Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2012, 06:32 PM   #346
ACole
Udafarkarwee Tribe.

Oddometer: 53
Plastics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneman660 View Post
Mate, I've been thinking of doing the same thing myself.

Two questions: 1. Where from?
2. How much?

Awesome looking bike, well done
Got them from KFM Motorraeder Germany. They seemed to be the cheapest.
http://www.kfm-motorraeder.de/
Ask them to send you the XT660X parts catalog for the VOS4 (Orange) bike.
In those days the tank shrouds and the headlamp shroud plastics were the same shape. Don't forget to order the foam dampeners.
Excluding decals which are expensive any where in the world the order came to €160 plus €50 freight.
If you PM me your email address I can send you the Orange bike Parts catalog. Also have one for the 09 R if you need it.
Ciao
09, KLX250s, Stage 2 jet kit, etc, 09 XT660R, Stage 2 DNA Filter, Dunlop D606 Tyres, GYTR Bash Plate, Fork Spring Spacers, OTR Water Pump Guard, CNC Gear Lever, Rear B/lever ext, EGO B/Busters, Cameltoe S/Stand Puck, Ventura pack rack. CB1000R9
ACole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:51 PM   #347
Pete-NZ
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACole View Post
Got them from KFM Motorraeder Germany. They seemed to be the cheapest.
http://www.kfm-motorraeder.de/
Ask them to send you the XT660X parts catalog for the VOS4 (Orange) bike.
In those days the tank shrouds and the headlamp shroud plastics were the same shape. Don't forget to order the foam dampeners.
Excluding decals which are expensive any where in the world the order came to €160 plus €50 freight.
If you PM me your email address I can send you the Orange bike Parts catalog. Also have one for the 09 R if you need it.
Ciao
wouldn't be luck enough for them to have the yellow plastics for the XTR..06 Yamaha Anniversary model..
can get the decal kit but not the plastics..

http://bikestat.com/images/510_Yamah...BMotoGP2B2.jpg
Old 11-06-2012, 10:00 PM   #348
ACole
Udafarkarwee Tribe.

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete-NZ View Post
wouldn't be luck enough for them to have the yellow plastics for the XTR..06 Yamaha Anniversary model..

Have asked my German Contact if the Yellow Plastics are still available. Should hear back overnight.
Do you have part numbers for those shroud graphics shown in the picture link you posted.
09, KLX250s, Stage 2 jet kit, etc, 09 XT660R, Stage 2 DNA Filter, Dunlop D606 Tyres, GYTR Bash Plate, Fork Spring Spacers, OTR Water Pump Guard, CNC Gear Lever, Rear B/lever ext, EGO B/Busters, Cameltoe S/Stand Puck, Ventura pack rack. CB1000R9
Old 11-08-2012, 12:49 AM   #349
ACole
Udafarkarwee Tribe.

Plastics

Quote:

German guy can't find the Yellow XT, are you sure it was 2006. The rear guard looks like one off a later model X.

Find those sticker part numbers???
Old 11-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #350
Hasanito
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
buying 2009 xt660r

G'day
After a long period of deliberation, i'm just in the process of buying a 2009 xt660r from a dealer.

My first bike was a 225cc and this'll be the first real bike, I'll be owning!. \
I'd say, I'll be making for a 60 / 40 road / off-road usage with it!... off road being some dirt road, nothing too serious or heavy and a lot of long distance riding!

What are the xt660 specific things to look out for, when buying this model used bike (from a dealer)??

It's done about 4k on odometer, has 2 in 1 muffler, long range tank and larger pegs. Being from a dealer, I get 3 months warranty too!

cheers
Hasanito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:00 AM   #351
boneman660
Try Hard

Oddometer: 356
Thumb Nice purchase...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasanito View Post
G'day
After a long period of deliberation, i'm just in the process of buying a 2009 xt660r from a dealer.

My first bike was a 225cc and this'll be the first real bike, I'll be owning!. \
I'd say, I'll be making for a 60 / 40 road / off-road usage with it!... off road being some dirt road, nothing too serious or heavy and a lot of long distance riding!

What are the xt660 specific things to look out for, when buying this model used bike (from a dealer)??

It's done about 4k on odometer, has 2 in 1 muffler, long range tank and larger pegs. Being from a dealer, I get 3 months warranty too!

cheers
Hi mate,

Sounds ideal for what you have planned. Maybe look at the fork seals, wheel bearings, an 09 with 4K on it may have sat for some time, so you might want to dump any fuel in it & of course change the oil.

Probably got rusty spokes, may negotiate with the dealer about that.

Take the seat off & have a look at the electrics, make sure it hasn't been drowned. Corrosion can be a problem in XTs, so have a good look at the usual trouble spots. While you have the seat off check how much dust is in there (Thanks MickD for that tip) it might give you an idea of the type of use it's had. Take the snorkel out while the seat's off, although it may have been taken out already to help it breathe.

Check inside the swingarm for water & corrosion.

I'm sure others will add more, but they are generally renowned as a bullet proof bike (with electrical & corrosion being the weak points).

Old 11-10-2012, 08:09 PM   #352
plodalong
Now if we just.....

Oddometer: 603
If you have problems with the dreaded efi surge get one of Kevs O2 modifiers. He sells them on ebay and definitely worth the money (around $100). just plugs in series with the oxygen sensor and changes the fuel air ratio in closed loop mode to 13.6 instead of 14.7. Got one a couple of weeks ago, makes all the difference.

Sunday ride, Weathers ok

But now I realise I just don't give a shit.

plodalong screwed with this post 11-10-2012 at 08:29 PM
plodalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:13 PM   #353
supamanaint
when in doubt - power out

Oddometer: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by plodalong View Post
If you have problems with the dreaded efi surge get one of Kevs O2 modifiers. He sells them on ebay and definitely worth the money (around $100). just plugs in series with the oxygen sensor and changes the fuel air ratio in closed loop mode to 13.6 instead of 14.7. Got one a couple of weeks ago, makes all the difference.

Sunday ride, Weathers ok

Agreed I have done about 2500km with Kev's O2 controler fitted and it is brilliant, worth every cent and more.

The country is looking good out there plodalong, I should be out Condo way in a week or two churning up some red dust and loving it (it gets in ya blood I reckon).
supamanaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:37 PM   #354
Pete-NZ
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by supamanaint View Post
Agreed I have done about 2500km with Kev's O2 controler fitted and it is brilliant, worth every cent and more.

The country is looking good out there plodalong, I should be out Condo way in a week or two churning up some red dust and loving it (it gets in ya blood I reckon).
I have both kev's fuel mods on mine.... they are great..almost no surgeing now....

Just got a set of Yamaha 660 ten engine bars.. now to make them fit the XTR...
looks like I will need to cut the rear mounts off... build new ones & bolt to the
B&B bash plate...
Should look like this... https://www.adventuremoto.com.au/ima...E-BPresize.jpg

Pete-NZ screwed with this post 11-10-2012 at 09:44 PM
Pete-NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:12 PM   #355
supamanaint

Quote:
I have both kev's fuel mods on mine.... they are great..almost no surgeing now....

Just got a set of Yamaha 660 ten engine bars.. now to make them fit the XTR...
looks like I will need to cut the rear mounts off... build new ones & bolt to the
B&B bash plate...
Should look like this... https://www.adventuremoto.com.au/ima...E-BPresize.jpg

That should look good Pete you will have to post some pics when you have it done.

Forgot to mention I have the fuel mod to. I have opened up the top of the airbox and have a pipercross filter as well.

I am trying a NGK CR8EK plug at the moment, with the current mods she runs smooth and goes very well.

supamanaint screwed with this post 11-10-2012 at 11:21 PM
Old 11-10-2012, 11:30 PM   #356
Pete-NZ
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
That should look good Pete you will have to post some pics when you have it done.

Forgot to mention I have the fuel mod to. I have opened up the top of the airbox and have a pipercross filter as well.

I am trying a NGK CR8EK plug at the moment, with the current mods she runs smooth and goes very well.
I have to do something to protect the water pump... alread have a big gurge in it..
i can see the day comeing when I'm in the middle of nowhere with a puddle of coolant under the bike..

Oiled foarm filters are good......K&N / DNA are ok if theres no fine dust around...
Old 11-11-2012, 05:24 PM   #357
Hasanito
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Pissed

strewth
thanks for all the reply fellas!

I'm hoping another point of advice before I go into a spasm making the right choice!!!!

My local Yamaha shop in XXX giving away a 2012 xt660r stock for 10.5k ride away…
This other xt660r is from another dealer, not coming down a dime for his 2009 model with low kms and 2in1 muff, large tank and pegs, bash plate, for 8.6k ride away.

I have't had a chance to look at 2009 model xt yet but the brand new xt looks spotless (naturally!)

I hope this doesn't sound silly but any advice on which one would be a better choice??

2009 xt has those extras that would cost another ~2k to purchase but on the other hand, 2012 xt is stock but just brand spanking new!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneman660 View Post
Hi mate,

Sounds ideal for what you have planned. Maybe look at the fork seals, wheel bearings, an 09 with 4K on it may have sat for some time, so you might want to dump any fuel in it & of course change the oil.

Probably got rusty spokes, may negotiate with the dealer about that.

Take the seat off & have a look at the electrics, make sure it hasn't been drowned. Corrosion can be a problem in XTs, so have a good look at the usual trouble spots. While you have the seat off check how much dust is in there (Thanks MickD for that tip) it might give you an idea of the type of use it's had. Take the snorkel out while the seat's off, although it may have been taken out already to help it breathe.

Check inside the swingarm for water & corrosion.

I'm sure others will add more, but they are generally renowned as a bullet proof bike (with electrical & corrosion being the weak points).

Hasanito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:04 PM   #358
plodalong
Now if we just.....

Oddometer: 603
Its a bit of a toss up, if the 09 looks like its had an easy life (4 k isn't much) I would probably lean towards that even though he's probably asking top dollar. The extras it comes with sound pretty appealing especially if you're planning to get them anyway. Also factor in how worn are the tyres and how much rego left. Maybe the dealer might do a deal on riding gear or other accessories. Happy haggling.

But now I realise I just don't give a shit.
plodalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:35 AM   #359
supamanaint

Also it doesn't hurt so much to drop a second hand bike, just ask boneman660.

While it is nice to have a brand new bike 4k is nothing (as plodalong said) and the more you can save the more you have to spend to equip, mod & ride with.

I would suggest if I may to have a look at the 09 first and go from there, cheers.

supamanaint screwed with this post 11-12-2012 at 12:50 AM
Old 11-12-2012, 01:25 AM   #360
boneman660
Try Hard

Oddometer: 356
Talking +1 on the '09

Quote:
Also it doesn't hurt so much to drop a second hand bike, just ask boneman660.

While it is nice to have a brand new bike 4k is nothing (as plodalong said) and the more you can save the more you have to spend to equip, mod & ride with.

I would suggest if I may to have a look at the 09 first and go from there, cheers.
I agree with my dickhead mate Supamanaint.