ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2011, 06:04 AM   #20326
GaM
Beastly Adventurer
 
GaM's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Oddometer: 1,877
South Georgia trip report:

At first the dirt/sand was this color:


then there was pavement:


and then the dirt/sand turned this color:

GaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:25 AM   #20327
Land
Wanderer
 
Land's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Upstate SC
Oddometer: 3,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaM View Post
and then the dirt/sand turned this color:




You could lose wunna them KTMs there if you weren't careful.

Chris
__________________
I'm not lost. I'm explorin'.
"My dream is to live my life as best I can before I die, even if it kills me." -- Mr. Cob
"If you're on ADV and you're still anonymous, you're doing it wrong." -- Boondoggle
Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:01 AM   #20328
DirtDabber
cultural illiterate
 
DirtDabber's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Way, Way North GA
Oddometer: 7,908
Wow, that looks like it would be a mess in the rain.
__________________
.

I wonder where that road goes?
DirtDabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:10 AM   #20329
DirtDabber
cultural illiterate
 
DirtDabber's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Way, Way North GA
Oddometer: 7,908
Got up in the air yesterday

Mocassin Creek Lake Burton



Timpson Cove Lake Burton



Heavens Landing Airstrip.
__________________
.

I wonder where that road goes?
DirtDabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:29 AM   #20330
Mike Honcho
Got Beaver?
 
Mike Honcho's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: 90 MPH down a dead end road...
Oddometer: 2,360
Crane?




__________________
The secret to a long relationship: Keep the fights clean and the sex dirty.
Mike Honcho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:18 PM   #20331
Land
Wanderer
 
Land's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Upstate SC
Oddometer: 3,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtDabber View Post
Mocassin Creek Lake Burton
Wow.

Clay, I rode by your place Saturday (on 76) and Sunday (right through downtown Persimmon and out the creek road) going to and from the GA Mountain Rally. You shoulda bought a lottery ticket the day of those tornadoes.

Chris
__________________
I'm not lost. I'm explorin'.
"My dream is to live my life as best I can before I die, even if it kills me." -- Mr. Cob
"If you're on ADV and you're still anonymous, you're doing it wrong." -- Boondoggle
Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:36 PM   #20332
mb90535im
'05 R1200 GS
 
mb90535im's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: NW GA
Oddometer: 4,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Land View Post
Wow.

Clay, I rode by your place Saturday (on 76) and Sunday (right through downtown Persimmon and out the creek road) going to and from the GA Mountain Rally. You shoulda bought a lottery ticket the day of those tornadoes.

Chris

What time were you coming across the mountain between Clayton and Hiawassee Saturday? I think I might have met you as I was headed towards Clayton, maybe around 11:00 AM, but there were so many BMW's in the area it was hard to tell them apart.
__________________
"Dang man I'm impressed." - Willy-B
"Are you OK? ... Are you sure you're OK?" - Honcho
"Disturbing and funny, all at the same time." - MrTwisty
mb90535im is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:07 PM   #20333
Land
Wanderer
 
Land's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Upstate SC
Oddometer: 3,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb90535im View Post
What time were you coming across the mountain between Clayton and Hiawassee Saturday? I think I might have met you as I was headed towards Clayton, maybe around 11:00 AM, but there were so many BMW's in the area it was hard to tell them apart.
Mitch,
That timeframe is about right. I was on the 1200 and wearing my gray Santiago jacket.
This jacket:


Were you on Scarlett and riding alone? I remember waving at a red GS that was coming out of a curve. Maybe right at Popcorn Road?

Chris
__________________
I'm not lost. I'm explorin'.
"My dream is to live my life as best I can before I die, even if it kills me." -- Mr. Cob
"If you're on ADV and you're still anonymous, you're doing it wrong." -- Boondoggle
Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:29 PM   #20334
mb90535im
'05 R1200 GS
 
mb90535im's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: NW GA
Oddometer: 4,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Land View Post
Mitch,
That timeframe is about right. I was on the 1200 and wearing my gray Santiago jacket.
This jacket:


Were you on Scarlett and riding alone? I remember waving at a red GS that was coming out of a curve. Maybe right at Popcorn Road?

