Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2008, 07:36 PM   #766
TwoShots
Vagabond

Oddometer: 1,448
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerChef
The food situation here is pathetic… One store, which has truly nothing! Not even a decent potato! I wonder what the locals do? I was going to ask the owner, but then again what for!
I asked one day. Once a month or so they travel a couple hours to Cedar City WalMart and buy bulk.
TwoShots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 07:45 PM   #767
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Oddometer: 3,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoShots
I asked one day. Once a month or so they travel a couple hours to Cedar City WalMart and buy bulk.
Two Shots's addiction level... +++++ high!!! (profile... )
I am sure that is what they do... Actually the big truck arrives every tuesday and as I understand the whole town is there buying even before produce goes on the shelf!!! I guess I have to leave tuesday noon open!!! Maybe camp out under their porch...
Can I come over sometime to change my sidecar tire? Have all the tools... Your call...
Be well... Ara & Spirit

PS: Did you say Walmart?... I am starting my list!!!
BeemerChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:47 PM   #768
ywr969
Ye Wilde Ryder

Oddometer: 658
Thumb

BC -- great photos. love your work.
as far as your local food situation goes...
i have no idea why it's so bad. we were in gonzaga bay, baja, & had wonderful food.
if you've ever been there, you'll know how truly rugged & remote gonzaga bay is.
on our way out (south, past coco's), we saw an inbound semi delivering goods, traveling about 2mph over that rugged road.

2005 Husqvarna TE-510
"What we do in life echoes in eternity."
ywr969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:00 PM   #769
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ywr969
BC -- great photos. love your work.
as far as your local food situation goes...
i have no idea why it's so bad. we were in gonzaga bay, baja, & had wonderful food.
if you've ever been there, you'll know how truly rugged & remote gonzaga bay is.
on our way out (south, past coco's), we saw an inbound semi delivering goods, traveling about 2mph over that rugged road.
It is just the store owners... it is a shame as they could do real well with also a deli as all the tourists stop there but there is nothing to buy. As an example there is a Deli in Torey that is really great... and does very well...
No biggie... part of the adventure as we are going south soon...
Thanks and be well...
Ara & Spirit
Old 08-07-2008, 11:13 PM   #770
NomadRip
Always a n00b

Oddometer: 3,366
Ara, we just arrived in ft. Lauderdale. Driving through Naples reminded us of you. We are looking forward to getting our spirit t-shirts! Glad we grabbed some while you still had some left!

Save 20% when you sign up to the best photo hosting site around: SmugMug!
NomadRip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 04:50 PM   #771
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadRip
Ara, we just arrived in ft. Lauderdale. Driving through Naples reminded us of you. We are looking forward to getting our spirit t-shirts! Glad we grabbed some while you still had some left!
Ah! Naples... was there any money laying on the road???
T shirts and other merchandise will always be for sale, but through SmugMug... much easier while traveling... Thanks!

Calf Creek hike, Utah
We have been camped out at the same spot for a while now. Considering there are so many destinations within a few hundred miles with the ability to travel lightly, the past few weeks have been great. But southern heat or not, untraveled roads, it is time to move on and bite into deeply the adventures and new horizons waiting for us. The feeling for so many taking roots I know is always a comfort, it only works the other way for us. How strange, moving on is comfortable. Always curious what is over the next Mountain, the end of that road facing us, the other side of the curve we cannot quite see from here.
The weather pattern has always been fine in the mornings and severely dark by afternoon. We both finally got soaked yesterday from the rain and the hail riding back from the 6 mile hike to the Lower Falls of Calf Creek. Too lazy to put on the rain pants!
Live and learn. Enjoy the hike…
Be well… Ara & Spirit
Old 08-11-2008, 10:47 AM   #772
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

The Oasis of my Soul...

Will this makes us Texans and Big Benders???
In a month or so from now we will be camping on “The Oasis of my Soul”… You will have to read the Blog to find out how all this has come about. It will be our winter own slice of Heaven, 25 miles north of Big Bend on some away from the road 10 acres of pristine land made of hard limestone with an all weather accessible road. It will be yours also to be shared for anyone wanting to camp or a comfy bed, good food and conversations around a campfire. It will be another facet of the Journey with much emphasize on developing some Photographic skills to try to make something out of it… amongst thousands of other great Photographers!… Hand in hand with the Blog with much more riding throughout the country the rest of the year, these thoughts and dreams becoming reality have me going with renewed energy. Hope to see you there sometime experiencing as we have done in the past and will in the near future the astonishing vast open spaces of the Big Bend area.
Be well… Ara & Spirit
Old 08-14-2008, 06:27 AM   #773
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

The Oasis of my Soul..

