ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-19-2007, 04:50 PM   #31
Motopumps OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Motopumps's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Beautiful Upstate New York
Oddometer: 1,555
Thumb Got Pump!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum69
Hey Rob, just got my pump today at my hotel, I see what you mean by 'ultra compact', no unnecessary accoutrements built around it. I'm looking forward to trying out on my 640 if I ever get home (and if I have the right plug)–they just exended my hotel another 5 WEEKS!
Thanks again for your help and super speedy delivery!


Excellent! Always wonder how the hotel deliveries will go! I was really looking forward to riding this week, but so far we have had another 14 inches of snow and another couple tonight. Someone should shoot that damn woodchuck who said spring was coming!

Can't wait to get back on the bike.

Ride Safe!
Rob
http://motopumps.com
Motopumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:20 AM   #32
xanie
n00b
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Denver, Colorado
Oddometer: 5
Just ordered this kit in preparation for a short 1000 mile weekend jaunt next weekend, and a 2 week trip down to Mexico in a month! Can't wait to get this and have some piece of mind (especially since I had a flat just over a week ago!
xanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:55 AM   #33
Motopumps OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Motopumps's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Beautiful Upstate New York
Oddometer: 1,555
Thumb Got Pump!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanie
Just ordered this kit in preparation for a short 1000 mile weekend jaunt next weekend, and a 2 week trip down to Mexico in a month! Can't wait to get this and have some piece of mind (especially since I had a flat just over a week ago!
Thanks for the order! This will ship right out, first thing in the morning. Would you prefer a blue, black or brown case for the MotoPump?

Ride Safe!

Rob
Motopumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:18 PM   #34
Lincoln 14
n00b
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Oddometer: 3
Got mine in the mail earlier in the week, only took a couple of days to get to the left coast. I have been playind around with it and am very happy. Showed it around in the office and one of my guys ordered one. Thanks for what appears to be a great product and the prompt delivery.
Lincoln 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:17 AM   #35
urbancowboy
Vicious Cycler
 
urbancowboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Laughing at Jerks in NYC
Oddometer: 1,739
thanks!

hey rob,

can't thank you enough for the help yesterday. i just got back to ithaca. i'll be ordering a kit or two soon.
__________________
bmw makes motorcycles now?
smugmug link: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=fMX8CMi5nSlps will save you $5 at the best photo hosting site on the internets. you can almost buy a beer in nyc with that. your welcome.
[/B]
urbancowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 07:53 PM   #36
gosling1
Gnarly Adventurer
 
gosling1's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: That 3rd World Country know as South Carolina
Oddometer: 303
Question Size?

Rob -

If this question has been asked/answered before, I apologize. Considering ordering one of your kits for tubeless tires with the SAE connector on it.
What are the approximate dimensions of the carry bag with the stuff in it. Trying to find a place on the d/s to stow it. Thanks!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Motopumps
Thanks for the order! This will ship right out, first thing in the morning. Would you prefer a blue, black or brown case for the MotoPump?

Ride Safe!

Rob
gosling1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 05:05 AM   #37
Motopumps OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Motopumps's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Beautiful Upstate New York
Oddometer: 1,555
Size of MotoPump kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosling1
Rob -

If this question has been asked/answered before, I apologize. Considering ordering one of your kits for tubeless tires with the SAE connector on it.
What are the approximate dimensions of the carry bag with the stuff in it. Trying to find a place on the d/s to stow it. Thanks!
Hey! The heavy duty case that the MotoPump kit packs in is about 7" x 8" when empty, but with the MotoPump and tools, it is more like 6" x 7" and about an inch and a half thick or so. The good part is that since the case is not rigid, you can form it a bit to fit in irregular spaces under seats, etc. I can fit one under the seat in my VFR, the Ninja 650, the VStrom and I keep one in the saddle bags of the Road Glide which doesn't have space issues.

I also stock the Slime Power Sport Inflator which comes in a rigid case that is about 7" x 7" x 2.5", but it doesn't include any tire plugging tools, multi-tool, etc. There is not much room left inside the case due to the pump packaging and inclusion of multiple connectors. You can fit a few more items in the case if you are creative. I have experimented by cutting down the handle on the plug insertion tool and adding a mini-multi-tool.

Both are great products, just a little different. I am selling the Slime Power Sport Inflators for $27.99 plus shipping. Have not seen the price that low anywhere else. I bought a whole BUNCH to get the price way down.

