread.

I'll raise a glass for you in anticipation of the next anniversary

Cheers,
Allan
Old 07-29-2008, 03:08 AM   #758
pahunter
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Ara Way to go an the 2 years.It has been ask before, but what camera do you use? Ride Safe Doug
pahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:30 AM   #759
M1tch
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 327
Add my congratulations on 2 years on the road. wonderful photos and blog. keep on rolling.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:44 PM   #760
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

The Oasis of my Soul...

What do you mean getting off the road... we have barely started! Seems as it is only friday night and monday is such a long way away... We do need to slow down a bit, the budget has changed and as long as an area has much to offer and a job for a couple days a week, we will be fine... That is if I can keep a job! After 40 years in the kitchen even flipping burgers did not quite go over very well... Management insecurity!!! If I can let someone believe that I have only been cooking for 5 years I think it will be much better... the pay... 3 peanuts... is the same anyhow!
The camera is a Canon 30D with a 17~85mm IS lens and very little post processing with GIMP 2.4. Much patience... much being at the right place at the right time!...
Thank you all... and this was yesterday Spirit being abused!!!... while on our way to a new, fo us, Slot Canyon on Burr Trail. A road we will do at least a few more times!

You be well... always.
Ara & Spirit
Old 07-30-2008, 05:55 PM   #761
Johnny Drunkard
Raggamuffin

Oddometer: 6,532
Johnny Drunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 11:00 AM   #762
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

The Oasis of my Soul...

On the road to “Cedar Breaks”, Utah…
Some feel good at home, in an “established” environment… walls… windows and doors. More and more I feel as my “home” is the road and its shoulders. We cannot forget the shoulders! They are meeting points, they are as sightseeing platforms for the multitude of personalities and vehicles going by. A shoulder is where I met Joe rollerblading across the country, also Joff on his penny-farthing around the world, bicyclists, walkers… you name it. The shoulders have been where names and e mail addresses have been exchanged, hands shaken. They are the spots where Spirit makes himself comfortable, drinks his water and does his thing! Sometimes we will even meet a reader and surprise them… sometimes another rider with a flat and even as a few days ago the Goldwing riders all set up for lunch with table and all! You add a beautiful road as the one we took passing by Lake Penguitch to Cedar break and that about sums it up… The roads are “Home”!
Be well… Ara & Spirit
Old 08-02-2008, 11:42 AM   #763
Jack Daniel
See Ya At The Swamp

Oddometer: 12,004
WOW Ara

It's great to seee that you and Spirit are still doing just fine

I haven't been to Cedar Breaks since I was a kid hunting with my father

It's hard to describe Utah to somebody that's never been

Be sure and get with me on your way back to Naples...

OK?

The Scrub The Swamp
Jack Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:13 PM   #764
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

The Oasis of my Soul...

More of Cedar Breaks, Utah…
The longer we are on the road, the more I want to go back to older technology. Honestly. I have been on WI FI lately and today trying out my normal connection through the Dish as we will use this winter when headed south to more… Desert, well, it is slow compared. I have been spoiled… All has changed so much it seems like. I would even settle for a couple horses and a buggy if needed. But those are dreams, I think.
The cause of it might be all the sights we are seeing lately, specially Cedar Breaks… such beauty in such an unexpected place which suddenly is there with no warning as was the Grand Canyon and many other wonders.
We also went to our first Farmer’s Market the other day… not much available yet and… expensive! What are they thinking I wonder… but we bought a couple things and the ride sure was nice in this cool early morning and a sky guiding us with the sun rays.
Some colorful times!
Be well… Ara & Spirit
Old 08-07-2008, 07:28 AM   #765
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

The Oasis of my Soul...

More Friends visiting, Utah…
Even for those that have seen Utah, this area astonishes them with its incredibly vast spaces and raw beauty. I am even myself starting to feel isolated from the rest of the country when trying to ride roads we have yet to be on. There are just so many and when Friends visit, it is always such a big choice. Burr Trail has become a Classic in my book and every time we leave I am already thinking about coming back. I am glad that they left yesterday as suddenly the weather has changed and I learned from other travelers that the roads I took them on already had knee high water from flash floods.
Thinking about slowly heading south. The food situation here is pathetic… One store, which has truly nothing! Not even a decent potato! I wonder what the locals do? I was going to ask the owner, but then again what for!
Spirit even is into his down time. I don’t like it as he needs the exercise, as I myself do. Maybe a couple more days and all will clear up. Glad to have taken this ride, now a memory on the Blog.
Be well… Ara & Spirit