ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2007, 09:26 AM   #166
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,597
Where/when do you guys want to meet? Looks like Coates is the ring-leader on this one? I don't know if the route would be classified as all "singletrack" though. Most forest roads are not singletrack. Seems like the Canada Creek area would be singletrack. The road to the firetower is singletrack straight up a mtn, then turn to double track.

The easiest place to meet might be Dale's. Just a suggestion. Looks like it will be a "Stay around Suches" kind of day.
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:51 AM   #167
Venturer
AKA klakeman

Oddometer: 686
Has anyone ridden the trail that heads off to the right just north of the cooper gap 4-way intersection lately? I think it eventually comes out on Gaddistown.

Kirk
'04 KTM 950; '11 KTM 350 XCF;
'08 KTM 250 XCF-W; '05 Montesa 250 4RT Trials
Venturer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:22 AM   #168
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by klakeman
Has anyone ridden the trail that heads off to the right just north of the cooper gap 4-way intersection lately? I think it eventually comes out on Gaddistown.
Everytime I go by myself that is a must. Went thru there last weekend on the way to Clayton. If I can get out this weekend count me in. I am a maybe at this point though. These trails are more for a few riders on weekdays. if you ask me. Not really some you want to tackle on a weekend with a large group. Just my thoughts.
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:25 AM   #169
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB
Everytime I go by myself that is a must. Went thru there last weekend on the way to Clayton. If I can get out this weekend count me in. I am a maybe at this point though. These trails are more for a few riders on weekdays. if you ask me. Not really some you want to tackle on a weekend with a large group. Just my thoughts.
I am having trouble picturing this spot in my mind. Give me a hand?
Old 01-23-2007, 11:35 AM   #170
SuchesRider
Just Do It!

Oddometer: 1,669
Who wants to meet at Dale's for their delicious breakfast buffet before heading out to ride on Sunday morning?
SuchesRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:38 AM   #171
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by flux_capacitor
I am having trouble picturing this spot in my mind. Give me a hand?
You have been riding rite by it. I will PM you. Don't want to have everyone riding it. They will be waiting for us so we they can tell us we are not suppose to be riding through there. SHEEEE!
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:16 PM   #172
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

SuchesRider- I might be able to do some breakfast. Let me get back to you for sure though.

GaDualheusysjslkhjkmnn- PM received and sent. The 2 of us need to do a weekday ride sometime soon.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:45 PM   #173
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,479
i don't know the trails real well i know how to get in there and out but can't get to the overlook accecpt by accident i agree with ga dualsport maybe if this group is getting to large we should try these with just a few guys on A WEEK DAY i am up for that if i get enough notice for a weekday

quote from 4runner "but,if you really need a 80/20 , which most of us do and won't admit it,"
kdscoates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:49 PM   #174
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer

flux check pm

quote from 4runner "but,if you really need a 80/20 , which most of us do and won't admit it,"
Old 01-23-2007, 12:58 PM   #175
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdscoates
flux check pm
Quit telling me what to do.

Old 01-23-2007, 01:31 PM   #176
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer

keep me in for sun morning till around 1:00 i am up for eating but would rather ride and catch lunch at dales but whatever works. are we still wanting to do the single track area in cc or what? i will also proably be riding sat but if no one is up for that i will street ride.

Old 01-23-2007, 02:33 PM   #177
GaThumper
Road Less Traveled

Oddometer: 509
Hey D.O.G.s We dropped by and met you guys at your camp at Warwoman a couple of weeks ago. Yellow DR650 and Red KLR250. We're planning to head up above Helen Saturday for a middle of the day ride, about 5-6 hours. I haven't ridden up there yet. We'll be checking out Tray Mountain, Chimney Mountain, Corbin Creek, Indian Grave Gap, maybe Mill Creek/Wildcat and/or over Bald mountain to Young Harris, just not sure how far we will get. Depends on how many roads/trails we spot that are not on my map! We're leaving home about 9-9:30 and meeting in Helen about 10:00 Saturday morning. Probably ride untill about 3:30 and then head on home before the temp drops too much. I'm working out the planned route this week.

Have any of you been up above Helen? Can you recommend anything not to miss? Anyone can feel free to join us if you want to, just let me know here and we'll work it out.

Would like to ride Canada Creek, that's on my radar along with the Nimberwill Gap, Winding Stair Gap, Rock Creek, Nootootley Creek, and other FS roads over that way.

Keep On Riding...
GaThumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:00 PM   #178
Dags
I'm not British

Oddometer: 1,240
Flux you never replied to my PM
Dags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:25 PM   #179
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dags
Flux you never replied to my PM
Done and done.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:55 PM   #180
Willy-B
onebudwiser

Oddometer: 7,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaThumper
Hey D.O.G.s We dropped by and met you guys at your camp at Warwoman a couple of weeks ago. Yellow DR650 and Red KLR250. We're planning to head up above Helen Saturday for a middle of the day ride, about 5-6 hours. I haven't ridden up there yet. We'll be checking out Tray Mountain, Chimney Mountain, Corbin Creek, Indian Grave Gap, maybe Mill Creek/Wildcat and/or over Bald mountain to Young Harris, just not sure how far we will get. Depends on how many roads/trails we spot that are not on my map! We're leaving home about 9-9:30 and meeting in Helen about 10:00 Saturday morning. Probably ride untill about 3:30 and then head on home before the temp drops too much. I'm working out the planned route this week.

Have any of you been up above Helen? Can you recommend anything not to miss? Anyone can feel free to join us if you want to, just let me know here and we'll work it out.

Would like to ride Canada Creek, that's on my radar along with the Nimberwill Gap, Winding Stair Gap, Rock Creek, Nootootley Creek, and other FS roads over that way.

Keep On Riding...
Nice meeting you at War Woman.

Tray mountain is a must. Not sure if I've ridden the others or not.

Have fun and be careful out there.

My theory, you only get one chance, go full fucking throttle, all the way, all the time.-Trip
Willy-B is offline   Reply With Quote