Ride Safe!
Rob
Motopumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 05:48 AM   #38
kahoon
who's yer daddy??
 
kahoon's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Oddometer: 2,392
Rob, I'd like to get one of these kits please (with powerlet plug, and maybe some rubber cement). How much is shipping to Toronto?

Thanks!
kahoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 06:35 AM   #39
Motopumps OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Motopumps's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Beautiful Upstate New York
Oddometer: 1,555
International Shipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahoon
Rob, I'd like to get one of these kits please (with powerlet plug, and maybe some rubber cement). How much is shipping to Toronto?

Thanks!
No problem. Shipping to Canada adds $5 over what the MotoPumps site figures. Go ahead and purchase (be sure to select the Powerlet Plug) and I will send a paypal invoce for the extra $5 once I get the order. Should total $51.49, Global Priority Mail to Toronto.

If you want to do it in one transaction, just send $51.49 to my PayPal account at rwb7@cornell.edu

This will ship out first thing Monday morning.

Thanks!!

Rob
Motopumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 07:03 AM   #40
kahoon
who's yer daddy??
 
kahoon's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Oddometer: 2,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motopumps
No problem. Shipping to Canada adds $5 over what the MotoPumps site figures. Go ahead and purchase (be sure to select the Powerlet Plug) and I will send a paypal invoce for the extra $5 once I get the order. Should total $51.49, Global Priority Mail to Toronto.

If you want to do it in one transaction, just send $51.49 to my PayPal account at rwb7@cornell.edu

This will ship out first thing Monday morning.

Thanks!!

Rob
Paypal sent... Please confirm when you get it.

Cheers
kahoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 04:40 PM   #41
Mr. Magoo
n/a
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Oddometer: 4,948
Just ordered. Black bag and powerlet plug for BMW. Thanks.
Mr. Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 05:48 PM   #42
alfa1023
Fast, Fluid and Flexible
 
alfa1023's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Oddometer: 27
Rob,

Just placed an order (email address is same as ADVrider user name). Didn't see where to specify bag color - black bag would be preferred.

Do you (or anybody else here) know is the pump will work off the accessory outlet on the BMW 1200GS - seems like the Canbus doesn't allow much of a load to run off the outlet (had to direct wire my Gerbing items as they apparently draw more current than Mr. Canbus will allow for the accessory outlet).

Thanks,
Jim
alfa1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 06:28 PM   #43
Motopumps OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Motopumps's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Beautiful Upstate New York
Oddometer: 1,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWarren
Just ordered. Black bag and powerlet plug for BMW. Thanks.
Got it, black bag with Powerlet Plug.

Ride Safe!

Rob
Motopumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 06:53 PM   #44
Motopumps OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Motopumps's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Beautiful Upstate New York
Oddometer: 1,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfa1023
Rob,

Just placed an order (email address is same as ADVrider user name). Didn't see where to specify bag color - black bag would be preferred.

Do you (or anybody else here) know is the pump will work off the accessory outlet on the BMW 1200GS - seems like the Canbus doesn't allow much of a load to run off the outlet (had to direct wire my Gerbing items as they apparently draw more current than Mr. Canbus will allow for the accessory outlet).

Thanks,
Jim
Hey Jim- Some folks have had problems with with the CANBUS not allowing much draw, as you mention. I understand there is a firmware update that may help. If not, direct wiring is the solution. I will put some alligator clips in as well in case you need to go directly to the battery terminals in the mean time.

Ride Safe!
Rob
Motopumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 03:07 PM   #45
Fin
Kahoon's my daddy!
 
Fin's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada.
Oddometer: 2,324
Hey Rob

I looked over the unit you sold to Kahoon, he's a friend that lives a block away, it's pretty nice. I'd like to order one with a Powerlet Plug also and with a black bag. Being that I'm in Canada too how do you want me to proceed. I can paypal you the total including the shipping after ordering if you want.

Just let me know the final cost.

Thanks

Fin

P.S. Don't be surprised if Kahoon hasn't sold a couple more people on your pump. He pulled it out during a ride and we all wanted one.

Cheers
__________________
"When in doubt, gas it." This, to be honest, doesn't always solve the problem, but at least it ends the suspense.
Mark Gardiner from "Riding Man."

IBA#12239
BMW MOA #124707
Save $5 when you open your own smugmug account. Use code: ByFAeFySLnQKM
Fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014