ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2007, 05:58 PM   #781
Willy-B
onebudwiser

Oddometer: 7,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDR650
Hey Flux,
Did you get rid of your KTM ?
If so may be the rest of us will be able to keep up with you on the trail It looks to be in very good shape, and I like your seat cover from Wally World, fits good.
I was out on Tabbaco patch Rd last weekend, looks like some 4-wheeler madness has been going on, they have it preety rutted up. Nothing that was bad enough to slow me down, but them boys have been tearing it up

Happy trails to all !
Have we rode together before??

My theory, you only get one chance, go full fucking throttle, all the way, all the time.-Trip
Willy-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 06:06 PM   #782
jetdoctor
Master of the Obvious

Oddometer: 159
Anybody riding this weekend 4/20-4/23?

Hi all,
I have a few days off work and was wondering what is up?
I want to do some riding, just when and where is up for debate.
Some DSing would be great if anyone is game. Maybe even an overnight camp.
Of course I might just get on the Connie. I have always wanted to see Key West from a bike. I could also use a pic by the Southern most point in the US to add to my end of the road picture page......
Cheers,
Doug

See my Pictures at:
http://www.pbase.com/jetdoctor
jetdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 06:40 PM   #783
Philip Kuntz
Fleasy Rider

Oddometer: 4,720
Dags, I had a couple of hernias repaired several years ago. Bi-lateral, Inguenal (sp?). They gave me a choice of methods, laproscopic, (less pain, scarring, but newer and less proven) and the direct conventional method of cutting me open to plug it. I went with the tried and true conventional method, and wish I had gone the other way. Do the laproscopic if you have a choice. I live with pain every day from it now. They offered to send me to the pain clinic so they could inject me with some crap to "kill some of the nerve endings". Screw that, if that crap tears again I want to feel it.

BTW, my hernia came from heavy lifting. It never hurt at all, I just noticed the lump. If I was fat, I would have never had reason to go to the doctor to have it checked out because it wouldnt have been noticable.
Philip Kuntz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:33 PM   #784
Dags
I'm not British

Oddometer: 1,240
Hernias thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Kuntz
Dags, I had a couple of hernias repaired several years ago. Bi-lateral, Inguenal (sp?). They gave me a choice of methods, laproscopic, (less pain, scarring, but newer and less proven) and the direct conventional method of cutting me open to plug it. I went with the tried and true conventional method, and wish I had gone the other way. Do the laproscopic if you have a choice. I live with pain every day from it now. They offered to send me to the pain clinic so they could inject me with some crap to "kill some of the nerve endings". Screw that, if that crap tears again I want to feel it.

BTW, my hernia came from heavy lifting. It never hurt at all, I just noticed the lump. If I was fat, I would have never had reason to go to the doctor to have it checked out because it wouldnt have been noticable.
I'm voting for a hernia thread -probably under equipment

I've got what I'm told is an easy one to fix - the intestine is attempting an exit strategy through my belly button. I went to a surgeon who only does hernias, he has written many books etc. According to DR intestine my best option for this type is the old cutting method - he reckons the cut won't be much bigger than with the laprascopic technique.

I got this from lifing a heaving object - the klr

When the pain came on I had been - not the right state of mind to be off to the hospital.

That sucks about your hernia experiences - I'm hoping mine works out and off on my trip ASAP.

Cheers
Dags
Dags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 03:53 AM   #785
GSDR650
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Re;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy-B
Have we rode together before??
Yes sir,
I belive we have, I ride a blue DR 650. We rode together on Flux's big adventure last fall. You ride a green KLR 650 if I am not mistakin'.
GSDR650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 12:43 PM   #786
GA-KLR
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
Jet Doc..Gotta plan yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetdoctor
Hi all,
I have a few days off work and was wondering what is up?
I want to do some riding, just when and where is up for debate.
Some DSing would be great if anyone is game. Maybe even an overnight camp.
Of course I might just get on the Connie. I have always wanted to see Key West from a bike. I could also use a pic by the Southern most point in the US to add to my end of the road picture page......
Cheers,
Doug
Jet Doc...(or anyone riding this weekend)....You have a ride plan yet? I am riding either street or dirt friday and/or saturday from Marietta to N. GA for day trip only for me.

