ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #27541
Tukata
ADV Demo Rider

Oddometer: 1,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTwisty View Post
I'd be willing to bet that you've got a motorcycle or two that are in need or repair too.
Tukata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:45 AM   #27542
AtlantaViking
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 820
While checking out the Trials thread on the FIM championship this weekend outside of Chattanooga I found that post. Can't help but laugh that my mug made it to the final cut. Hollywood...here I come, just waitin' on the call from my agent

What a great weekend, the TTC is one nice setup. I'm digging the trials riding - that was incredible.

06 Suzi DL1K
99 Suzi DR350SE

AtlantaViking screwed with this post 09-13-2013 at 11:43 AM
AtlantaViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:29 AM   #27543
Ritebike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tukata View Post
You working on Gentri's to?
Old 05-27-2013, 11:52 AM   #27544
judobiker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaViking View Post
While checking out the Trials thread on the FIM championship this weekend outside of Chattanooga I found that post. Can't help but laugh that my mug made it to the final cut. Hollywood...here I come, just waitin' on the call from my agent

What a great weekend, the TTC is one nice setup. I'm digging the trials riding - that was incredible.
Well done Bill! Cool video. Thanks for posting.
"How narrow and difficult the road that leads to life, and few find it" (Matt 7:14)

'05 Bandit 1200, '01 DRZ400, '95DR125, '01 KDX200
judobiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:05 PM   #27545
Gentri in GA
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 257
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritebike View Post
You working on Gentri's to?
Bastard! It runs fine now after my lawnmower mod!

Getting mine prepared for TAT launch on July 1st! You sitting at home wishing you were me I can deal with! LOL!
Old 05-27-2013, 01:06 PM   #27546
Gentri in GA
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 257
Quote:

yeah that stuff is amazing... I'm happy not slipping getting out of the bath tub...

Nice post, and now you are "out"!
Old 05-27-2013, 02:36 PM   #27547
MrTwisty
Short Bus Cowboy

Oddometer: 2,051
Quote:

Nice job Bill.

They obviously weren't serving alcohol because you were perfectly coherent.
TBA #1001
"Life is too short to be a candy ass." - RuffJeep
'12 Yamaha Super Tenere, '05 KTM 450 EXC. '03 Suzuki DRZ 400S
MrTwisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:48 PM   #27548
AtlantaViking
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 820
Thanks JudoB, Gentri, and Twisty!

I'm convinced you can't drink at trials events as a spectator: You'll fall off the damn mountainside and kill yourself. Shoot...just hiking around between the 12 courses they set up is a workout!

Too much fun though...a great event they put together.

And Gentri - if you are really doing the TAT in July I'm jealous as hell! There MUST be a really good Ride Report for this one.

06 Suzi DL1K
99 Suzi DR350SE
AtlantaViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:59 PM   #27549
Brown Dog
North Georgia Dual Sportr

Oddometer: 1,910
Quote:
+1 what he said :

Them World guys are Phenominal

It was my 3rd world event there & it just keeps Amazing me
Brown Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:00 PM   #27550
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,734
3 great days DS riding around Tellico

My wife GypsyAngel and I spent Fri-Mon up at Hunt's Lodge and riding dual sports around Tellico. I was up there on my WR250R an she was on her CRF250L. Surprisingly, we only ran into a couple DS riders out there on the FS roads or trails the entire 3 days.

We visited Mike at Tellico Outfitters right when we got there and he set us up highlighting a bunch of great DS rides on our Cherokee NF map around the area that would keep us busy for the next 3 days. We ended up vising Mike's store a couple times over the course of 2 days and ended up buying a GL Fandago Tank bag and an Icon Variant helmet and a few other goodies. I've never been much of fan of Icon fan, but after purchasing the MSR Dual Sport helmet and the Bilt Adventure DS helmet over the past 3-4 months, neither one was working for me and that Icon felt great. I really enjoyed getting to wear it my 3rd day of riding.

Between Mike at TMO and Andrew at Acme, I don't even want to think about how much money we have spent on gear and accessories, but hey I love having both of those small shops around and we go out of our way to support both of them! You can't go wrong at either one of those shops and ADV inmates are very lucky to have 2 great shops in the SE that support us!

Friday, we spent riding an area south of the skyway and east of 68. Lots of great riding and one challenging trail 434 that dumps you out on the skyway. Sarah had a tip over on a rocky down hill section, but she came away smiling and continued on.

This is me picking up her bike

Not carrying enough momentum to get over that rock

Sending her on her way down

We found this great overlook vista on Fri

Sarah really enjoying herself

We also found this awesome meadow with a great 360 degree view

On Sat, we rode in the area north of Tellico & the Skyway, East of 68, and south of 129. Some good loops in this area, but it ended up being rather busy on some of the roads too.

We found this memorial or something out on a peninsula area.

On Sun, we headed west of 68 and south of Tellico. We were able to ride Trail 82 and a bunch of the FS roads around there. We ended the day coming back up Witt Rd. I almost went for a swim in that killer water crossing, but thankfully kept it up. Overall a great day.

We did find another strange structure out there off McFarland. It looks like from past posts here on ADV, it was part of a concrete mixing setup when they built the big dam.

Overall, it was a great weekend riding and very proud of my wife is doing awesome on her new to her CRF250L!
Smugmug Pics - Save $5: Y2l43o9LVBERU
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:49 PM   #27551
SpeedyR
SE in the SE

Oddometer: 712
Dan looks like both of you had a great weekend of riding!!!

Steve from FL that was on the South GA ride on his 450 just bought an 09 950 SE so we'll be looking for more weekend or day rides in the near future!!!
SpeedyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:39 PM   #27552
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyR View Post

Steve from FL that was on the South GA ride on his 450 just bought an 09 950 SE so we'll be looking for more weekend or day rides in the near future!!!
Awesome!

Will you still be carrying the extra gas for him?
Smugmug Pics - Save $5: Y2l43o9LVBERU
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:31 AM   #27553
CHRIS_D
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyR View Post

The best thing is now he will be able to go over 50 MPH on the paved roads!
Old 05-28-2013, 10:22 AM   #27554
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 360
Got a kinda strange request....

Anyone in the North Georgia area want to let me test ride their 950/990 Adventure? Should have asked at the Rendezvous two weeks ago but was not set on selling my Husaberg 570 at the time. Riding from Hampton, TN to Clayton, GA convinced me that I need and want a bigger bike. Pretty set on the KTM adventures but have never rode one. Don't want to buy one and spend a bunch of money trying to make it what it isn't. Already going to loose a bunch on the Berg when I sell it cause I tried to turn it into something it wasn't. Want to make sure this is the bike I want.

I can offer some money ("some" as I am a paramedic not a doctor!), hot laps on the crf450r in the woods or track, labor, basic vehicle service (especially if it is a Toyota truck!), etc. I do realize these are expensive bikes to buy and expensive to repair. If i break it, I buy it/fix it.

Any takers?

Joe
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:07 AM   #27555
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 4,900
Quote:
I'm convinced you can't drink at trials events as a spectator: You'll fall off the damn mountainside and kill yourself. Shoot...just hiking around between the 12 courses they set up is a workout!

Too much fun though...a great event they put together.
Indeed. We drank only water and still stumbled around the sections, trying to avoid the poison ivy.

"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote