ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2014, 08:53 PM   #29386
Jud
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tukata View Post
For the engine--- send it to Cycle Wizard or mcma111 if he has time.
CW has done more on the XRL engine than most and he will talk you away from that FI idea probably. mcma111 is a wealth of knowledge as well

I was actually gonna get him to build up the head{port, big fins} and get the big bore and cam from him then get a local guy to build it up. I might well end up just packing it up and sending it to him and get the local guy to do the R&R along with the shock R&R.
Blue Skies Coming
Jud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:47 PM   #29387
ktm1
StIlL lOsT

Oddometer: 61
Hi Kinda new to the site and Meet SuchesRider today. It was great to have meet ya today. Meeting at BMW of Atlanta had me in trouble almost, but the sales guy was pushing the wrong bike to me

Just Would like to drop in and say Hi,

I'm kinda new to the world of DS and starting to get my bicycle all proper

just posting to introduce myself and have this thread sticked, so its easier to find it on my IPad
ktm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:19 AM   #29388
Brown Dog
North Georgia Dual Sportr

Oddometer: 1,939
RC,
Are you moving outta the Country, since your blowing out All your toys
Brown Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:49 PM   #29389
Tukata
ADV Demo Rider

Oddometer: 1,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Dog View Post
RC,
Are you moving outta the Country, since your blowing out All your toys

Second Daughter, so had to make room and priorities.

I just want to go ride....

Going to be selling LOTS of stuff in the coming months. I have 2 more bikes hitting the chopping block and a crap ton of random stuff.
Tukata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:42 AM   #29390
alvincullumyork
I wish I was cool

Oddometer: 1,475
Well I'm moving from Oregon to Atlanta in the next week ( specifically Fayetteville or Peach Tree City). I'm bringing my xr650l and a couple of other things with me. Anyone live around there?

Sent from my clutch hand while riding a wheelie....
alvincullumyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:38 AM   #29391
SpeedyR
SE in the SE

Oddometer: 843
I'll be riding up around north GA towards NC/SC this weekend with two friends from florida. if you see two SE's and an 800XC give us a salute!!

Looks like Saturday is going to be perfect, and hopefully we get back sunday before the weather closes in again...
SpeedyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:46 PM   #29392
PoodlePumper
Custom Title User

Oddometer: 1,171
Where are you starting from and headed to?

PP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyR View Post
I'll be riding up around north GA towards NC/SC this weekend with two friends from florida. if you see two SE's and an 800XC give us a salute!!

Looks like Saturday is going to be perfect, and hopefully we get back sunday before the weather closes in again...
Old 04-04-2014, 01:16 PM   #29393
MrTwisty
Short Bus Cowboy

Oddometer: 2,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyR View Post

Might see you Sunday. Riding small bikes at Moto Mountain tomorrow.
TBA #1001
"Life is too short to be a candy ass." - RuffJeep
'12 Yamaha Super Tenere, '05 KTM 450 EXC. '03 Suzuki DRZ 400S
MrTwisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 02:09 PM   #29394
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvincullumyork View Post
Well I'm moving from Oregon to Atlanta in the next week ( specifically Fayetteville or Peach Tree City). I'm bringing my xr650l and a couple of other things with me. Anyone live around there?

You'll be right in my neck of the woods. Newnan is just on the other side of Peachtree City.

We actually have a good group of us down this way including quite a few DS riders. You'll fit right in with the XR650L.

I've got a couple DS rides that head west to AL and others that head south from this side of town. Plus we can always head north to the mountains. Of the guys that lives right on the PTC/Fayetteville line, his gf's family has a cabin in Clayton, GA up in the NE part of the state and all kinds of great riding up there. Several times a year, we get together and make a long weekend of riding up there.