The intimate Devil’s Garden… Escalante/Utah
If you like to play amongst the Hoodos and the Goblins this is your playground! A nice washboard road to get there, early morning will make you the star witness of the change of colors on those free standing weathered by time rock structures. Hiking the easy loop over and over is like every time hiking it for the first time as the sun rising is constantly changing the scenes on this stage empty of visitors. We were lucky with the weather that day, a weather a bit crazy mixed with unpredictable rains and sunshine constantly switching with no warnings.
We are headed south tomorrow morning, its time and as every space we get attached to, it is with regrets and excitement all at the same time. This is one area we will return to fill in the blanks, I hope, in the meantime the thrill of seeing Zion is ahead of us and the golden key awaits for us in Big Bend.
The Hoodos and the Goblins! Some pretty cool characters
Be well… Ara & Spirit
Old 08-14-2008, 12:23 PM   #774
100mpg
This sentance intent

Oddometer: 17,007
Polished by Mother Nature? An AMAZING picture once again...

Quote:

Be well… Ara & Spirit
Are you saying you bought a piece of land?
Quote:
In a month or so from now we will be camping on “The Oasis of my Soul”… You will have to read the Blog to find out how all this has come about. It will be our winter own slice of Heaven, 25 miles north of Big Bend on some away from the road 10 acres of pristine land made of hard limestone with an all weather accessible road.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). DSI #694
100mpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 12:56 PM   #775
Louis
Been off road... on a K12

Oddometer: 170
Quote:

A familiar face and a bit of Bryce Canyon, Utah

Always nice to see a familiar face specially when one cannot remember when was the last time… It seems that it was Naples, Florida, while cooking a special dinner for some Friends we have in common. On his own Journey from Canada, Louis and a couple of his riding Friends stopped by overnight… for an evening of true comedy, laughter and a local dinner.
Be well… Ara & Spirit
Better late th....
We had an excellent time seeing you again bud.
Your pix are always spectacular!

Keep it up !

Last summer's long ride to the Rockies

There's never enough time to do it right... But there's always enough time to do it over !!

This is only a good thing when applied to riding... or sex!
Louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:02 AM   #776
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

The Oasis of my Soul...

It is 108 degrees in Zion, Utah.
As if the coin has flipped, all changed when arriving here in Zion. From a couple cars a day to mega shuttles trailering other shuttles and a lack of parking spaces within miles, from just a few hikers and intimate conversations to an exodus of tourists stomping the grounds with a thousand feet, from the crisp cool air of Escalante to an over bearing and weight heavy immobile hot air… All this has thrown me off only making me think how can I escape it all. I can’t. Just a phase we have to go through needing to eventually go to St George next week or so, visits that need to be done before diving back into the Texas deserts soon again. Eye exam, dentist, clothing and who knows what else!
I had a few photos left from Devil’s Garden that are now up on the Blog, a couple comments from readers that I wanted to post and overall just trying to keep it together and not be overwhelmed by these sudden changes!
As they say, all things must pass… this will too… They are a couple out of the way areas we will spend some time at.
Be well… Ara & Spirit
Old 08-17-2008, 09:16 AM   #777
MaddBrit
Now officially a Yank.

Oddometer: 23,582
Hi Ara and Spirit

I have just spent an hour getting up to date on your wonderful thread, and as others have said your photography is getting better and better!

Utah is simply breathtaking for sure. Thanks for sharing your journey with us all on ADvrider.

I hope to see you on the road.

Be safe.

MB
Old 08-19-2008, 03:25 PM   #778
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

The Oasis of my Soul..

Hey MaddBrit... come and see us in Texas this winter!

Some World Wide Traveler Friends… Zion, Utah.
Finally after months of e mails with Alain and his wife Chris, we met in Zion! That is just how it goes. Planning on the road does not work very well and is an accepted fact among us. We actually meet more Travelers we had not planned to than if we did. They are from the south of France, near by where I was born and I can still remember having his accent! I cannot describe it… it is too unique. 4 months of the road now in the USA, on their way to Mexico, South America and finally Asia. They only have two years, as we do they would like to spend more time in one place, but two years is such a short time for their route.
We parted this morning, we have a standing invitation in the South of France… I hope some day I can manage to take Spirit to Europe maybe.
We ourselves are now north of St George and will start some rides with my Friend Michael and also that “good stuff” such as eye exam and Dr’s in the big City.
Enjoy the Blog… and be well.
Ara & Spirit
Old 08-19-2008, 05:56 PM   #779
VIVID1
Ducatistanna

Oddometer: 1,747
Great news about Texas, I can't wait to hear the whole story

Well, our 6 week ride is over. We got as far west as Moab, UT but we didn't have much time to spare.

XT225 | ST3 | 954RR
VIVID1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 06:43 PM   #780
NomadRip
Always a n00b

Oddometer: 3,366
Hey Spirit, tell Ara thanks for sending the shirts! Maria and I love 'em!

Save 20% when you sign up to the best photo hosting site around: SmugMug!
NomadRip is offline   Reply With Quote