ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 08:15 AM   #26266
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,289
I like this guy. Arod I'll be glad to give you the Dollar and baby sit it for ya!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtybikefrank View Post
Arod

I've been married 3x so I'm really qualified to answer this one. Get it now. Then when it all falls apart you can sell it to a buddy for $1....THEN buy it back after the divorce for $1! You have no idea the perma grin you'll have every time you ride that $1 9-fiddy! Braaaaaap! Best therapy there is....
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:16 AM   #26267
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,289
Bummer Dags. So you liked the bike?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dags View Post
I sold the 530 because i tore my ACL in the left knee. I really need to get it fixed before i get back to riding on the dirt .......... but i'm bored
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:30 AM   #26268
SuchesRider
Just Do It!

Oddometer: 1,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARod2000 View Post
I have a confession to make - I'm really jonesing for a 950SE lately. Getting married in April. Not sure if the end of bachelorhood is driving my desire. Finances are good for a bike purchase but who wants to explain that to a bride-to-be when we have a wedd'n to pay for, house needs painting, needs new hvac, oh yeah a honeymoon too. Great. Someone give me a metric shit-ton of money please. What to do, what to do?
Speaking from a female perspective..... ...... My experience has been to be honest and keep/maintain a high trust level. Since you already know going into the marriage that you have an appetite/passion for motorcycling (particularly high end expensive dirtbikes), your girlfriend/wife needs to understand that up front. Even if you were not buying another bike (which we all do at some point), she needs to understand the amount of time you spend talking about, riding, working on, and lusting after motorcycles.In an ideal situation she would have the same love of motorcycling (which I have been extremely grateful to have found) or another hobby where she spends a good deal of her time. If she doesn't understand that before you get married, I would look for someone else because you are already headed for trouble.
Just my 2 cents SR
Old 01-03-2013, 09:42 AM   #26269
juniorsktm
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 823
bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchesRider View Post
Speaking from a female perspective..... ...... My experience has been to be honest and keep/maintain a high trust level. Since you already know going into the marriage that you have an appetite/passion for motorcycling (particularly high end expensive dirtbikes), your girlfriend/wife needs to understand that up front. Even if you were not buying another bike (which we all do at some point), she needs to understand the amount of time you spend talking about, riding, working on, and lusting after motorcycles.In an ideal situation she would have the same love of motorcycling (which I have been extremely grateful to have found) or another hobby where she spends a good deal of her time. If she doesn't understand that before you get married, I would look for someone else because you are already headed for trouble.
Just my 2 cents SR
Arod,

Patty is saying the same thing we are, just in a more articulate mature and intelligent way!

Get the bike!

Also, over 50% of marriages end in divorce. Zero percent of bikes leave you cause your an asshole.......I like the odds better with the bike!

(Love you Patty!)
Old 01-03-2013, 09:48 AM   #26270
knybanjo
kinda slow

Oddometer: 23,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by juniorsktm View Post
Arod,

Patty is saying the same thing we are, just in a more articulate mature and intelligent way!

Get the bike!

Also, over 50% of marriages end in divorce. Zero percent of bikes leave you cause your an asshole.......I like the odds better with the bike!

(Love you Patty!)
Ummmm I think Dags may be in that Zero percentile.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:50 AM   #26271
knybanjo
kinda slow

Oddometer: 23,588
Old 01-03-2013, 10:30 AM   #26272
Al Tuna
PUI... Deal with it

Oddometer: 12,656
31 years with my dream girl.... she don't care what I ride! Ex plane to me again why I need an ugly ass orange bike? I think most of the conversation in here belongs in KTM world or the fuckin garage.

Bunch a dumb asses... sept Patty.

Under construction
Al Tuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:47 AM   #26273
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 5,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Tuna View Post
Bunch a dumb asses... sept Patty.
Wisdom. She has it in spades.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:57 AM   #26274
Dirtysouth
Stud fee waived for noobs

Oddometer: 4,913
If a woman or anyone for that matter trys to tell you what you can or can not do, I wouldn't want to be with them. I'm not saying there shouldn't be any compromise in a relationship, but as long as you work and everything is in order, buy it. You have to remember though that it's a two way street. I don't say anything when momma bear comes home with a new purse or shoes. The owners at the Jewelry store know me pretty well also.

Marriage isn't all that bad. We celebrate our 10 year anniversary in a couple of weeks and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. My wife has to keep me in check at times, but I'll be the first to admit that I need someone to keep me reeled in.
Dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:06 PM   #26275
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,948
My wife Sarah (GypsyAngel) is always reminding me I have it so good when she see's threads like this. Her favorite saying is I could be asking for a coach purse or some fancy shoes like most ladies, but no I want motorcycle gear or boots, or a new bike. Every once in awhile she wants something "girlish" that takes me by surprise, but usually not that often

Since both of us are into bikes, sometimes we have no restraint. I guess that's why there is 7 bikes in the garage and motorcycle gear everywhere you look.
Smugmug Pics - Save $5 <-- Click Here
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:18 PM   #26276
Al Tuna
PUI... Deal with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLghtning View Post
My wife Sarah (GypsyAngel) is always reminding me I have it so good when she see's threads like this. Her favorite saying is I could be asking for a coach purse or some fancy shoes like most ladies, but no I want motorcycle gear or boots, or a new bike. Every once in awhile she wants something "girlish" that takes me by surprise, but usually not that often

Since both of us are into bikes, sometimes we have no restraint. I guess that's why there is 7 bikes in the garage and motorcycle gear everywhere you look.
We call it the gear pile... Her gear is nice and she refers to mine as Nasty.

Under construction
Old 01-03-2013, 12:20 PM   #26277
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,948
Quote:
We call it the gear pile... Her gear is nice and she refers to mine as Nasty.
I'm often referred to as the gear hoarder which I can't deny, but I think she's been catching up lately with a few recent purchases. Since the Ducati 696 came into our garage, she's been buying new gear to match the new helmets and bike.
Smugmug Pics - Save $5 <-- Click Here
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:32 PM   #26278
Al Tuna
PUI... Deal with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLghtning View Post
I'm often referred to as the gear hoarder which I can't deny, but I think she's been catching up lately with a few recent purchases. Since the Ducati 696 came into our garage, she's been buying new gear to match the new helmets and bike.
Arod marry her and ask your FIL to keep the babys. If he tells to to kiss his ass... then you know you did good.

Under construction
Old 01-03-2013, 03:23 PM   #26279
ARod2000
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB View Post
I like this guy. Arod I'll be glad to give you the Dollar and baby sit it for ya!
The whole sell for a dollar/buy back for a dollar idea is a good one.....IF your friends aren't Crane and Frankie. If I sold it to you Crane it would come back with bald tires and needing sprockets/chain and probably all kinds of bearings. And I just couldn't take seeing Frankie ride around like a pimp on MY bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchesRider View Post
Speaking from a female perspective.....
And that's right where you lost me. just kidding, yes she's a good un for sure. Frank or Crane can testify. She has her own thing, she coaches girls Volleyball and we both respect each others passions.

Quote:
She's willing to wed your dumb ass...
Oddly enough hot chicks are really attracted to me. Who'd a thunk it?
Old 01-03-2013, 06:07 PM   #26280
juniorsktm
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 823
Omg

I just got sick......