Chris
Yep, that was probably me. Funny, because earlier I had followed a guy into the fairgrounds on an 1150 that I could have sworn was you, then I got in there and realized just how many GS's were there.

I went out Warwoman to 28, up to Highlands, then back to Franklin and Murphy Saturday.

Didn't hang around at the fairgrounds very long, just long enough to check out the vendor section and decide that my head just really wasn't worth the price of one of those nice looking Schuberth lids that Bob brought up from Atlanta.
__________________
"Dang man I'm impressed." - Willy-B
"Are you OK? ... Are you sure you're OK?" - Honcho
"Disturbing and funny, all at the same time." - MrTwisty

mb90535im screwed with this post 05-05-2011 at 01:39 PM
mb90535im is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:42 PM   #20335
Land
Wanderer
 
Land's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Upstate SC
Oddometer: 3,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb90535im View Post
just long enough to check out the vendor section and decide that my head just really wasn't worth the price of one of those nice looking Schuberth lids that Bob brought up from Atlanta.
Man, those are some sweet helmets. I tried one on, but too rich for my blood right now.

I did finally get a Kermit chair, though. Sometimes, I feel like I'm becoming a cliche. Over 40. BMW. Aerostitch. Kermit chair. The Kermit is the only piece of PBF gear that I've bought new, though.

Chris
__________________
I'm not lost. I'm explorin'.
"My dream is to live my life as best I can before I die, even if it kills me." -- Mr. Cob
"If you're on ADV and you're still anonymous, you're doing it wrong." -- Boondoggle
Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:47 PM   #20336
GaM
Beastly Adventurer
 
GaM's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Oddometer: 1,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtDabber View Post
Wow, that looks like it would be a mess in the rain.
I was wondering about that, but it was mostly sand, and none of the roads had big ruts from rainy days like you find around here, they did have some wicked stutter bumps though.
GaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:51 PM   #20337
Brown Dog
North Georgia Dual Sportr
 
Brown Dog's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Calhoun, GA. USA
Oddometer: 1,939
Some footage from the Beaver

Im in the Blue Jacket on my 690 riding with some Lightweight Race Bikes

Thanks to KayaKTM for this Vid

]
Brown Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:53 PM   #20338
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB
Beastly Adventurer
 
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Acworth Georgia
Oddometer: 2,289
Enjoyed the Vid From KayakKTM

Hey Brown, looks like I missed out on a good time. I wish I had some helmet cam footage from AMP. We had a blast too!
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:24 PM   #20339
hardwaregrrl
ignore list
 
hardwaregrrl's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta
Oddometer: 7,188
Hey DOGS, got a Flatland Rd. question. Now Patty, don't kill me....but I rode Flatland on the ST today and had a blast. Super fun ass road, can't believe it took me so long to ride it, but did have a casualty. Bent the crap out of my header pipe which prevented me from downshifting. A big ass rock fixed that, and caused it all in one.! Anyway, I started off 180 and when you cross the 3 creek, which is the one you kind of ride down, I went straight across but I noticed a trail on the right. Just wondering where it goes...thx


hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:21 AM   #20340
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB
Beastly Adventurer
 
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Acworth Georgia
Oddometer: 2,289
Jenna, that will bring you back out on 180. Of course you'll have to know your way thru, because they have gated it from the Suches Creek road side. Last time I went thru there, you had to get around a bunch of downed trees and a few mounds to keep the jeeps out. You need to get that 2-smoker running, or go get one of Patty's bikes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwaregrrl View Post
Hey DOGS, got a Flatland Rd. question. Now Patty, don't kill me....but I rode Flatland on the ST today and had a blast. Super fun ass road, can't believe it took me so long to ride it, but did have a casualty. Bent the crap out of my header pipe which prevented me from downshifting. A big ass rock fixed that, and caused it all in one.! Anyway, I started off 180 and when you cross the 3 creek, which is the one you kind of ride down, I went straight across but I noticed a trail on the right. Just wondering where it goes...thx


GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014