User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2007, 07:21 PM   #1
La Donna Fugata OP
You're not the boss of me

Oddometer: 153
Crazy warm day here on the east coast

DR Rock and I decide to take advantage of the crazy weather we are having here on the east coast.

So...at 11 am, when the threat of rain had subsided, and after vetoing his planned route of interstate 80 to the Delaware Water Gap route because of my fear of speed, we set out for Northwest CT via the Saw Mill Parkway.

Gently building up to the parkway speed we drove through Harlem.

Notice the truck with Florida plates driving in reverse; he almost takes out the gentleman on the bicycle...got to love it....dude, this in NYC not Oxford Florida.

Then as my stomach began to turn in anticipation of heading onto the Sawmill parkway to the cross county parkway to ....the Hutchinson parkway ..merging onto the Merrit parkway...

I can finally begin to relax on the country roads of Connecticut:

Unknown to me, DR Rock had a hidden agenda......

Time to learn how to pick up the bike once you put it down. You see in NYC we have been having a run of bad luck where either his bike or mine has been found down on the ground by either cage strikes or gusts of wind propelling our bike covers like windsurfers, to the ground. So after his demonstration I give it a try........

and decide...........

I would rather bask in the sun....or RIDE (if anyone has any suggestions for lifting techniques I am all ears ).

Stopped for gas and a quick bite to eat at an old mom and pop grocery store.

Where else but in Greenwich Connecticut (..."Greenwich is one of the wealthiest towns per capita in the world...") do you have the option to leave a penny, take a penny or... leave a dollar / take a dollar????

Eating our snacks on the porch, this 86 year old man told us two jokes ...

The first of which we didn't get..

and the second one we can't remember.

From there we headed on

home.

to familiar territory..

Where I still feel more comfortable riding down second avenue amidst Manhattan traffic than I do travelling a speed anywhere above 60 mph. Will I ever make it to I-80????? I will keep working on it. Thanks for a great ride DR Rock....got to love that global warming.....

La Donna Fugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 07:24 PM   #2
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,251
Beautiful!! The weather is crazy for January in the east, it was 11 Celsius today in Toronto! thanks for the ride report and the great pics.. maybe you can do your next report with larger pics! More to look at!
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 09:09 PM   #3
KTRSD
keep the rubber side down

Oddometer: 142
hey ldf,
If your bike has taken a nap (even if it was just a dry run), you're not a n00b anymore! Get rid of that n00bness :-)

I made a slightly larger loop than you guys did, going into MA and back down. It got up to 70F! Crazy.
KTRSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 09:22 AM   #4
DR. Rock
Part of the problem

Oddometer: 5,528
Ride to support global warming

This is all Al Gore's fault. I saw that movie... Didn't he invent global warming?

I guess it's my turn for the next ride report.

I still can't believe people leave a dollar / take a dollar in Greenwich, CT. I wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it.

One thing I learned on this ride is that roads that show up as dotted lines on GPS in this area are not dirt / undeveloped roads. They are PRIVATE. With a guard house. And a guard. .

This was our track:

Just riding around. Fun.
"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 09:37 AM   #5
Zodiac
loosely portrayed

Oddometer: 30,858
Great ride report Donna, but why you trying to lift that bike.....
(That's just plain cruel Doc....)

That's what yer hubby's for

Looks like fun
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote