ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-07-2013, 07:26 AM   #27616
SoilSampleDave
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: The Delta Ghetto, GA (aka PTC)
Oddometer: 1,415
Don't forget, there will be a lot of DS riders out this weekend for the Hooch DS ride. I signed up for it this year after many years of skipping it. I know it seems odd to pay someone to lead you around the trails you already ride on, but it is a big fundraiser for GARTRA, so I decided, what the heck. See you FF'ers on the trail.
__________________
Machete don't text!

'13 350EXC-F
SoilSampleDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:11 AM   #27617
SlowRide13
Veteran n00b
 
SlowRide13's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Lakemont, Georgia, USA
Oddometer: 1,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by judobiker View Post
This is indeed good news. I'm tired of driving an hour and a half to ride when there's an OHV area 20 minutes from my house. I'm definitely willing to pitch in to make it happen.
Hey dood,
Been to Oakey lately?
It got the bulldozer treatment
__________________
F800GS Grin Machine
KTM690E Grrr Machine
XR600R Oakey Mtn in the mud http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzoU2NpkaoA
www.hoofrehab.com

SlowRide13 screwed with this post 06-07-2013 at 08:43 PM
SlowRide13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:22 AM   #27618
judobiker
Gnarly Adventurer
 
judobiker's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: NEGA
Oddometer: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRide13 View Post
Hey dood,
Been to Oakey lately?
It got the bulldozer treatment
I haven't been since early winter. Let's do it sometime...do you still have a bike to ride there?
__________________
"How narrow and difficult the road that leads to life, and few find it" (Matt 7:14)

'05 Bandit 1200, '01 DRZ400, '95DR125, '01 KDX200
judobiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:32 AM   #27619
SlowRide13
Veteran n00b
 
SlowRide13's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Lakemont, Georgia, USA
Oddometer: 1,336
Just the F8. I can have plenty of fun there myself, but the pace would put you to sleep. Sadly, I've finally realized I'm gonna have to leave the balls-to-the-wall "dirt bike riding" to you youngsters.

There, I said it.
Pete
__________________
F800GS Grin Machine
KTM690E Grrr Machine
XR600R Oakey Mtn in the mud http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzoU2NpkaoA
www.hoofrehab.com

SlowRide13 screwed with this post 06-07-2013 at 10:49 AM
SlowRide13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:12 PM   #27620
mikem9
Wanderer
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: North Georgia
Oddometer: 1,194
Wondering if anyone here has been out to the new Mountain Motorsports on Cobb Pkwy in Marietta? I visited there this week for the first time. Huge store with multiple brands. They had a new KTM 990 adventure, V-Strom, Super Teniere sp?, Kawasaki Versys and one of those new Honda Adventure bikes (NC 700?) all sitting in a row.

Met one of the owners - Dustin Farthing - He is a World Champion in Personal Watercraft racing and sponsored by Yamaha. Seemed like a nice guy - a lot of energy.

Has anyone bought anything or had service there? How was the experience?

PS - They are having a huge event on Sunday June 22nd, from 12 - 5 pm.
He said all the motorcycle manufacturers will be there, demo rides, bands, wing eating contests etc.

mikem9 screwed with this post 06-07-2013 at 02:28 PM
mikem9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:41 PM   #27621
dep411
Gnarly Adventurer
 
dep411's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Oddometer: 150
^^^ yea I've been there. Its a really nice dealer with over priced inventory, I'd never buy a bike from them. They were the most expensive place I priced out before I bought my bike. The POS sales manger said he wouldn't beat / match the price of ktm world because the bike I wanted was the new hotness, and in his words "someone will pay over retail for this bike". After hearing that I basically said f' this place. The funny thing is I had cash in hand but after he said that, I went to another dealer which they treated me so much better and continue to treat me so good that I keep going back.

I believe that dealer preys on the uninformed customer ready for an impulse buy, then they bend them over so bad and so deep that the customer doesn't realize they got screwed till after they signed all said paper work.

Of course this was my experience and I would never send any of my buddies to that place.

dep411 screwed with this post 06-07-2013 at 02:48 PM
dep411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:50 PM   #27622
SoilSampleDave
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: The Delta Ghetto, GA (aka PTC)
Oddometer: 1,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by dep411 View Post
^^^ yea I've been there. Its a really nice dealer with over priced inventory, I'd never buy a bike from them. They were the most expensive place I priced out before I bought my bike. The POS sales manger said he wouldn't beat / match the price of ktm world because the bike I wanted was the new hotness, and in his words "someone will pay over retail for this bike". After hearing that I basically said f' this place. The funny thing is I had cash in hand but after he said that, I went to another dealer which they treated me so much better and continue to treat me so good that I keep going back.

I believe that dealer preys on the uninformed customer ready for an impulse buy, then they bend them over so bad and so deep that the customer doesn't realize they got screwed till after they signed all said paper work.

Of course this was my experience and I would never send any of my buddies to that place.
A buddy of mine just bought a Suzuki from their Conyers location and was treated very well. Like most places, it's the will of the local manager that sets the tone. I can't imagine getting a KTM anywhere except KTMWorld/HP.
__________________
Machete don't text!

'13 350EXC-F
SoilSampleDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:12 PM   #27623
SloDon
Studly Adventurer
 
SloDon's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Atlanta
Oddometer: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem9 View Post
Wondering if anyone here has been out to the new Mountain Motorsports on Cobb Pkwy in Marietta? I visited there this week for the first time. Huge store with multiple brands. They had a new KTM 990 adventure, V-Strom, Super Teniere sp?, Kawasaki Versys and one of those new Honda Adventure bikes (NC 700?) all sitting in a row.

