ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional Forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2015, 04:28 PM   #1
XDragRacer OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,298
ADVMoto Adventure Rally, 18-20 Sep, Romney, WV

Registration recently opened for the 2015 ADVMoto Adventure Rally, scheduled for September 18-20, staged from the Wapocoma Campground, near Romney, WV.

Looks like the event has grown from last year, with more rides and activities.

Lots of fun last time, expecting even more this year.

XDragRacer screwed with this post 06-17-2015 at 04:35 PM
XDragRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 04:39 PM   #2
VACommuter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,886
I don't win shit, but I'm coming anyway.

VAC
2003 KLR 685 "Street Ugly"
2007 KLR 719 "Muscles from Brussels"
VACommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 05:21 PM   #3
inhousebob
mostly vertical

Oddometer: 285
More info?

Where do we go for more info? Is there a flyer or link on line? I checked at ADVMoto.com but didn't see anything yet. Details. We need details!
Old 06-17-2015, 05:28 PM   #4
XDragRacer OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by inhousebob View Post
Where do we go for more info? Is there a flyer or link on line? I checked at ADVMoto.com but didn't see anything yet. Details. We need details!
Event website:

http://advmotorally.com/
XDragRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 07:06 PM   #5
FAW3
Old wanderer

Oddometer: 685
Great to hear...the bar has been set pretty high based on the first ADVMoto Rally...the entire package was first rate IMO, I had a great time and enjoyed it. Of course...winning that $200 KLIM certificate was pretty nice too!!!

I see the Wapocoma campground is right on the Potomac River...my fly rod & gear will be on the KLR for sure!

FAW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 02:20 AM   #6
VACommuter
Beastly Adventurer

Let's pressure Bob into bringing his "special" bed roll.

VAC
Old 06-18-2015, 03:55 AM   #7
Scotty P
Funny Like a Clown

Oddometer: 14,181
I need some answers please..........170 participants and only 44 primitive sites that will be assigned ...so 3.8 people per assigned site??

What does assigned really mean?? Can I camp next to my friends??
Scotty P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 04:38 AM   #8
AB13
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty P View Post
I need some answers please..........170 participants and only 44 primitive sites that will be assigned ...so 3.8 people per assigned site??

You should have a planning meeting...... AB:-)
Old 06-18-2015, 05:17 AM   #9
Scotty P
Funny Like a Clown

I did offer............
Old 06-18-2015, 08:22 AM   #10
CrazyCarl
The Eternal NooB

Oddometer: 427
We've got basically the whole campground which can hold over 300 sites. Many of the spaces you're counting (and are listed as numbered spots in the campground map) are big enough for much larger vehicles but we're still discouraging putting trailers or cars between bikes since that will reduce the usable space and the "field of bikes" feeling I love so much. :)

You can camp as a group, don't worry about that. You can even register up to 5 people at a time this year (but you will need all their info). Best thing to camp as a group is to all arrive together if possible, but if not, then save a space for your buddies. Like last year, plenty of firewood will be available plus we'll be having a bonfire, likely on the river or near the music.

Mucho improvements this year based on the feedback. We took it very seriously and tried to address even the smallest issues. Even more prizes this year at 10k. Sam Manicom is flying in to present and Bret Tkacs from PSSOR will be speaking on his travels in South America on Friday as well as doing the half-day Advanced Training on Saturday. Food is buffet style and much improved.

All of last year's attendees should have received an email with details, but I'll put it in below. Looking forward to seeing everyone there again this year!

CC

P.S. Gerbing's heated gloves and controller kit as prizes just walked in the door!

--------------

ADVMotoRally.com

Many improvements to the 2015 Rally in the areas of location, amenities, riding, training, food, vendors, prizes and entertainment make this the year of MORE!

When: September 18-20, 2015

Where: New location at Wapocoma Campground with more level ground, shaded camp sites, full bath house, pavilion and more. Bordered on three sides by the South Fork of the Potomac River, it's riparian setting is good for relaxing, fishing or whatever you want to do. It's also only five miles away from downtown Romney, WV and very close to the huge Romney Cycles.

