ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013, 07:39 AM   #27016
Al Tuna
PUI... Deal with it

Oddometer: 11,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaViking View Post
Some ADV bashing/funny stuff going on on CL, depending on which side of the puddle you are on...

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/mcy/3678224226.html
It's not me... This time.

Under construction
Al Tuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:58 AM   #27017
Darknessprevails
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
trying to plan a day trip sat or sunday up to elijay. prob going to leave from my side of town in acworth or possibly from work in cartersville. going to take back roads all the way up since i just picked up my new CRF250l : ) : ): ). before i take off blind anyone know of some good open FS roads in the southren part around elijay. i also think i should pick up a FS road map is there a good place to Download and print or buy? maybe one for the mobile device? i have not aquired a GPS unit yet.
Thanks for anyhelp i hope to build up some experiance and soon me and my friend will join along in some ride i hope!
Old 03-13-2013, 12:08 PM   #27018
mile0321
Recon Marine

Oddometer: 224
Raing money for the Wounded Warrior Project... again

It's been so long since I've been on here I almost forgot my log in. What's worse is I haven't had a bike in even longer! To catch everyone up... I graduated college & have just been working hard to start my career; oh & I "got hitched" (as Frank would say).

Many of you will remember our Transamerican Trail trip of 2009, where I was raising money for the Wounded Warrior Project, and plowed my 950 into more ditches than I can count. The trip was a great success in more ways than one & just wanted to briefly share my next fund raising efforts for the WWP with you.

I recently had an opportunity to attend an MBA Leadership & Ethics course through a joint partnership with GSU & the Marine Officer Candidate School (OCS) in Quantico, VA. We were inserted into a platoon of Lieutenant’s going through The Basic School (TBS)& led missions in the field to test our leadership & ethical decision making under stressful, high-pressure environments. The premise the Marines teach is grounded on “values based decision making” as opposed to “rules based decision making.” This process helps one navigate “grey areas” by making decisions based on one’s own morals & virtues. The three day course was miniscule in comparison to the training the officers receive, but I know in speaking with my colleagues, they at least shared an elevated appreciation for our armed forces.

I wanted to let you know that I am competing in the Toughmudder race,this video in order to raise money for a charity that is very close to me, the Wounded Warrior Project. They have helped my fellow comrades both mentally & physically recuperate from injuries sustained overseas. Ask me about my previous fundraising efforts for the WWP through my cross-country dirt bike trip in 2009.

I am asking you to be a part of my newest effort to support our wounded veterans. My goal is to raise $5,000 dollars over the next 8 weeks (ONLY 4 weeks left) leading up to the race. Please visit this secure sight to make a tax-deductible donation of your choosing to help our injured veterans lead a normal life after their service.

http://www.raceit.com/fundraising/donate.aspx?event=12141&fundraiser=r8319429

I know you all will help me spread the word.

Semper Fi,

Elton Mile
Financial Advisor
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management
elton.mile@morganstanley.com
mile0321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:20 PM   #27019
SpeedyR
SE in the SE

Oddometer: 757
Quote:
Some ADV bashing/funny stuff going on on CL, depending on which side of the puddle you are on...

Bloke...
SpeedyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:22 PM   #27020
judobiker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 484
Quote:

Anybody know if these also come in 7/8"? I gots to have some...
"How narrow and difficult the road that leads to life, and few find it" (Matt 7:14)

'05 Bandit 1200, '01 DRZ400, '95DR125, '01 KDX200
judobiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:07 PM   #27021
tagalong
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by judobiker View Post
Anybody know if these also come in 7/8"? I gots to have some...
One size fits all bikes. Some whittling required.
tagalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:31 PM   #27022
phideaux
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Tuna View Post
It's not me... This time.
Gee, let me fix you a drink then

Fido

Lookin at the ocean at Daytona

Mrs. Phideaux to her octogenarian friend when the granny wants to know if she can sit on one of my bikes:

"It's Okay, they only fall over when HE'S on them."