Met one of the owners - Dustin Farthing - He is a World Champion in Personal Watercraft racing and sponsored by Yamaha. Seemed like a nice guy - a lot of energy.

Has anyone bought anything or had service there? How was the experience?

PS - They are having a huge event on Sunday June 22nd, from 12 - 5 pm.
He said all the motorcycle manufacturers will be there, demo rides, bands, wing eating contests etc.
I regularly buy parts there stuff you can only get from a dealer.....all my expirences have been positive.

Now I cannot say the same when it was Motions and further up the road.....not all good expirences then.

The one principal I have dealt with was a stand up guy!

They run adds periodically for both sales and counter help......if you run a business you now it is difficult to find and retain good help.

They have earned my repeat business.

Of course everyone has a different opinion.........
__________________
SloDon
'12 R1200 GS Adv, '05 DRZ 400, '08 RE Bullet 500
http://www.youtube.com/user/SlooDon#p/u
Don't grow up.......it's a trap!!
SloDon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:47 PM   #27624
mb90535im
'05 R1200 GS
 
mb90535im's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: NW GA
Oddometer: 4,708
Great ride today after getting the GS out of the shop. Must have been 100 or more DS bikes at Coopers Creek Store on 60 around lunchtime today. We rode on down to Suches, over Wolf Pen Gap and then over Blood Mtn on to Turners Corner, Dahlonega, and home. Good cheeseburger burger there just south of Turner's corner and friendly for Tyler to be with me today too with the outside tables.

GS is in top form at the moment. (knock on wood)

Big kudos again to Wes at Apex Cycle Shop in Ellijay. Wes is as thorough as any shop I've ever used.
__________________
"Dang man I'm impressed." - Willy-B
"Are you OK? ... Are you sure you're OK?" - Honcho
"Disturbing and funny, all at the same time." - MrTwisty

mb90535im screwed with this post 06-08-2013 at 06:58 PM
mb90535im is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:19 PM   #27625
NitroAcres
MotoBiggots Suck
 
NitroAcres's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: A ChickenHouse in NorthGeorgia
Oddometer: 469
Wife and I took the 950 over Henderson Mtn, across backroads up to Dalton, across to Cisco and onto West CowPen / Old Hwy 2, to the FS221 up into TN..and then onto FS45..out to Ocoee...stopped in CopperHill for a cold drink..then on back to the house..great day...HappyWife..HappyMe..

__________________
Britt Lynn
NitroAcres
Ball Ground Ga

NitroAcres screwed with this post 06-09-2013 at 01:26 PM
NitroAcres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:10 AM   #27626
Brown Dog
North Georgia Dual Sportr
 
Brown Dog's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Calhoun, GA. USA
Oddometer: 1,895
Now that's how a 950 is supposed to be ridden
Brown Dog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:55 AM   #27627
MrTwisty
Short Bus Cowboy
 
MrTwisty's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Calhoun, GA
Oddometer: 2,039
trblmkr just called me and told me about a motorcycle fatality on Hwy. 129 just before Hwy. 19 South of Turner's Corner. I always hate to hear anything like this. Hope it wasn't anyone we know.
__________________
TBA #1001
"Life is too short to be a candy ass." - RuffJeep
'12 Yamaha Super Tenere, '05 KTM 450 EXC. '03 Suzuki DRZ 400S
MrTwisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:46 PM   #27628
JLC640
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Oddometer: 27
Kind of a newbie/ Lurker on the D.O.G. thread, but would like to join up with some of you guys and ride sometime.
Nitro I rode some of the same territory as you and your wife Sat. I started in Chatsworth at Rock Creek OHV then took Tatum Lead to Hwy 52, took a left on Conasaga Rd.. Cant remember the exact fs roads I traveled but ended up at Lake Conasaga.

Then I hit FS17 to Fs221 and came out in the camp ground at the spillway on the Ocoee. Few more pics.



I kept seeing tracks on Fs 221 and hoped I would catch up but never did. Maybe next time. It was a great ride! I left my house at 9:30am in the Cartersville area an got home at 7:30pm.
JLC640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:02 PM   #27629
jub jub
frumiousbandersnatch
 
jub jub's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Central, GA
Oddometer: 10,860
I helped pull a 990 off the side of pretty steep hill Saturday during the Hooch. Those suckers aren't light. It took like 20 guys and some heavy duty rope to get out.
jub jub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:12 PM   #27630
NitroAcres
MotoBiggots Suck
 
NitroAcres's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: A ChickenHouse in NorthGeorgia
Oddometer: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC640 View Post
Kind of a newbie/ Lurker on the D.O.G. thread, but would like to join up with some of you guys and ride sometime.
Nitro I rode some of the same territory as you and your wife Sat. I started in Chatsworth at Rock Creek OHV then took Tatum Lead to Hwy 52, took a left on Conasaga Rd.. Cant remember the exact fs roads I traveled but ended up at Lake Conasaga.
Then I hit FS17 to Fs221 and came out in the camp ground at the spillway on the Ocoee.
I kept seeing tracks on Fs 221 and hoped I would catch up but never did. Maybe next time. It was a great ride! I left my house at 9:30am in the Cartersville area an got home at 7:30pm.
Nice pics, we rode FS221(more traffic than I care for, some rude folks, who figure big vehicle means they own the road..which is why I usually go during the week, we only saw 2 other bikes once we left the pavement) We went past FS45 I saw there were NO recent tracks, so I flipped around and hit it..twisty and hellafun..and it did come out at the Ocoee Spillway.
Gonna head back up that way as soon as work allows. May have to take the 640Adv, if I go solo.
__________________
Britt Lynn
NitroAcres
Ball Ground Ga
NitroAcres is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014