Fees:
• Pre-Registration - $95 (up to July 5)
• Registration - $110 (after July 5)
• Pre-Reg w/Basic or Adv Training - $170.00
• Re w/ Basic or Adv Training - $185.00

More Vendors: Approximately double the vendors on site. This year we're looking to include Rev'it, Vee Rubber, MotoMachines, Green Chile, Continental, Dual Sport Armory, our friends at Crazy Fox Coffee and more to be announced.

Even More Door Prizes: Already at $9,000 at the time of this email, we're estimating over $10,000 of Door Prizes in 2015.

More Speakers: We're flyin' Sam Manicom in from the UK as and Bret Tkacs from Washington State to give talks on "Into Africa" and "Traveling South America."

More Food: This year we're working with "Gourmet Central" from nearby Romney, WV. They'll be cooking up a buffet breakfast and buffet pig roast dinner. Plenty of food for everyone! See the website for more delicious menu details. All other times, Social BBQ from Harrisonburg, VA will be providing lunch and dinner on Friday, and breakfast on Monday.

More Training: Returning from last year to run Basic training is Alain from Explor-Int. Advanced training will be run by Bret Tkacs from Puget Sound Safety Off-Road (PSSOR). Bret is the number one trainer at PSSOR with plenty of off-road and adventure travel experience. Both trainers will have access to a large field and routes for a quick afternoon ride. At only $75 dollars this is an outstanding training value!

More Rides: New routes, women's ride, more ride leaders, a Wilderness Poker Run and more! GPS tracks will be sent out earlier this year and be made available on the ADVMotoRally.com website.

More Music: Local Bluegrass band "Jake and the Burtones" will take us into the late evening with some live entertainment, plucky picking and melodious tunes.

Quote:

The Return - Riding Western China DVD - The first and only moto film about riding in China!

MyChinaMoto.com - AdVRiding in China - News, Community and Resources

CarlParker.com
- Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

CrazyCarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 09:12 AM   #11
Scotty P
Funny Like a Clown

Thanks Carl, that answered the question. When it said primitive camping I took that literally for the spots on the map. I was also afraid there would be families all around us in RVs

Thanks again
Scott.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:04 AM   #12
CrazyCarl
The Eternal NooB

There will likely be a couple long term renters there (can't rightly kick them out), but they won't allow weekend/families/etc. in during our event. Best thing we can do is get folks registered ASAP and let the campground owner know, "Hey we need alla dis!"

Overall though, the place is nicer with level campsite, lots of trees, multiple paths to ride around the camp area and, of course, some river side sites which should be really nice.

The following image is taken at approximatly site 101 on their map. River is on the other side of the trees.

C

Quote:
Thanks Carl, that answered the question. When it said primitive camping I took that literally for the spots on the map. I was also afraid there would be families all around us in RVs

Thanks again
Scott.

The Return - Riding Western China DVD - The first and only moto film about riding in China!

CarlParker.com

Old 06-18-2015, 12:49 PM   #13
VACommuter
Beastly Adventurer

They best hide their womenz and pets....

VAC
Old 06-19-2015, 09:14 AM   #14
Scotty P
Funny Like a Clown

And Hide the pie...........

Old 06-19-2015, 09:29 AM   #15
CrazyCarl
The Eternal NooB

Not sure about pie this year, but we gots mix local fruit crisps for dinner on Sat night

Also, just received the menu for the Social BBQ truck which will sell Lunch/Dinner for Fri and Saturday breakfast.

BREAKFAST
  • Breakfast Tacos $5
  • Smoked Veggies
  • Pulled Pork
  • Pulled Chicken
  • Sausage
  • Sliced Brisket $7
  • 2-Fried Egg Sandwich $5
  • Bacon or Sausage
  • Brisket and Egg Sandwich $7

LUNCH/DINNER

- Sandwiches -

Smoked Brats
w/ Caramelized Onions/Mush $5
Pulled Pork $6
Sliced Brisket $7

- Platters -
  • 1/2 Chicken $7
  • BBQ Burger $8
  • 1/2 Rack of Ribs $10
  • Sides $2
Macaroni Salad
Potato Salad
Cole Slaw

Last but not least, REV'IT has confirmed they will be attending the Rally. Also may be a possibility of Christini test rides (not yet confirmed).

Not yet updated on the website is Forma and Klim have come on as sponsors but have not decided what their prize donations will be.

CC

Quote:
And Hide the pie...........

CarlParker.com