North GA Tag-O-Rama Map
Georgia Tag-O-Rama Map
phideaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #27023
Al Tuna
PUI... Deal with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by phideaux View Post
Gee, let me fix you a drink then

Fido

Lookin at the ocean at Daytona
Thanks, Fido.

Bike Week? Pics?

Under construction
Old 03-13-2013, 07:41 PM   #27024
phideaux
Beastly Adventurer

Just rolled in about an hour ago.....no pics yet, but shucks I missed a primo photo op of SDVET pushing his RT up an entrance ramp on I-16. Out of gas Poor baby can't read a fuel guage and can't remember to re-set his odo.

Fido

Mrs. Phideaux to her octogenarian friend when the granny wants to know if she can sit on one of my bikes:

North GA Tag-O-Rama Map
Georgia Tag-O-Rama Map
Old 03-13-2013, 07:49 PM   #27025
Al Tuna
PUI... Deal with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by phideaux View Post
Just rolled in about an hour ago.....no pics yet, but shucks I missed a primo photo op of SDVET pushing his RT up an entrance ramp on I-16. Out of gas Poor baby can't read a fuel guage and can't remember to re-set his odo.

Fido
I'm sure you were very supportive and understanding.

Under construction
Old 03-13-2013, 07:55 PM   #27026
phideaux
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Tuna View Post
I'm sure you were very supportive and understanding.
Absolutely! patient, courteous and kind. By all means.

It was puzzling to me that he passes an 18 wheeler then whups over in front of him and onto the shoulder.

So sweet Fido goes up the on-ramp, against traffic, buys a gatoraid (big neck) chugs it, fills it with gas and brings to his majesty who is huffin the Beemer up the ramp, but the nicest thing I did was keep my camera in my pocket.

Fido

North GA Tag-O-Rama Map
Georgia Tag-O-Rama Map
Old 03-13-2013, 07:55 PM   #27027
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,861
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyR View Post
Bloke...
Haha yep!
Smugmug Pics - Save $5 <-- Click Here
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:13 PM   #27028
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknessprevails View Post
trying to plan a day trip sat or sunday up to elijay. prob going to leave from my side of town in acworth or possibly from work in cartersville. going to take back roads all the way up since i just picked up my new CRF250l : ) : ): ). before i take off blind anyone know of some good open FS roads in the southren part around elijay. i also think i should pick up a FS road map is there a good place to Download and print or buy? maybe one for the mobile device? i have not aquired a GPS unit yet.
Thanks for anyhelp i hope to build up some experiance and soon me and my friend will join along in some ride i hope!
We picked up a CRF250L for my wife about 2 weeks ago. It's a pretty nice bike and hopefully will work well for her. My WR250R fits me way better since I'm tall, but that Honda motor is so smooth and has better pull down low than the WRR.
Smugmug Pics - Save $5 <-- Click Here
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:51 AM   #27029
loosesprocket
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknessprevails View Post
You can get a FS Map at a Chattahoochee Forest Service Office, make sure it is one with the FS Roads marked on it. You can find your way from Ellijay to Doublehead Gap Rd and go up FS 42 or come in from the South Side around Amicalola State Park.
loosesprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:30 AM   #27030
FriedDuck
Why die all tensed up?

Oddometer: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLghtning View Post
We picked up a CRF250L for my wife about 2 weeks ago. It's a pretty nice bike and hopefully will work well for her. My WR250R fits me way better since I'm tall, but that Honda motor is so smooth and has better pull down low than the WRR.
Let us know how it does on the road. I'd like to do a longer trip w/my son before he's out of school and gone and this seems like the ticket.

So anyone riding this weekend? I'm looking to either head up for a start in Dawsonville or over toward Ellijay, and get as much dirt in as I can in a day.

Jeff
FriedDuck is offline   Reply With Quote