ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2007, 06:17 AM   #226
flyboy66
xr250L, needs piston!

Oddometer: 5
thanks for the replys

Hey guys thanks for the replies.(was looking for someone to bore a jug).. I look forward to riding with yall when I get it back together. Back in the day every cycle shop could bore a jug. I guess that has all changed. I did finally find a guy in carrolton that could do it. I will let yall know how it turns out.
I almost just bought a new xr650 at shop yesterday when I was picking up parts. It looks to be the same bike. no changes since 94? Is it worth it to fix a 94 xr650l.... Mitt
flyboy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 06:20 AM   #227
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,617
Looks like we may see some snow on the ground Sunday when we get to higher elevations. Dress WARM! Watch for ice. Gonna get damn COLD tonight, + a 70% chance of rain tonight. No rain in the forecast really for Sunday though, which is a good thing! Monday is gonna be an overnight low of NINETEEN DEGREES!!!

Keep in mind that we are rendezvousing (is that a word?) with Suches Rider at Dales b/twn 9:30 and 10. There is NO truck parking at Cranes store. If ya plan on trucking, I'd park at Thunder Rd and ride the rest of the way to Dales. If anyone needs info, let me know.
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 06:22 AM   #228
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy66
Hey guys thanks for the replies.(was looking for someone to bore a jug).. I look forward to riding with yall when I get it back together. Back in the day every cycle shop could bore a jug. I guess that has all changed. I did finally find a guy in carrolton that could do it. I will let yall know how it turns out.
I almost just bought a new xr650 at shop yesterday when I was picking up parts. It looks to be the same bike. no changes since 94? Is it worth it to fix a 94 xr650l.... Mitt
I do think they are basically the same. I don't actually see many XR650's here for some reason. How much will the job cost you? That would determine if it is worth it to fix it.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:32 AM   #229
Willy-B
onebudwiser

Oddometer: 7,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by flux_capacitor
Looks like we may see some snow on the ground Sunday when we get to higher elevations. Dress WARM! Watch for ice. Gonna get damn COLD tonight, + a 70% chance of rain tonight. No rain in the forecast really for Sunday though, which is a good thing! Monday is gonna be an overnight low of NINETEEN DEGREES!!!

Keep in mind that we are rendezvousing (is that a word?) with Suches Rider at Dales b/twn 9:30 and 10. There is NO truck parking at Cranes store. If ya plan on trucking, I'd park at Thunder Rd and ride the rest of the way to Dales. If anyone needs info, let me know.
Perfect riding weather.

My theory, you only get one chance, go full fucking throttle, all the way, all the time.-Trip
Willy-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 06:39 AM   #230
Willy-B
onebudwiser

Hey, Flux. Did you get those new tires mounted?

My theory, you only get one chance, go full fucking throttle, all the way, all the time.-Trip
Old 01-27-2007, 06:44 AM   #231
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy-B
Hey, Flux. Did you get those new tires mounted?
Hey Billy!

We got the rear done yesterday. We figured out the "ISDE" method of putting the tire inside the rim then simply lifting the tire out. It is WAY easy this way. I have read reports of guys changing tires in FOUR MINUTES this way. It took a bit to figure it out but now that we did, next time should be smooth sailing. We gotta get the front on tonight, along with a chain and sprocket set (going up 2 teeth in the rear). Wish I had a chain breaker. I asked the shop to cut it down (and they did...I watched them) but the damn thing is still 3 links too long. Gotta work on that later today.

Gonna install my heated grips, too. It's about time for that, methinks. Pulling the bars closer in as well while I am at it. I am so damn tall it is hard to find the right configuration, even with bar risers. I got a new clutch lever put on too which should help me out as well.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:48 AM   #232
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

I got a new trail to show you guys on the way to the first section, now that hunting season is over.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:03 AM   #233
Willy-B
onebudwiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by flux_capacitor
Hey Billy!

We got the rear done yesterday. We figured out the "ISDE" method of putting the tire inside the rim then simply lifting the tire out. It is WAY easy this way. I have read reports of guys changing tires in FOUR MINUTES this way. It took a bit to figure it out but now that we did, next time should be smooth sailing. We gotta get the front on tonight, along with a chain and sprocket set (going up 2 teeth in the rear). Wish I had a chain breaker. I asked the shop to cut it down (and they did...I watched them) but the damn thing is still 3 links too long. Gotta work on that later today.

Gonna install my heated grips, too. It's about time for that, methinks. Pulling the bars closer in as well while I am at it. I am so damn tall it is hard to find the right configuration, even with bar risers. I got a new clutch lever put on too which should help me out as well.
Sounds like you did quite a bit of work, nice!

Did you go with the Dunlop d606's?

Old 01-27-2007, 07:19 AM   #234
lucky_strike
whose flux?

Oddometer: 2,725
yup, the dunlops 606's and do they look meen!!!! it has influenced me to look into buying some, wish i had time to get them before sunday, oh well. i may have to pick up a mt21 for now. flux, can you please check my tire size for me? thanks.

its all we need is and already fast flux, with new traction front and rear, new sprockets 2 teeth up, and a clutfch lever. should be fun trying to catch him,,,it'll be like a rabbid mountain lion with a thorn in his peter.

snow and ice..!!!! hell yes!!! i hope the creek is frozen solid.

billy and coates.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=809561
lucky_strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 07:43 AM   #235
Willy-B
onebudwiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_strike
yup, the dunlops 606's and do they look meen!!!! it has influenced me to look into buying some, wish i had time to get them before sunday, oh well. i may have to pick up a mt21 for now. flux, can you please check my tire size for me? thanks.

its all we need is and already fast flux, with new traction front and rear, new sprockets 2 teeth up, and a clutfch lever. should be fun trying to catch him,,,it'll be like a rabbid mountain lion with a thorn in his peter.

snow and ice..!!!! hell yes!!! i hope the creek is frozen solid.

billy and coates.
Morning, Lucky.

I'll say he should be up front tomorrow with a set of fresh tires no doubt. He was lightning on a set of slicks last ride, I can't even begin to imagine what he'll be like tomorrow.

Old 01-27-2007, 07:49 AM   #236
lucky_strike
whose flux?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy-B
Morning, Lucky.

I'll say he should be up front tomorrow with a set of fresh tires no doubt. He was lightning on a set of slicks last ride, I can't even begin to imagine what he'll be like tomorrow.
I HERE YA MAN! hell he might even be as fast as a

ha ha ha , just playin flux

Old 01-27-2007, 08:00 AM   #237
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,506
new trail cool!! i just have to make sure i am back for little mans party even if one of you guys have to carry me bitch!!!

quote from 4runner "but,if you really need a 80/20 , which most of us do and won't admit it,"
kdscoates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 08:10 AM   #238
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

The new trail ain't hard. It is fun though. No big hillclimbs. No river crossings. It leads to the "First Section." See ya tomorrow!
Old 01-27-2007, 08:55 AM   #239
lucky_strike
whose flux?

NOW THIS IS COOL!!!!

lucky_strike screwed with this post 01-27-2007 at 09:01 AM
Old 01-27-2007, 03:30 PM   #240
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,506
your a violent man since you moved to our wonderful community

quote from 4runner "but,if you really need a 80/20 , which most of us do and won't admit it,"
kdscoates is offline   Reply With Quote