ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 05:21 PM   #25891
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer
 
kdscoates's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: dahlonega,ga
Oddometer: 3,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtysouth View Post
Fluxie. Here is the general route I was talking about. Right now, we're thinking we'll be leaving out Feb.7th (Thursday) after work, and arriving back on the 14th give or take a day. The route isn't set in stone, but it gives you a general idea. You'll have to wear your big girl panties for this one.

Even Chris is talking about coming down out of the hills to meet up with us somewhere along the route.

did a little tweaking on this route!!! fluxie you need to do this one It is sure to be a not too miss event
__________________
Quote from Pj "if loud pipes save lives imagine what learning to ride that thing would do!!!"

quote from 4runner "but,if you really need a 80/20 , which most of us do and won't admit it,"
kdscoates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:17 PM   #25892
Brown Dog
North Georgia Dual Sportr
 
Brown Dog's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Calhoun, GA. USA
Oddometer: 1,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB View Post
I hear ya, now where is BrownDog?
I'm still Lustin' over a 300XC but no fundage

Nice vids Crane
Brown Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:00 PM   #25893
presidio94
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Northeast GA.
Oddometer: 65
2005 300 EXC For Sale

Judobiker is gonna be mad at me but I gotta see if there might be any interest in this bike. Thought I would give the DOGs first shot at it. Will probably go to GA offroad, and craigslist next week. Anyway, this is a bike I traded my 400 exc for this past summer. Had a nasty getoff not long after at Parsons Mountain...didn't do anything to the bike but I was laid up with 3 broken ribs for awhile and haven't rode it much since. This bike deserves to be ridden not sittin. I have gotten into mountain biking now and need funds for that so....2005 300 exc. The previous owner rebuilt the top end last summer (has maybe 15 - 20 hrs. on it since rebuild), and had suspension tuned by EE. Comes with the scotts steering stabilizer. The only thing i've done to it is replace the water pump seal and replaced the large clutch cover and gasket, put a rear grab strap on it, new sdg tall soft seat with a 1inch bump to help keep you forward (also have the stock seat that comes with it), and recently installed a like new FMF silencer from a 2008 300., and just recently put a new air filter, plug, and changed the gear oil. I run amsoil dominator at 50:1, and 80w Gear Saver in the box. It has acebris handguards, tm designs chain guide, scotts stabilizer, FMF gnarly pipe, Stealth sproket combo, everything is in good working order. The bike flat rips! It has great low end tork and eye popping power when you get into the powerband. Its a great "point and shoot" woods bike but not for the faint of heart. $2500 firm and I will throw in 3/4 of a gallon of Amsoil Dominator mix, quart of gear saver, and the stock seat....keeping all my gear cause I intend on getting back into the dual sport game at some point. Sorry I don't have a title for this bike...bill of sale only.







Thanks for looking. Send me a text or call (706) 491-6627
Chad
__________________
97 DR 650 (gone)
04 KTM 400 exc (gone)
05 KTM 300 exc (gone and badly missed)
2011 Gas Gas EC 300
presidio94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:44 PM   #25894
judobiker
Gnarly Adventurer
 
judobiker's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: NEGA
Oddometer: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by presidio94 View Post
Judobiker is gonna be mad at me but I gotta see if there might be any interest in this bike. Thought I would give the DOGs first shot at it. Will probably go to GA offroad, and craigslist next week. Anyway, this is a bike I traded my 400 exc for this past summer. Had a nasty getoff not long after at Parsons Mountain...didn't do anything to the bike but I was laid up with 3 broken ribs for awhile and haven't rode it much since. This bike deserves to be ridden not sittin. I have gotten into mountain biking now and need funds for that so....2005 300 exc. The previous owner rebuilt the top end last summer (has maybe 15 - 20 hrs. on it since rebuild), and had suspension tuned by EE. Comes with the scotts steering stabilizer. The only thing i've done to it is replace the water pump seal and replaced the large clutch cover and gasket, put a rear grab strap on it, new sdg tall soft seat with a 1inch bump to help keep you forward (also have the stock seat that comes with it), and recently installed a like new FMF silencer from a 2008 300., and just recently put a new air filter, plug, and changed the gear oil. I run amsoil dominator at 50:1, and 80w Gear Saver in the box. It has acebris handguards, tm designs chain guide, scotts stabilizer, FMF gnarly pipe, Stealth sproket combo, everything is in good working order. The bike flat rips! It has great low end tork and eye popping power when you get into the powerband. Its a great "point and shoot" woods bike but not for the faint of heart. $2500 firm and I will throw in 3/4 of a gallon of Amsoil Dominator mix, quart of gear saver, and the stock seat....keeping all my gear cause I intend on getting back into the dual sport game at some point. Sorry I don't have a title for this bike...bill of sale only.







