ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2011, 11:44 AM   #19276
phideaux
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Land View Post
You know, I think that I heard something about there being some old goats up that way recently.

Chris

Let me think on this for a few minutes before I make some smart ass reply.

Mrs. Phideaux to her octogenarian friend when the granny wants to know if she can sit on one of my bikes:

"It's Okay, they only fall over when HE'S on them."

North GA Tag-O-Rama Map
Georgia Tag-O-Rama Map
phideaux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:20 PM   #19277
DirtDabber
cultural illiterate

Oddometer: 7,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by phideaux View Post
Let me think on this for a few minutes before I make some smart ass reply.

It's time for my nap. I'll reply later.

Fixed.

I wonder where that road goes?
DirtDabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:32 PM   #19278
phideaux
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,220
I guess you missed the lessons on respecting your elders sonny-boy. I sure hope you teach your sons better!

Now get off my lawn!

Mrs. Phideaux to her octogenarian friend when the granny wants to know if she can sit on one of my bikes:

"It's Okay, they only fall over when HE'S on them."

North GA Tag-O-Rama Map
Georgia Tag-O-Rama Map
phideaux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:36 PM   #19279
DirtDabber
cultural illiterate

Weather's warming up. Ol Fido's getting cranky.

Old 03-04-2011, 02:23 PM   #19280
Fireman1000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,280
Did about 200 miles on the little WR Wednesday. Stopped at Capitol Cycle in Macon, and kicked tires a bit. They have a new 2008 FZ1 on the floor. I've hinted around a bit about letting it sit until they are ready to dump it. I believe they are at that point. $7,700 OTD. The FJR I rode was awesome, but I had a 2001 FZ1, and it was one of my favorite bikes. I know this is a dual sport thread, but does that price sound fair for a 3 year old new bike? For reference, used 08's with a few thousand miles are selling for $6,500 range.
Fireman1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 02:35 PM   #19281
DirtDabber
cultural illiterate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman1000 View Post
Did about 200 miles on the little WR Wednesday. Stopped at Capitol Cycle in Macon, and kicked tires a bit. They have a new 2008 FZ1 on the floor. I've hinted around a bit about letting it sit until they are ready to dump it. I believe they are at that point. $7,700 OTD. The FJR I rode was awesome, but I had a 2001 FZ1, and it was one of my favorite bikes. I know this is a dual sport thread, but does that price sound fair for a 3 year old new bike? For reference, used 08's with a few thousand miles are selling for $6,500 range.
Are used bikes selling for $6500 or the asking price is $6500. That is a big difference. Look at Ebay completed sales. Remember the second you sign your name your new bike is now worth the exactly the same as those used bikes. That said $7700 out the door puts you fairly close to the price of a used bike pruchased from a dealer and paying sales tax. Closer still if you have to put on a set of tires and pay sales tax.

Old 03-04-2011, 05:52 PM   #19282
Dirtysouth
Stud fee waived for noobs

Oddometer: 4,872
Quote:

Chad,

Is there any specific reason you want the new FZ1 over the earlier style that you had? I always liked the older models, although I have never ridden one, and think that they look a hell of a lot better than the current generation.

I guess the point that I am trying to make is whether or not you think the newer generation FZ1 is worth twice as much as the previous gen?
Dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:53 PM   #19283
mb90535im
'05 R1200 GS

Oddometer: 4,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheedle View Post
How long will she have to be wired?
Not sure, but we're hearing +/- 6 wks.

Man, long day. We had to be at the hospital at 5:30 this morning. She was under the knife right at 3 hrs. but did really good.

Thanks for the thoughts, prayers and suggestions everyone.

Looks like my riding is hampered the next couple of weeks. Rain this weekend? Bike goes in the shop next weekend, and I have to go to Dallas the next. But come April...
mb90535im is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:35 PM   #19284
Brown Dog
North Georgia Dual Sportr

Oddometer: 1,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by mile0321 View Post
Sup Dudes... the Duc is in the flea market...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=664800
Yo Elton,
Any Bites

I aint much help in the Streeters Dept . . . . most bikers I know roll on knobbie tired units
Brown Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:42 PM   #19285
Fireman1000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtysouth View Post
Chad,

Is there any specific reason you want the new FZ1 over the earlier style that you had? I always liked the older models, although I have never ridden one, and think that they look a hell of a lot better than the current generation.

I guess the point that I am trying to make is whether or not you think the newer generation FZ1 is worth twice as much as the previous gen?
Just something I've never had before. I really enjoyed the day I spent on my friends FJR. Honestly, I'm kind of tired of buying and selling bikes. I'm ready to find a bike that will fit for a few years.
Fireman1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:12 PM   #19286
Gallowbraid
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 828
So it's time to start looking for new shoes for the 250...anyone wanna give me a suggestion for a good 50/50 tire? Hmmm...maybe 70/30...60/40

90/90-21 Front
130/80-17 Rear

Thinking I like the sound of this and this Anyone have experience with those Duros?
Gallowbraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:25 PM   #19287
bluebye
Skin it back

Oddometer: 1,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallowbraid View Post
So it's time to start looking for new shoes for the 250...anyone wanna give me a suggestion for a good 50/50 tire? Hmmm...maybe 70/30...60/40

90/90-21 Front
130/80-17 Rear

Thinking I like the sound of this and this Anyone have experience with those Duros?
Duro rear is about 80/20 NEW. duro front is a street tire. 'bout like Trailwigs in those sizes.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:41 PM   #19288
Gallowbraid
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebye View Post
Duro rear is about 80/20 NEW. duro front is a street tire. 'bout like Trailwigs in those sizes.
Trailwings are on it now, also what was on the XL 125, liked em well enough in everything except mud. Got pretty good wear out of them, just wondering if these Duro's will last as long, they're less $.
Gallowbraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:46 PM   #19289
bluebye
Skin it back

Oddometer: 1,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallowbraid View Post
Trailwings are on it now, also what was on the XL 125, liked em well enough in everything except mud. Got pretty good wear out of them, just wondering if these Duro's will last as long, they're less $.
I got about 3500 on the rear, took the front off. 'Bout like Trailwings.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:48 AM   #19290
Dirtysouth
Stud fee waived for noobs

Oddometer: 4,872
Quote:
Just something I've never had before. I really enjoyed the day I spent on my friends FJR. Honestly, I'm kind of tired of buying and selling bikes. I'm ready to find a bike that will fit for a few years.
I hear you. I sold off the Scrambler last weekend and don't have any desire to buy anything else anytime soon. If you enjoyed the FJR, maybe try to find one of those. I'm pretty sure you can get a good deal on a used one, and it would work out better for you and the lady.
Dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote