ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2009, 03:44 PM   #7081
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,604
Well, I guess we'll be waiting on pins and needles til Crane confirms or denies. I heard someone else got a little busted up too.

Hope ya both heal up nice and quick and get things back to normal.

Let us DOGs know if you need ANYTHING.
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:49 PM   #7082
Dags
I'm not British

Oddometer: 1,240
Crane you OK bloke
Dags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:07 AM   #7083
inspectorpacket
back in the saddle again.

Oddometer: 232
D.O.G. Graphic, stickers

Who has the hi-res electronic copy of the DOG sticker that resembles the ADV sticker, and whom do I have to bribe, beg, beat to get a coupla stickers?
inspectorpacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:48 AM   #7084
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Inspector Packet, Debandi has the electronic image but I gots the stickers. You can paypal $5 each to markscherrens@yahoo.com.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:56 AM   #7085
mile0321
Recon Marine

Oddometer: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by flux_capacitor
Well, I guess we'll be waiting on pins and needles til Crane confirms or denies. I heard someone else got a little busted up too.

Hope ya both heal up nice and quick and get things back to normal.

Let us DOGs know if you need ANYTHING.

I'm going to go ahead and confirm this rumor. Crane will be down for a while...broken wrist in two places. This is coming from my buddy Chris who rents out a room at Cranes house. Hope you heal quickly buddy.
mile0321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:27 AM   #7086
Some Dude
what attitude problem???

Oddometer: 4,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by mile0321
I'm going to go ahead and confirm this rumor. Crane will be down for a while...broken wrist in two places. This is coming from my buddy Chris who rents out a room at Cranes house. Hope you heal quickly buddy.
Aww fawk, that's not good for his work either. Thought the race bike he was going to ride was down and out, he didn't try that tight ass enduro on his 625 did he? I heard it was slicker then snot and tighter then tight.

Heal up Crane, you'll be running in no time as your wife isn't going to let a few broken bones keep you on the couch I'm sure. Sounds like double the spin classes for you.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:56 AM   #7087
ARod2000
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 443
Crane Crane Crane! **** that dude!

I'M gonna be alright guys (thanks for asking.... )

For the record, I never said Crane's name. I'll let him tell his own story.

I broke a bone in my hand (that sentence probably sounds like Charlie Brown's teacher to you guys, right?). Bark busters did it to me. Doc says six weeks but if you have to break a bone this is the one to break. I did it in the last section and was able to ride out the last few miles and still get some points for the race. Thanks for your concern......now back to Crane

ARod2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:07 AM   #7088
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARod2000
Crane Crane Crane! **** that dude!

I'M gonna be alright guys (thanks for asking.... )

For the record, I never said Crane's name. I'll let him tell his own story.

I broke a bone in my hand (that sentence probably sounds like Charlie Brown's teacher to you guys, right?). Bark busters did it to me. Doc says six weeks but if you have to break a bone this is the one to break. I did it in the last section and was able to ride out the last few miles and still get some points for the race. Thanks for your concern......now back to Crane

Hey, YOU'RE the one that came in here with the guessing game, fucko. Now dude, I hope you get healed up as well and if either of you clumsy fucks needs anything, just holler. If you guys didn't both break the same hand, maybe you could ride 2 up and tag team a bike.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:10 AM   #7089
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,285
Hello Dog's, thanks for all the pm's and well wish's. Yea i carried to much momentum into a tight, slick section, and clipped a tree hit a slick root, clipped another tree, then dead centered a tree. The bike came to a complete stop, then I fell over. Went to grab the bike and noticed something wasn't rite. Looked down at my arm and knew rite away it was broke. My radius was sticking up about an inch higher than my wrist. So before it got swollen and stiff I looked for the fastest way to the truck. I thought it was just the radius, but when I got home and went to the Doc to have it X-Rayed, it had broken both bones about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch behind my wrist. I had surgery yesterday, where the Doc plated and screwed it. I'm not even going to have to wear a cast. I should be out of a splint in 10 days and working on some range of motion. Well I'm going to lay back down, it's starting to swell.
GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:25 AM   #7090
ARod2000
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by flux_capacitor
Hey, YOU'RE the one that came in here with the guessing game, fucko. Now dude, I hope you get healed up as well and if either of you clumsy fucks needs anything, just holler. If you guys didn't both break the same hand, maybe you could ride 2 up and tag team a bike.
"fucko"? like this guy?

Ok, I admit it, im a fucko. Im over my pitty party now.

Soon enough Ill be back at it. Until then, Cardio for me!! Would be nice to come out of this with less weight.
ARod2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:31 AM   #7091
SuchesRider
Just Do It!

Oddometer: 1,672
Dang! Both you guys heal up fast! If you need anything, I (and the DOGS) are here for you! Take care, fellas! SR
Old 01-22-2009, 10:36 AM   #7092
phideaux
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB
Hello Dog's, thanks for all the pm's and well wish's. Yea i carried to much momentum into a tight, slick section, and clipped a tree hit a slick root, clipped another tree, then dead centered a tree. The bike came to a complete stop, then I fell over. Went to grab the bike and noticed something wasn't rite. Looked down at my arm and knew rite away it was broke. My radius was sticking up about an inch higher than my wrist. So before it got swollen and stiff I looked for the fastest way to the truck. I thought it was just the radius, but when I got home and went to the Doc to have it X-Rayed, it had broken both bones about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch behind my wrist. I had surgery yesterday, where the Doc plated and screwed it. I'm not even going to have to wear a cast. I should be out of a splint in 10 days and working on some range of motion. Well I'm going to lay back down, it's starting to swell.
Hope you heal well and quick! Heck, in two years it'll prolly look like this:

DAMHIK!!!!

Show off your scar thread now!!

Mrs. Phideaux to her octogenarian friend when the granny wants to know if she can sit on one of my bikes:

"It's Okay, they only fall over when HE'S on them."

North GA Tag-O-Rama Map
Georgia Tag-O-Rama Map
phideaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:59 AM   #7093
DirtDabber
cultural illiterate

Oddometer: 7,721
Heal up Guys.

Typing one fingered will hurt your post count.

I wonder where that road goes?
DirtDabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:24 PM   #7094
GaM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,877
Thats the same place I broke mine, right above the wrist, both bones. Held my arm out and my hand was doing a 90 degree straight down from behind the wrist.
GaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:45 PM   #7095
stretchmark
StretchMark

Oddometer: 331
Sorry to hear that Mike and ARod. That sucks. Hope you heal fast!
stretchmark is offline   Reply With Quote