ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2010, 11:14 AM   #15076
Cactus Dave
Born to Argue

Oddometer: 688
Yep, sentado, not siete.

You are beginning to understand a bit how my 2+ weeks in Mexico went . . . . Hell, I am accused of being unable to communicate clearly in English.
Cactus Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:58 AM   #15077
DirtDabber
cultural illiterate

Oddometer: 7,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Dave
Yep, sentado, not siete.

You are beginning to understand a bit how my 2+ weeks in Mexico went . . . . Hell, I am accused of being unable to communicate clearly in English.

You should have seen the conversation I had in South America when I was trying to tell the the Chilean "No habla Espanol"

His reply, "Yo hablo Espanol perfecto. Tu no habla Espanol."

I wonder where that road goes?
DirtDabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:42 PM   #15078
reubenRN
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
[quote=Willy-B]I was just to your left of the gentlemen that you speak of sitting alone at the end of the chair row, we actually exchanged words also.

Oh, yes, I remember you now (especially after I re-visited the "Trailer 2010" thread...new time I'm coming, fo sure!).

Glad to see that you signed on. Hope to see you out and about again soon.

When are you going back to TWO? Are you usually camping or what's the deal? I would like to hang around more with like-minded folks.

Billy

PS-How do you loike the over sized fairing on thr Strom?

You mean the barn door aka homemade windshield extension? I like it, the dreaded wind buffeting (experienced by most vstrom owners) is long gone, I can hit triple digits (on the track, of course) with the helmet's windshield open, and I don't feel the need to close it. Great in the rain, interstates, not to good on the fire roads, especially if I'm standing on the pegs.

BTW, we took the Copper something trail to the Ranger station on the way back home, kinda scary, 2 up with street tires and off-road experience less than 10 hours (you can't really get more noob-er than this lol). It was alright, I definitely need more practice on forest roads and some better tires.

Looking forward to the next time!

Adrian
Old 06-24-2010, 04:21 PM   #15079
Willy-B
onebudwiser

Oddometer: 7,804
[quote=ro_manian]

Oh, yes, I remember you now (especially after I re-visited the "Trailer 2010" thread...new time I'm coming, fo sure!).

If the people show, we'll do Trailer Trash again for sure.

When are you going back to TWO? Are you usually camping or what's the deal? I would like to hang around more with like-minded folks.

It's hit or miss with me, kinda take things on the fly. If you'd have asked me two days earlier, I would have said I would be in Myrtle Beach last weekend. Shoot me a pm if you have something in mind, hopefully we can line something up.

Anyhow, there's a great group here in this thead (including you) I would advise meeting all of them as the opportunity arises. 'Cept that Dave jack-ass...In person he ain't so bad and he rides like he should have a pink bike, so don't let his on-line personna run you off.

Billy

My theory, you only get one chance, go full fucking throttle, all the way, all the time.-Trip
Willy-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 04:23 PM   #15080
Mike Honcho
Got Beaver?

Oddometer: 2,332
Billy!

So Saturday looks like a great day.....

...for bike shopping.

Wish me luck.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:27 PM   #15081
SoilSampleDave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,320
I am trying to recruit the usual suspects down here on the south side of Atlanta to run up to Suches on Saturday for a DS ride or just a street ride; don't know if I will be successful yet! Anyone already planning a Saturday ride?

'13 350EXC-F
SoilSampleDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:46 PM   #15082
CHRIS_D
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoilSampleDave
I am trying to recruit the usual suspects down here on the south side of Atlanta to run up to Suches on Saturday for a DS ride or just a street ride; don't know if I will be successful yet! Anyone already planning a Saturday ride?
You mean finally there's actually some peeps on the Southside of ATL that ride a DS.

Where do you live? By "Delta Ghetto" in your sig I'm thinking maybe Peachtree City?
Old 06-24-2010, 05:58 PM   #15083
mb90535im
'05 R1200 GS

Oddometer: 4,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Honcho
Billy!

So Saturday looks like a great day.....

