Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2008, 08:15 PM   #811
NomadRip
Always a n00b

Oddometer: 3,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog
Hey, I recognize that garage door!

And I'm still waiting for you to tell me what kind of green coffee beans to buy.
Try them all!

Click to save $5 when you sign up for a SmugMug account! Or sign up with this coupon code: QzxDJzcJstR4A
NomadRip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 10:52 PM   #812
kdog
Slippery Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadRip
Way too many choices.

How come they don't have anything I recognize like "French Roast" beans?
IBA #9289
kdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 06:00 AM   #813
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

Oddometer: 3,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog
Way too many choices.

How come they don't have anything I recognize like "French Roast" beans?
As hopefully you will be roasting for a long time... "coffee" that is... try the "organic fair trades" ones. They are all good. I choose organic as I really don't want my coffee sprayed with chemical... I get 5 lbs at the time.

www.thecaptainscoffee.com

Just pick US Mail ground, the cheapest.

Did you aver hook up with Mark? Kdog...

Come and visit... be well... Ara & Spirit
BeemerChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 06:47 AM   #814
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

The Oasis of my Soul...

Took a little walk, Texas

Not stranded but needing to get some tire situation straighten out. The “wheel” has arrived and the tire needs to be seated properly, “Old Faithful” needs a new front mounted and things do not move too fast around here. We just rode 120 miles today and the tire guy stood me up… So we will try Monday again, plan B. closer this time.
We have been going on many walks lately. Getting over this sense of responsibility being here and somehow for some reason feeling different than just setting up camp anywhere.
1400 miles of dirt roads to walk on, ride, and right behind us is a little hill filled with flowers and the daily Sunset always better than the day before!
Spirit does not stop attracting the photographers as it happened again while in Alpine. Better him than me!
I just feel so unorganized suddenly as there is much to do and seemingly at the same time nothing to accomplish! We just need our wheels to get rolling again.
More on the Blog… till next time.
Be well… Ara & Spirit
Old 10-07-2008, 04:57 AM   #815
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

The Oasis of my Soul...

Are the Stars “misaligned”?, Texas

I have to this morning take a step back and move slowly on the path of “fixing” things, or more truthfully think about on how to go about it all! Suddenly it is a full plate…
After numerous attempts my new wheel is still leaking air. I won’t even go into the details, it could be the subject for a humorous play with too many scenes. “Old Faithful” herself is diagnosed with a bad right throttle body and a slipping clutch. I am not even thinking about her annual physical such as what everyone calls a “tune up”, an involved process that requires the sidecar to be taken apart. Without a phone here, e mail is my only resource and, not surprisingly, the BMW Dealers I inquired about are not returning any breath of my inquiries. I guess they do not want to sell any parts!!!
A few miles away my cell phone will work but its battery for the second time is not charging! I often wonder if “mechanical” objects have a Life of their own. Must be…
More on the Blog…

Be well, Ara & Spirit
Old 10-09-2008, 07:25 AM   #816
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

The Oasis of my Soul...

Karma looks up to us, Texas

What would be the chances for an incredible mechanic such as “Paul Glaves” to be our neighbor 4 miles away and offer his expertise to install a new clutch, throttle body, throttle cable and a complete maintenance schedule as “Old Faithful” is in need right now? Slim?… well, it is reality! The parts have been ordered, next week we will be not only watching but as he expressed himself learn more about this bike than I ever have.
There is no denying it, once again the road has become smooth as also there is not harm for us riding around in the meantime.
A ride to Terlingua, the Ghost Town, seeing the familiar sites and faces as not much has changed since last year.
The weather has been perfect with tolerable heat throughout the days and cool nights. This at time “puzzle” is emerging as an image with much more definite outlines.
A recipe for a quick meal, a tasty one…
As always, more on the Blog.

Be well… Ara & Spirit
Old 10-09-2008, 07:32 AM   #817
zippy
Hinter dem Feld

Oddometer: 2,094
Wohoo Ara and Spirit !! Glad to hear things are back on the up swing for ya !!

Wish you were still in Florida , but that's me being selfish. Went back to "the loop road" last week and thought about you. Good luck and keep on keepin on !
zippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 06:55 AM   #818
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

The Oasis of my Soul..

Hi Zippy... when are you coming here? And then again you might never return if you did!!! Hope to see you soon...

