ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 04:48 PM   #25876
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,289
Brian, loved the video! Maybe some rim locks and some testing on how much air pressure would be good for as hard as you were pushing that pig. If you train all week on that, then race that 250. The 250 will feel like a mtn. bike. Trail rider class looked like a conga line.

Jeff, Jeff, and Brian it was good to put a face with the screen names and nice to meet you guys as well.

Sean good to see you again, and looked like the Dogs were well represented. Maybe next time we can get a chicken farmer and Bobby to come ride the ADV class.

Thanks to Andrew and Acme Rider Supply for giving me a chance to try out the Sweet new Rekluse and fastway pegs on his tricked out 450.

Remember the fallen, glad to help. Did you skip the first part of the ride?
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:22 AM   #25877
fastdirt505
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Thanks yall! From to Al tuna to Brown Dog and everyone else. Soinds like Highland Park is gonna do the next one around Feb. 1st. Im on my phone at work so I cant elaborate. I did see the Acme 450EXC flyin around the MX track with certain ripper on it. Very cool...even snuck in a little filming. Would have loved to film the HP2 flying over those GP style jumps. Very impressive. I will say if anyone wants ride hard as hell and train for the upcoming SORCS and HP races get in touch. Dont be shy. Im getting the course on my property stretched out along with grading in the little track. Also know a good training place not far from Atlanta.
fastdirt505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:20 AM   #25878
Gallowbraid
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 834
Where to go today....

You think mud is a good paint protector
Winterizing just means putting a tarp over it till tomorrow
You hit Home Depot and Tractor Supply for parts before you go to the motorcycle shop.
Every time you look at anything square shaped you think "Could that be a pannier?"
You like humvees and hate H2's
You've gone into an Army Surplus store to look for riding gear.

Gallowbraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:38 AM   #25879
hardwaregrrl
ignore list

Oddometer: 7,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdirt505 View Post
Thanks yall! From to Al tuna to Brown Dog and everyone else. Soinds like Highland Park is gonna do the next one around Feb. 1st. Im on my phone at work so I cant elaborate. I did see the Acme 450EXC flyin around the MX track with certain ripper on it. Very cool...even snuck in a little filming. Would have loved to film the HP2 flying over those GP style jumps. Very impressive. I will say if anyone wants ride hard as hell and train for the upcoming SORCS and HP races get in touch. Dont be shy. Im getting the course on my property stretched out along with grading in the little track. Also know a good training place not far from Atlanta.
DAmn!!!! I fookin' tired just watching that video!!!! I ain't shy, and would love to get in some training. I'm in Atlanta and wondering what training place you're refering to near Atlanta. Thanks!
hardwaregrrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:39 PM   #25880
Dirtysouth
Stud fee waived for noobs

Oddometer: 4,913
Fluxie. Here is the general route I was talking about. Right now, we're thinking we'll be leaving out Feb.7th (Thursday) after work, and arriving back on the 14th give or take a day. The route isn't set in stone, but it gives you a general idea. You'll have to wear your big girl panties for this one.

Even Chris is talking about coming down out of the hills to meet up with us somewhere along the route.
Dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:59 PM   #25881
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB
Beastly Adventurer

enjoy

http://youtu.be/8xfpU0yIpG4 If this doesn't make you want to go ride, then something is wrong!
Old 12-04-2012, 05:09 PM   #25882
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB
Beastly Adventurer

one for you road guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZsauPix17c I've got to get back on a bike soon or I'm going to go crazy.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:16 PM   #25883
Al Tuna
PUI... Deal with it

Oddometer: 12,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB View Post
http://youtu.be/8xfpU0yIpG4 If this doesn't make you want to go ride, then something is wrong!
Well Yeah... All except the endo over the logs near the end. Ouch!

Under construction
Al Tuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:34 PM   #25884
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB
Beastly Adventurer

I hear ya, now where is BrownDog?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Tuna View Post
Well Yeah... All except the endo over the logs near the end. Ouch!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:38 PM   #25885
Cactus Dave
Born to Argue

Oddometer: 691
Thanks for the vids.
Cactus Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:40 PM   #25886
MrTwisty
Short Bus Cowboy

Oddometer: 2,105
Quote:
That was awesome...ala Any Given Sunday. I had the pleasure to ride TellicoCamper's tagged 300EXC and it was bad ass. I don't know how he got it tagged, but it's a gem.
TBA #1001
"Life is too short to be a candy ass." - RuffJeep
'12 Yamaha Super Tenere, '05 KTM 450 EXC. '03 Suzuki DRZ 400S
MrTwisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:57 PM   #25887
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,516
Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZsauPix17c I've got to get back on a bike soon or I'm going to go crazy.
Isle of mann is the shit period!!! This is my dream vacation!!!!

Imagine if we could get the state of georgia to shut down the loop for a race!!!!!!

quote from 4runner "but,if you really need a 80/20 , which most of us do and won't admit it,"
kdscoates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:53 AM   #25888
SpeedyR
SE in the SE

Oddometer: 843
HP Hare Scramble

another view (albeit a bit slower) of parts of the race as well. camera was pointed too low (I'm used to the chest mount on my 450), and I got hosed at the start with mud from the HP2e, so there's a nice blob on the lens.. but at least it's another aspect of the race. Like I said I need to be more aggressive in my passing, I just rode around till I had a good spot to pass.

But it was fun and i'll be back for more. This was my second off road race, and have only had the 950 about a month or two so far. stupid fun.

SpeedyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:30 PM   #25889
MrTwisty
Short Bus Cowboy

Oddometer: 2,105
Gonna to ride the Cohutta's this Sunday if anybody is interested. I'll be 2-up on the Tenere, so I will be slow.
TBA #1001
"Life is too short to be a candy ass." - RuffJeep
'12 Yamaha Super Tenere, '05 KTM 450 EXC. '03 Suzuki DRZ 400S

MrTwisty screwed with this post 12-05-2012 at 01:14 PM
MrTwisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:47 PM   #25890
GaM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyR View Post
another view (albeit a bit slower) of parts of the race as well. camera was pointed too low (I'm used to the chest mount on my 450), and I got hosed at the start with mud from the HP2e, so there's a nice blob on the lens.. but at least it's another aspect of the race. Like I said I need to be more aggressive in my passing, I just rode around till I had a good spot to pass.

But it was fun and i'll be back for more. This was my second off road race, and have only had the 950 about a month or two so far. stupid fun.

That guy should have been black flagged for roosting your camera at the start.
GaM is offline   Reply With Quote