ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2007, 02:31 PM   #241
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by flux_capacitor
The new trail ain't hard. It is fun though. No big hillclimbs. No river crossings. It leads to the "First Section." See ya tomorrow!
hill climbs will be the words of the day!!

quote from 4runner "but,if you really need a 80/20 , which most of us do and won't admit it,"
kdscoates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 02:34 PM   #242
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer

hey guys just got my bro in law a rt from bobby jr now i need a good dual sport proably drz or dr or maybe a klr needs to be cheap 2000 or so keep your ears out

man i rode that rt for him since he is still in fla and what a great bike!!

and kudos to bobby jr for a fair and honest deal!!

quote from 4runner "but,if you really need a 80/20 , which most of us do and won't admit it,"
Old 01-27-2007, 02:45 PM   #243
lucky_strike
whose flux?

Oddometer: 2,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdscoates
hey guys just got my bro in law a rt from bobby jr now i need a good dual sport proably drz or dr or maybe a klr needs to be cheap 2000 or so keep your ears out

man i rode that rt for him since he is still in fla and what a great bike!!

and kudos to bobby jr for a fair and honest deal!!
ILL SELL YOU THE XR FOR 2000.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=809561
lucky_strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 03:34 PM   #244
SuchesRider
Just Do It!

Oddometer: 1,669
I am looking forward to hooking up with you guys in the morning. Please don't get frostbite on the way to Dale's. After reading y'alls comments now for the past couple of weeks, it will be a real hoot to meet & ride with you.
SuchesRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 03:57 PM   #245
Willy-B
onebudwiser

Oddometer: 7,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchesRider
I am looking forward to hooking up with you guys in the morning. Please don't get frostbite on the way to Dale's. After reading y'alls comments now for the past couple of weeks, it will be a real hoot to meet & ride with you.
Me too!

We'll be fine.

Lookin' forward to meetin' a new adv'r that last situation really gave our group a bad rap but you'll be okay, I promise.

Sir Flux and KDCcoaxialflingyawheel, or however the fuck you spell that long screen name, really know the area well and it's always a pleasure to explore the deep woods with the two of them so don't worry.

If y'all own a camera, bring it. My pictures suck.

That is all.

My theory, you only get one chance, go full fucking throttle, all the way, all the time.-Trip
Willy-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 04:26 PM   #246
Venturer
AKA klakeman

Oddometer: 686
Planning to trailer to Thunder Road. Are we meeting there, or at Crane's for the ride over to Dale's? Meeting time 8:30?

Kirk
'04 KTM 950; '11 KTM 350 XCF;
'08 KTM 250 XCF-W; '05 Montesa 250 4RT Trials
Venturer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 04:50 PM   #247
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by klakeman
Planning to trailer to Thunder Road. Are we meeting there, or at Crane's for the ride over to Dale's? Meeting time 8:30?
cranes and not a minute after 8:30 or we won't make it to suches in time

can't wait to see ya guys

c'mon lucky what would you get and he has gotta have elec start!! after all it is the year 2007

Old 01-27-2007, 04:57 PM   #248
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer

roll call on who is gonna be at cranes

flux
lucky
willy b
klakeman
me
and the great,the one and only,sheep boy,kangaroo lover ,the biggest cu#t of all cu@t's dags

and at chef dales is suches rider!! anyone else we should look for speak up or we are gone like the wind from cranes at 8:30 and dales arrival around 9:30 and depart no later than 10:00 if this is different just let me know but i believe this is the plan!!

can't wait to see ya flux

oh yeah lucky your after a killer ain;t ya!!

Old 01-27-2007, 05:06 PM   #249
tennisman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 161
Laugh

Good luck tomorrow, guys! I'm gonna bow out 'cause the forecast is hi of 36, lo of 12, snow flurries. Better pack the snowshoes as well

Lance
tennisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 05:06 PM   #250
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer

hey willy go to the test rode a klr today thread and eat that guys lunch for him
thanks

Old 01-27-2007, 05:33 PM   #251
Willy-B
onebudwiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisman
Good luck tomorrow, guys! I'm gonna bow out 'cause the forecast is hi of 36, lo of 12, snow flurries. Better pack the snowshoes as well

Lance
Damn, Lance.

This is like the second or third ride in a row you have bowed down to because of weather....after you already said you'd go .Wanna sell that bike? It ain't 85 and sunny everyday of the year.

My theory, you only get one chance, go full fucking throttle, all the way, all the time.-Trip
Old 01-27-2007, 05:41 PM   #252
tennisman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 161
Talking

Yeah, I know... it's just that when it's snowing inside my goggles I can't see where the hell I'm going

Went riding today out at Paulding Forest WMA; fun place to go, lotsa mud and rough jeep trails. Guy in a new Jeep asks me if I know where "mud holes" are (we're on gravel road at the time). I say "follow me" and lead him to the WMA mud road. I take off and come back later, he's got her buried to the axles and is walking in 18 inches of mud to haul his winch line to a tree. He gets out with his winch and is laughing the whole time.

Me, I'm sticking to two wheels, so no, the "Kwacker" is not for sale.

Lance
tennisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 05:50 PM   #253
Willy-B
onebudwiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdscoates
hey willy go to the test rode a klr today thread and eat that guys lunch for him
thanks
Keep an eye on this.

Old 01-27-2007, 05:57 PM   #254
Willy-B
onebudwiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisman
Yeah, I know... it's just that when it's snowing inside my goggles I can't see where the hell I'm going

Went riding today out at Paulding Forest WMA; fun place to go, lotsa mud and rough jeep trails. Guy in a new Jeep asks me if I know where "mud holes" are (we're on gravel road at the time). I say "follow me" and lead him to the WMA mud road. I take off and come back later, he's got her buried to the axles and is walking in 18 inches of mud to haul his winch line to a tree. He gets out with his winch and is laughing the whole time.

Me, I'm sticking to two wheels, so no, the "Kwacker" is not for sale.

Lance
Well.....Glad you got out and had some fun today while I was working around the house.

When things cool down, let me know. I'd love to ride with you again.

Old 01-27-2007, 06:08 PM   #255
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer

hey guys just a heads up i am pretty sure cranes will be closed tommorow so gas up before you get there or have enough to get to dales