...for bike shopping.

Wish me luck.

You got something lined up?
mb90535im is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 06:21 PM   #15084
SoilSampleDave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,320
Oh yeah, Peachtree City. I have had several DS bikes over the years as have Robert, Eddie, and a few others around here. It's just hard to keep everyone motivated when it takes almost 2 hours to get to the fun. With the DRZ, I like to trailer it up to Dahlonega and then ride from there. I sold my VStrom because I just didn't enjoy riding through Atlanta.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRIS_D
You mean finally there's actually some peeps on the Southside of ATL that ride a DS.

Where do you live? By "Delta Ghetto" in your sig I'm thinking maybe Peachtree City?

'13 350EXC-F
SoilSampleDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 06:31 PM   #15085
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,262
Cactus Dave

Thanks for the teaser Baja 500 RR, can't wait for the real mccoy.

Now we need to get some riding in up at your new place before the economy turns around, and all those Lawyers from Atlanta move in and shut us down.

Some developer has big plans up that way.
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:10 PM   #15086
Mike Honcho
Got Beaver?

Oddometer: 2,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb90535im
You got something lined up?
Nope....

It's gonna be one of those..... see what we find type days.

You got a lead?
Old 06-25-2010, 05:30 AM   #15087
Cactus Dave
Born to Argue

Oddometer: 688
Mike -
Some "developer(s)" cleared about 5,000 acres between me and Talking Rock Creek. They had plans for an equestrian development and 10,000+ home sites. Apparently, they could not get their plans annexed by the City of Jasper, i.e., no water and sewer service, and the development lapsed. The economy went south, and I believe the bank(s) have foreclosed on the property. No further, current, development plans, and the property is sitting idle. I ride it occaissionally as a convenient spot to test jetting, suspension settings, bike mods, etc. But, you are correct, some day that will all turn around and yet another riding area will be lost.

Earlier this year Talking Rock Creek was raging with all the rainfall. That would have been one of the times I chose to make a crossing. I washed the inside of my boots and everything I had on as well as all parts of the bike. Now, given the lack of rainfall the last several weeks, I suspect it is well down and quite passable. I see a ride in my future next weekend . . . . Let me know if you're around and want to ride end of next week/next weekend. I know it is a holiday weekend, and that may entail plans elsewhere, but let's see what ensues as time draws nearer.

Cheers,

Dave
Cactus Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:15 AM   #15088
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,262
Sounds like a plan Dave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Dave
Mike -
Some "developer(s)" cleared about 5,000 acres between me and Talking Rock Creek. They had plans for an equestrian development and 10,000+ home sites. Apparently, they could not get their plans annexed by the City of Jasper, i.e., no water and sewer service, and the development lapsed. The economy went south, and I believe the bank(s) have foreclosed on the property. No further, current, development plans, and the property is sitting idle. I ride it occaissionally as a convenient spot to test jetting, suspension settings, bike mods, etc. But, you are correct, some day that will all turn around and yet another riding area will be lost.

Earlier this year Talking Rock Creek was raging with all the rainfall. That would have been one of the times I chose to make a crossing. I washed the inside of my boots and everything I had on as well as all parts of the bike. Now, given the lack of rainfall the last several weeks, I suspect it is well down and quite passable. I see a ride in my future next weekend . . . . Let me know if you're around and want to ride end of next week/next weekend. I know it is a holiday weekend, and that may entail plans elsewhere, but let's see what ensues as time draws nearer.

Cheers,

Dave
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:43 PM   #15089
eddie98
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 616
I'm meeting a buddy in Chatsworth tomorrow 10am if anyone wants to ride, we'll be hitting Rock Creek first thing and the who knows.
Wachovia on 52 & 411
06 DL 650(gone) , 89 KLR 650(gone)
eddie98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:04 PM   #15090
lucky_strike
whose flux?

Oddometer: 2,654
just thought i would chime in here and say im on my way to new york to drink my kool aid

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=809561
lucky_strike is offline   Reply With Quote