Unprepared for the storm, Texas

The future? I will be prepared! Good weather day in and day out makes me forget the other side of the coin sometimes. It only took “that one” burst of wind to knock the Dish down. Already with no phone service here yet, we both went on to Alpine to find a solution. And what luck… a slightly bent Dish was waiting for us… all is well again!
Much play with Spirit every day on this vast open land, one happy dog he now is and has become my shadow 24/7, his sight never leaving my movements.
Thinking about next week, about “Old Faithful” being dismantled as it is always a mental hardship, but for the first time I am truly so relaxed about it, how can I not be when it is Paul Glaves running the show. The parts are here… we are ready.
We took a ride into Big Bend Park, always feeling this peaceful aura descending upon us, an easy pill to swallow. More great Sunrises and Sunsets… I try real hard to not take anymore pictures of them… but that is not happening!
More on the Blog…
Be well… always. Ara & Spirit
Old 10-12-2008, 03:11 PM   #819
Ratman
Lucky Rider

Oddometer: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerChef
..............“Old Faithful” needs a new front mounted and things do not move too fast around here.
Ara, I been chasing you around via Email unsuccessfully......
But here's that pictorial on a poor mans tire change that I promised you.
http://tinyurl.com/4kpefn or
http://picasaweb.google.com/p.ratfab...54630136798130

It might help you with the front tire.
I'll be watching to see how your 15 inch tire works out. Seems like a Honda Shadow 15" wheel will fit my old Sabre.
p.ratfab@gmail.com
Ratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 07:30 PM   #820
nicolascav
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 363
This is amazing one day my gs11oo is getting the side cart and dog,,,, very very cool
nicolascav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:38 AM   #821
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

The Oasis of my Soul...

On our way to Ft Stockton! Texas

In company of a good Friend yesterday, Lance’s Birthday passed on with more ease this year as I only hope that I some day return the incredible support that I received on this bitter sweet day. I feel so much to want to reach others wearing the same shoes, “I owe” I feel… “what can I now do” I feel…
Plagued by mechanical let downs it is now the turn for the solar power to malfunction! No “DC” power when inverter or generator off! Luckily another Friend will meet us today in Ft Stockton to figure out what is wrong. What happened to the simplicity of living in a tent? This is so complicated and so much can go wrong…
Tomorrow “Old Faithful” will come apart, she will be in good hands hoping for no bad surprises… thinking positive here.
Just another day on the road as the full moon is upon us… on the Blog.
Be well…. Ara & Spirit
Old 10-14-2008, 09:46 AM   #822
100mpg
This sentance intent

Oddometer: 16,570
Did you hear angels singing when you took this picture?
Another amazing shot!
Quote:
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). DSI #694
100mpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:21 AM   #823
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

The Oasis of my Soul...

We always hear the Angels!... even in this photo... specially in this photo..

As simple as a tire change! Texas…

It has been some smooth days even if the photos look daunting! It was first meeting Ryan who attacked my solar system and rewired it from scratch. I’ll skip the details… the bottom line? Very very wrong and unhealthy! It was a relaxed day with so much confidence inspired. Same confidence going on this third day with Paul Glaves. What an inspiration it is to be taught and witness a bike being torn down and put back together in about the same way I would make a cup of coffee! And done right with so many attention to details… no joke… It is beyond mechanical ability, it is a “Zen” like process that leaves one actually enjoying the day and learn so much. I might even ask him when we are done if we could tear it up again!
The Desert is our Friend. Always has been but more so now than before, it is never just the land, it is also the People even as isolated as it is here.
More photos on the Blog.
Be well, Ara & Spirit
Old 10-17-2008, 05:56 AM   #824
Louis
Been off road... on a K12

Oddometer: 170
Quote:

We always hear the Angels!... even in this photo... specially in this photo..

As simple as a tire change! Texas…

Same confidence going on this third day with Paul Glaves. What an inspiration it is to be taught and witness a bike being torn down and put back together in about the same way I would make a cup of coffee! And done right with so many attention to details… no joke… It is beyond mechanical ability, it is a “Zen”
The Desert is our Friend. Always has been but more so now than before, it is never just the land, it is also the People even as isolated as it is here.
More photos on the Blog.
Be well, Ara & Spirit
Man that's quite the sight...

How lucky you are mon ami to have landed so close to the guru of maintenance

Now, will you be able to do the same for others?

OK, will settle for a meal then!

Hope there's decent grocery within driving distance...

Cheers bud

Last summer's long ride to the Rockies

There's never enough time to do it right... But there's always enough time to do it over !!

This is only a good thing when applied to riding... or sex!
Louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:20 AM   #825
BeemerChef OP
Wandering Homeless

The Oasis of my Soul...

It is beyond "lucky"! Yes... 60 miles away... a nice couple Grocery stores... will be awaiting!

Rolling again in Texas…

“WOW’ has always been a nice word for me expressing the inexpressible! Hollow, brainless expression, yes, but yet it defines for me anything I cannot quite define or would have to use too many words to do so… “WOW” is all I could loudly say when riding again, when rolling again down the road with a huge grin on “our” faces. A true “Master” and a “Teacher” as I have never had before, “Paul Glaves” has opened up a new avenue of thoughts regarding my own mechanical abilities. For someone like me that has spend their Life in a kitchen I guess it is never too late to plunge into the “Zen and the Art of Motorcycle maintenance”! Never give up, one step at the time and above it all, stay calm as, and I quote him “it is just a bunch of nuts and bolts”! Terlingua had their own “Friends of Big Bend” ride going on… much fun to check out the bikes customized to their owner’s train of thought. A “Tilapia” quick recipe… it makes up the Blog today… or was it yesterday?
Be well… Ara & Spirit