ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2013, 08:50 PM   #27151
Al Tuna
PUI... Deal with it

Oddometer: 12,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritebike View Post
There is actually a passport office located in 230 Peachtree St. Not sure of the suite, but I will drop by there tomorrow when I ride past it. If you have your tickets already purchased, and the dates are set, that is the place to go. I have also use a passport service, it was pricey as hell, but it got the job done. How long do you have, and do you need a visa for the country you are going to?

Dean
Well, if YOU can get one. I'm sure I'd be able to pay someone to get me one.

Under construction
Al Tuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:07 AM   #27152
FriedDuck
Why die all tensed up?

Oddometer: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaViking View Post
I can't believe someone else is going through this...I thought it was just me cause if others were I was sure there would have been a revolt! Its freakin' ridiculous! The first appt we could get was at the end of April and no more Saturdays either so you have to take time off work to do it. It really is like we've stepped 30 years backwards
The lady from Peachtree City (thanks Dave) gave me this piece of gold: http://www.fayettecountyga.gov/court.../passports.htm

In her words, "get there early!"
FriedDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:20 AM   #27153
judobiker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Dog View Post
Hey Charlie
Kevin at wickedthunder.com in NC had a Super Nice 300 at his shop
BD, I checked out that website and it was out of service. PM me if you have any more details. Thanks for the heads up!
"How narrow and difficult the road that leads to life, and few find it" (Matt 7:14)

'05 Bandit 1200, '01 DRZ400, '95DR125, '01 KDX200
judobiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:31 AM   #27154
sdthorpe
Adventurer... yeah right!

Oddometer: 543
Suspension shop

Anybody want to suggest a good suspension shop for a fat boy and his XR? Headed out to CO in July and I figure it's time to get it right. Too soft upfront for me.

The service guy at my local dealership suggested Cycle Dynamics in Conyers as his go to guy, but the number is out of service, they may have closed... Thanks!
sdthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:13 AM   #27155
ABuck99

Oddometer: 509
Yeah turn it over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallowbraid View Post
Think I could have gotten any more life out of it?

Old 04-02-2013, 10:54 AM   #27156
ABuck99

Oddometer: 509
If you want to come out to Alpharetta- there is an MX/Enduro suspension pro located just off of 400 & McFarland( Eastside). Known for KTM/Husaberg, but well experienced with Showa.

Contact Brett: 770-262-1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdthorpe View Post
Anybody want to suggest a good suspension shop for a fat boy and his XR? Headed out to CO in July and I figure it's time to get it right. Too soft upfront for me.

The service guy at my local dealership suggested Cycle Dynamics in Conyers as his go to guy, but the number is out of service, they may have closed... Thanks!
Old 04-02-2013, 11:49 AM   #27157
Ritebike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 442
I went to the passport office at 230 Peachtree St., on the 10th Floor. The number to make an appointment is 1-877487-2778. That is the only way to get into that office.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:13 PM   #27158
sdthorpe
Adventurer... yeah right!

Oddometer: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABuck99 View Post
If you want to come out to Alpharetta- there is an MX/Enduro suspension pro located just off of 400 & McFarland( Eastside). Known for KTM/Husaberg, but well experienced with Showa.

Contact Brett: 770-262-1989
I called him. Thanks!!
sdthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:00 PM   #27159
SoilSampleDave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,534
I have decided I need to balance the tires on my dual sport for the first time in my history of riding. So, I don't know where to get the weights (friend of mine has the tools). I found some cool spoke weights on an eBay store, but I really wanted to pick some up while running around Atlanta tomorrow. Anyone know a local shop that carries either spoke or stick-on weights? ACME maybe?
Thanks

'13 350EXC-F
SoilSampleDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:19 PM   #27160
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoilSampleDave View Post
I have decided I need to balance the tires on my dual sport for the first time in my history of riding. So, I don't know where to get the weights (friend of mine has the tools). I found some cool spoke weights on an eBay store, but I really wanted to pick some up while running around Atlanta tomorrow. Anyone know a local shop that carries either spoke or stick-on weights? ACME maybe?
Thanks
I looked at the fancy bike weights but they were kinda pricey and hard to get. I bought some heavier lead weights in the fishing department at WallyWorld. Found the football ones with a hole thru them. Couple seconds each with a dremel to cut a slit in them so they can slide over the spokes and be crimped. Several miles on and offroad and they are still there. Look kinda ghetto but really cheap and helped a ton.
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:29 PM   #27161
phideaux
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,282
Somewhere recently I ran into someone who made their own spoke weights out of lead solder. Looked like a great idea to me. Took a length of lead solder and coiled it tightly around the spoke. Looked like a spring around a spoke. I guess he got the weight right by starting heavy and then just cutting off little bits until the balance was good.

YMMV

Fido

Mrs. Phideaux to her octogenarian friend when the granny wants to know if she can sit on one of my bikes:

"It's Okay, they only fall over when HE'S on them."

North GA Tag-O-Rama Map
Georgia Tag-O-Rama Map
phideaux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:17 PM   #27162
SoilSampleDave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTheFallen View Post
I looked at the fancy bike weights but they were kinda pricey and hard to get. I bought some heavier lead weights in the fishing department at WallyWorld. Found the football ones with a hole thru them. Couple seconds each with a dremel to cut a slit in them so they can slide over the spokes and be crimped. Several miles on and offroad and they are still there. Look kinda ghetto but really cheap and helped a ton.
Keep that up and the moto gods will replace your 70 degree Berg with a KLR
Good fall-back plan though.

'13 350EXC-F
SoilSampleDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:22 PM   #27163
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 372
Quote:
Keep that up and the moto gods will replace your 70 degree Berg with a KLR
Good fall-back plan though.
Lol. I will be careful. Not used to this high tooting bike prep stuff! Maybe if I spray paint them black they will be cool? Haha. Still no visible duct tape on it. I made sure to keep that hidden!
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:56 PM   #27164
AtlantaViking
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedDuck View Post
The lady from Peachtree City (thanks Dave) gave me this piece of gold: http://www.fayettecountyga.gov/court.../passports.htm

In her words, "get there early!"
Brilliant, Thx!

Oh and Tuna, I figured they wouldn't let you out of the country 'cuz you were a national secret or something...kinda like a US 007...except more stealthy

06 Suzi DL1K
99 Suzi DR350SE
AtlantaViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:31 AM   #27165
guitarhack
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,174
Quote:
Thanks
I started mounting my own tires and stopped Fing with balancing a year or two ago. Now I am using Dyna-beads (sp?). For me they have worked great - and I have recycled them from tire to tire with no problems.
guitarhack is offline   Reply With Quote