I also organize a weekly bike night in and around Newnan, PTC, Fayetteville, usually on Wed evenings. Maybe you can join us. Subscribe to this thread and hopefully you can come out and meet us. - South West Atlanta, GA (Newnan area) weekly bike night thread
Smugmug Pics - Save $5 <-- Click Here
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 03:05 PM   #29395
SoilSampleDave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,665
Quote:

I see Dan has already covered the bases with you. I live in Peachtree City, and I have a riding buddy here that has another 350EXC as well. Are you renting or buying right away? I have been here a long time and would be happy to give you some pointers on where you might or might not want to live. What brings you here? Feel free to PM me, happy to help.

'13 350EXC-F
SoilSampleDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:13 PM   #29396
SpeedyR
SE in the SE

Oddometer: 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoodlePumper View Post
Where are you starting from and headed to?

PP
Just saw this. Starting in Atlanta around 285/400 area around 8am. Headed towards dawsonville then suches via gs roads. Will stop by two the. Head across towards helen and then north and then east to Clayton. Spending the night near Clayton then headed back the same trails roughly we came up on. As much dirt as possible. Wandering around some as I don't know the roads/ trails that well. Two super enduros and an 800xc plus a tag along or two one maybe on a gs12 and maybe another ktm adv?
SpeedyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 12:20 AM   #29397
alvincullumyork
I wish I was cool

Oddometer: 1,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLghtning View Post
You'll be right in my neck of the woods. Newnan is just on the other side of Peachtree City.

We actually have a good group of us down this way including quite a few DS riders. You'll fit right in with the XR650L.

I've got a couple DS rides that head west to AL and others that head south from this side of town. Plus we can always head north to the mountains. Of the guys that lives right on the PTC/Fayetteville line, his gf's family has a cabin in Clayton, GA up in the NE part of the state and all kinds of great riding up there. Several times a year, we get together and make a long weekend of riding up there.

I also organize a weekly bike night in and around Newnan, PTC, Fayetteville, usually on Wed evenings. Maybe you can join us. Subscribe to this thread and hopefully you can come out and meet us. - South West Atlanta, GA (Newnan area) weekly bike night thread
Will do for sure! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoilSampleDave View Post
I see Dan has already covered the bases with you. I live in Peachtree City, and I have a riding buddy here that has another 350EXC as well. Are you renting or buying right away? I have been here a long time and would be happy to give you some pointers on where you might or might not want to live. What brings you here? Feel free to PM me, happy to help.

350 exc I'll have a hard time keeping up! I'm moving there for work. I'll be there for at about 6 to 8 months so I'll be looking to rent. I have a dog and would like a garage, hell I'd live in a garage if it was cheap enough. Thanks for the help!

alvincullumyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 02:01 PM   #29398
Brown Dog
North Georgia Dual Sportr

Oddometer: 1,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tukata View Post
Second Daughter, so had to make room and priorities...
Congrats to RC & Kate
Brown Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 02:53 PM   #29399
trespalacios
Oh libertad

Oddometer: 689
Quote:

The very XR650L your brother rode to Tierra del Fuego? How cool is that!!

Antioquia, tierra de mis amores
Some trail riding stories
trespalacios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:11 PM   #29400
mb90535im
'05 R1200 GS

Oddometer: 4,966
Rode upon the scene of a bad accident on 60, North of Coopers Creek today. I had run 42 across to Suches and was headed up to Dial, to come back toward Ellijay. Looked like a gold SUV had turned over and was off the road to the right. I didn't get a good look because I was paying close attention to the guys directing traffic, but I noticed they had a big German Shepard on a leash and another laid out on a tarp like it was dead.

Hope the people were OK, the vehicle was pretty beat up.

Beautiful day for a ride in the mountains, but dang, seeing that dog laid out like that kind of spooked me. Took it a little easier on the way back to he cabin.

Also as I was heading home I run into an "Aussie" chap I hadn't seen in a while at New Hope fueling up one of those new KTM Adventure bikes. He and a guy on a Yamaha ST were headed toward Suches. Both nice bikes.

All in all, great day to ride.
mb90535im is offline   Reply With Quote