ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 04:48 AM   #26716
mb90535im
'05 R1200 GS
 
mb90535im's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: NW GA
Oddometer: 4,819
Comedy of Errors -

Yesterday in all the rain and wind, my daughter (Little Miss I can talk on the phone, text, eat chicken McNuggets, pick my nose, and drive all at the same time) drove her car off the pavement at her apartment in Calhoun into a flooded ditch.

She has to crawl out the window but is OK. Calls a tow truck and has it pulled out to dry land. Looks like she dodged the bullet and it didn't get into the engine, but at a car wash a little while later, vacuuming water out of her floorboard she somehow manages to suck her keys into the vacuum. God, she's just like her mother.

Luckily we keep a spare key hanging on our key rack here in Dalton for her.
__________________
"Dang man I'm impressed." - Willy-B
"Are you OK? ... Are you sure you're OK?" - Honcho
"Disturbing and funny, all at the same time." - MrTwisty
mb90535im is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:06 AM   #26717
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB
Beastly Adventurer
 
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Acworth Georgia
Oddometer: 2,285
I feel your pain, one out of two of mine can be the same way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb90535im View Post
Comedy of Errors -

Yesterday in all the rain and wind, my daughter (Little Miss I can talk on the phone, text, eat chicken McNuggets, pick my nose, and drive all at the same time) drove her car off the pavement at her apartment in Calhoun into a flooded ditch.

She has to crawl out the window but is OK. Calls a tow truck and has it pulled out to dry land. Looks like she dodged the bullet and it didn't get into the engine, but at a car wash a little while later, vacuuming water out of her floorboard she somehow manages to suck her keys into the vacuum. God, she's just like her mother.

Luckily we keep a spare key hanging on our key rack here in Dalton for her.
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:45 AM   #26718
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger
 
fullmonte's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
Oddometer: 4,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB View Post
I feel your pain, one out of two of mine can be the same way.
This is NOT a cancer patient. However, it is the result of the wife deciding to use my clippers on our son when I was out for a ride.


There, daddy fixed it!

His older brother thought it would be a swell idea to cut his own hair.

Check out the racing stripe.

He got his head shaved for that one.
__________________
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:42 PM   #26719
Willy-B
onebudwiser
 
Willy-B's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Winder, Ga.
Oddometer: 7,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmonte View Post
This is NOT a cancer patient. However, it is the result of the wife deciding to use my clippers on our son when I was out for a ride.


There, daddy fixed it!

His older brother thought it would be a swell idea to cut his own hair.

Check out the racing stripe.

He got his head shaved for that one.
Yeah? Notice his adv salute...
__________________
I'd rather be legless than spineless. Any day of the week and forever.-Gravity

My theory, you only get one chance, go full fucking throttle, all the way, all the time.-Trip
Willy-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:58 PM   #26720
mikem9
Wanderer
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: North Georgia
Oddometer: 1,194
Went on a lunch break with a couple of buddies today. The electric coat liner gave back a good return on investment.

mikem9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:53 AM   #26721
SpeedyR
SE in the SE
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: ATL, GA
Oddometer: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by flux_capacitor View Post
Yup it was fun, Jeff. Thanks again for lunch. Will work for food lol.

Day started out innocently enough then I got a FB message from Jeff (SpeedyR) that he and Fried Duck were gonna be up this way and wanted to see some good stuff.

SpeedyR throws a little roost. The First Section was SLOPPY. Sloppier than it has been in a LONG time. There is almost no way around the big mudhole after you cross the creek. Fried Duck said I was going forward but sideways much of the time


Why does this always happen?

I've got a couple of clips of decent video but it'll be next week before I can get to it. Lots of fun following you guys around and just enjoying a day in the saddle. Mud included!
SpeedyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:02 AM   #26722
mikem9
Wanderer
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: North Georgia
Oddometer: 1,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by flux_capacitor View Post


Flux - based on your pictorial history and where you like to bring your friends, I think you might have a little "mudder" in you. Ever considered an ATV?
mikem9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:39 PM   #26723
Fireman1000
Beastly Adventurer
 
Fireman1000's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Gray GA
Oddometer: 2,307
FLux, did yo ever come up with dates for Tellico?
Fireman1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:46 PM   #26724
Al Tuna
PUI... Deal with it
 
Al Tuna's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Moran Nation
Oddometer: 11,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman1000 View Post
FLux, did yo ever come up with dates for Tellico?
He's been tryin... But I question his technique.

__________________
Southeast Weather Map

Under construction
Al Tuna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:14 PM   #26725
DirtDabber
cultural illiterate
 
DirtDabber's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Way, Way North GA
Oddometer: 7,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Tuna View Post
He's been tryin... But I question his technique.



__________________
.

I wonder where that road goes?
DirtDabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:47 PM   #26726
MrTwisty
Short Bus Cowboy
 
MrTwisty's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Calhoun, GA
Oddometer: 2,069
Street ride Sunday if anybody is interested. Meeting at Rider's Hill @ 10:00am.
__________________
TBA #1001
"Life is too short to be a candy ass." - RuffJeep
'12 Yamaha Super Tenere, '05 KTM 450 EXC. '03 Suzuki DRZ 400S
MrTwisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:21 PM   #26727
guitarhack
Beastly Adventurer
 
guitarhack's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Cumming, Georgia
Oddometer: 1,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTwisty View Post
Street ride Sunday if anybody is interested. Meeting at Rider's Hill @ 10:00am.
I wanna go, but what are the roads looking like up in the mountains? Full of salt and gravel/sand?
guitarhack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:04 AM   #26728
MrTwisty
Short Bus Cowboy
 
MrTwisty's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Calhoun, GA
Oddometer: 2,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarhack View Post
I wanna go, but what are the roads looking like up in the mountains? Full of salt and gravel/sand?
I have no idea, but I guess I'll find out Sunday. The roads had some salt and gravel on them last weekend but they weren't too bad.
__________________
TBA #1001
"Life is too short to be a candy ass." - RuffJeep
'12 Yamaha Super Tenere, '05 KTM 450 EXC. '03 Suzuki DRZ 400S
MrTwisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #26729
DRZ_Lady
Grip.Twist.Ride
 
DRZ_Lady's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Dahlonega, GA
Oddometer: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTwisty View Post
I have no idea, but I guess I'll find out Sunday. The roads had some salt and gravel on them last weekend but they weren't too bad.
The roads in Dahlonega WERE pretty good...snow moved in about 45 minutes ago and it's really coming down heavy (I'm less than 10 minutes from Rider's Hill)--bushes and grass are already white. If it keeps up this pace the roads will probably need a little salt and gravel. Hopefully the temp will cooperate and the snow will be history by tomorrow.
__________________
My mom can't do much, but she can ride a motorcycle.
I'm not here for a long time, I'm just here for a good time.
~ Jeremy Carl Wehunt (1/5/84-9/25/09)
DRZ_Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:23 AM   #26730
SoilSampleDave
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: The Delta Ghetto, GA (aka PTC)
Oddometer: 1,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ_Lady View Post
The roads in Dahlonega WERE pretty good...snow moved in about 45 minutes ago and it's really coming down heavy (I'm less than 10 minutes from Rider's Hill)--bushes and grass are already white. If it keeps up this pace the roads will probably need a little salt and gravel. Hopefully the temp will cooperate and the snow will be history by tomorrow.
Wow. 50+ and sunshine down here on the southside of Atlanta.
__________________
Machete don't text!

'13 350EXC-F
SoilSampleDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014