Thanks for looking. Send me a text or call (706) 491-6627
Chad
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Don't do it!
__________________
"How narrow and difficult the road that leads to life, and few find it" (Matt 7:14)

'05 Bandit 1200, '01 DRZ400, '95DR125, '01 KDX200
judobiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:26 PM   #25895
presidio94
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Northeast GA.
Oddometer: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by judobiker View Post
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Don't do it!
Sorry man...i don't want to and don't really have to rightnow but would be willing to let it go for that price. Are you able to ride yet or still need a couple more weeks?
__________________
97 DR 650 (gone)
04 KTM 400 exc (gone)
05 KTM 300 exc (gone and badly missed)
2011 Gas Gas EC 300
presidio94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:57 AM   #25896
judobiker
Gnarly Adventurer
 
judobiker's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: NEGA
Oddometer: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by presidio94 View Post
Sorry man...i don't want to and don't really have to rightnow but would be willing to let it go for that price. Are you able to ride yet or still need a couple more weeks?
My follow up is on the 18th. I hope to be cleared to ride then!
__________________
"How narrow and difficult the road that leads to life, and few find it" (Matt 7:14)

'05 Bandit 1200, '01 DRZ400, '95DR125, '01 KDX200
judobiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:50 AM   #25897
MrTwisty
Short Bus Cowboy
 
MrTwisty's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Calhoun, GA
Oddometer: 2,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by judobiker View Post
My follow up is on the 18th. I hope to be cleared to ride then!
What happened to you Charlie? You didn't have a get-off too did you?
__________________
TBA #1001
"Life is too short to be a candy ass." - RuffJeep
'12 Yamaha Super Tenere, '05 KTM 450 EXC. '03 Suzuki DRZ 400S
MrTwisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:41 AM   #25898
marshy19
Georgia Clay
 
marshy19's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Cumming, GA
Oddometer: 18
New bike KTM 690

Hey Dogs,
Just picked up my new stead, KTM 690, in San Francisco and rode it home over Thanksgiving.

I've got an open weekend and would love to hit the mountains. Anybody interested in riding Saturday and/or Sunday. After riding the beast for 3000 miles, I'm ready to ride it on some Georgia dirt.
__________________
Marshy19
2008 KTM 690 Enduro

Looking for the next perfect trail...
marshy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:15 AM   #25899
Cactus Dave
Born to Argue
 
Cactus Dave's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Talking Rock, Ga
Oddometer: 691
Let me understand this: you rode a KTM 690 from san Francisco, CA to Atlanta, GA?
Cactus Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:21 AM   #25900
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion
 
BlueLghtning's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Newnan, GA
Oddometer: 4,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Dave View Post
Let me understand this: you rode a KTM 690 from san Francisco, CA to Atlanta, GA?
That's what I was wondering? That dwarfs my riding a KLX650R from Detroit, Michigan to GA some years back, and I thought that was tough!
- The hard way to get what you really want
__________________
BlueLghtning - Follow me on my SPOT Messenger
Mine: 09 DL650, 08 WR250R,
Hers: 07 Ninja 650R, 13 CRF250L,
Smugmug Pics - Save $5 <-- Click Here
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:24 AM   #25901
DirtDabber
cultural illiterate
 
DirtDabber's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Way, Way North GA
Oddometer: 7,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Dave View Post
Let me understand this: you rode a KTM 690 from san Francisco, CA to Atlanta, GA?

There's NOT anything wrong with that.
__________________
.

I wonder where that road goes?
DirtDabber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:19 AM   #25902
marshy19
Georgia Clay
 
marshy19's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Cumming, GA
Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Dave View Post
Let me understand this: you rode a KTM 690 from san Francisco, CA to Atlanta, GA?
Yep! Around 3000 miles. Here I am heading out from San Francisco.


Day 1 San Francisco to Santa Cruz, CA (only had 2 hours of ride time)
Day 2: Santa Cruz, CA to Yuppa Valley, CA (Highway 1 need I say more!!!)
Day 3: Yuppa Valley, CA to Las Cruces, NM
Day 4: Las Cruces, NM to Whitney, TX (my parents house)
Day 5: Off celebrating Turkey Day with family
Day 6: Whitney, TX to Greenwood, MS
Day 7: Greenwood, MS to Atlanta, GA

The bike was AWESOME even at 95mph on Highway 1 in Cali. Ok just one very open, downhill, straight stretch and it really surprised me when I looked at the speedo. Oh and first bike I've had with a speedo and tach. Guess it helps with all those tall tales (I was doing 150mph on my son's KTM50 minibike in a 30mph headwind...)

I've been tardy on finishing my ride report but here is the start of it:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...2#post20190712
__________________
Marshy19
2008 KTM 690 Enduro

Looking for the next perfect trail...

marshy19 screwed with this post 12-06-2012 at 11:30 AM
marshy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:29 AM   #25903
marshy19
Georgia Clay
 
marshy19's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Cumming, GA
Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLghtning View Post
That's what I was wondering? That dwarfs my riding a KLX650R from Detroit, Michigan to GA some years back, and I thought that was tough!
- The hard way to get what you really want
BlueLghtning: Guess I'm not the only crazy one!! Nice report!
__________________
Marshy19
2008 KTM 690 Enduro

Looking for the next perfect trail...
marshy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #25904
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion
 
BlueLghtning's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Newnan, GA
Oddometer: 4,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshy19 View Post
BlueLghtning: Guess I'm not the only crazy one!! Nice report!
Yeah, guess not. I'll be looking forward to your report. Funny thing I did mine around Thanksgiving also! Must be something in the air around that time!
__________________
BlueLghtning - Follow me on my SPOT Messenger
Mine: 09 DL650, 08 WR250R,
Hers: 07 Ninja 650R, 13 CRF250L,
Smugmug Pics - Save $5 <-- Click Here
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:25 PM   #25905
Brown Dog
North Georgia Dual Sportr
 
Brown Dog's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Calhoun, GA. USA
Oddometer: 1,939
I have the exact same bike & jacket & love them, but I'd hate to know I had to ride it on a 3,000 mile trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshy19 View Post
Yep! Around 3000 miles. Here I am heading out from San Francisco.
Brown Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014