Let me know if you are heading that way and want to link up. I'll do around 250 miles on either bike.

Need to set a time and place.
GA-KLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:40 PM   #787
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,604
I am out this weekend. Camping with some non-moto college buddies.

Jet Doc- a ride to Key West sounds great right about now. All I know is this weekend is gonna be fantastic no matter where you go. Have a good one dude.

GSDR- Hey Gary...long time no see. You fucking live in my town dude, stop by sometime. Billy- you have met Gary once or twice I believe. He wears a blue Airoh S4 dual sport helmet. And don't worry, Gary, I still have the Katoom. The KLR is my street machine. I am about to go slap some Kenda 761's on it in a few.

Dags- I've been sorta confused about the proper way to lift the KLR onto its centerstand since I got mine. It sure is a pain in the ass to get on there. Hope to see you again before you leave us all.

Sure hope to get some rides in with y'all sometime soon here.
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 03:16 PM   #788
GSDR650
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by flux_capacitor
I am out this weekend. Camping with some non-moto college buddies.

Jet Doc- a ride to Key West sounds great right about now. All I know is this weekend is gonna be fantastic no matter where you go. Have a good one dude.

GSDR- Hey Gary...long time no see. You fucking live in my town dude, stop by sometime. Billy- you have met Gary once or twice I believe. He wears a blue Airoh S4 dual sport helmet. And don't worry, Gary, I still have the Katoom. The KLR is my street machine. I am about to go slap some Kenda 761's on it in a few.

Dags- I've been sorta confused about the proper way to lift the KLR onto its centerstand since I got mine. It sure is a pain in the ass to get on there. Hope to see you again before you leave us all.

Sure hope to get some rides in with y'all sometime soon here.
Will do flux !
GSDR650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 03:26 PM   #789
Willy-B
onebudwiser

Oddometer: 7,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDR650
Yes sir,
I belive we have, I ride a blue DR 650. We rode together on Flux's big adventure last fall. You ride a green KLR 650 if I am not mistakin'.
I thought I recognized the screen name.

Where ya been at?? You've missed a bunch of rides since the big adventure.

Come ride with us next get together if your schedule allows.

My theory, you only get one chance, go full fucking throttle, all the way, all the time.-Trip
Willy-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 03:31 PM   #790
knybanjo
kinda slow

Oddometer: 23,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by flux_capacitor
Dags- I've been sorta confused about the proper way to lift the KLR onto its centerstand since I got mine. It sure is a pain in the ass to get on there.
I've not had a KLR but.........I have a 750#+ full dresser and I don't lift it. The stand lifts the bike for me! I've seen a number of people try to lift thier bikes.......when the stand was able to lift it for them, damhik.

Just put all your body weight on the stand (stand on it!) and lean back....it will act as a lever and slowly lift the bike for you....all you need to do is keep it balanced.

Now if you were refering to lifting it onto a crate type of stand...........you may want to get a self lifting type stand rather than that old milk crate.

p.s. Sorry about the hernia....that sux. I hope you have a speedy recovery!
Old 04-19-2007, 06:29 PM   #791
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by knybanjo
I've not had a KLR but.........I have a 750#+ full dresser and I don't lift it. The stand lifts the bike for me! I've seen a number of people try to lift thier bikes.......when the stand was able to lift it for them, damhik.

Just put all your body weight on the stand (stand on it!) and lean back....it will act as a lever and slowly lift the bike for you....all you need to do is keep it balanced.

Now if you were refering to lifting it onto a crate type of stand...........you may want to get a self lifting type stand rather than that old milk crate.

Hey Kevin! How goes it? Yeah, it's a bolt on centerstand. I have tried your method, but it doesn't work too well on this bike for some reason. I reckon I'll just save it for tire changes, like earlier tonight. Got 2 Kenda 761's mounted up in no time flat. Seriously, I think I set a new record for myself. Wheels removed, new tires mounted, wheels reassembled...30 minutes. Not bad for a white kid from Alpharetta.
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 06:39 PM   #792
Dags
I'm not British

Oddometer: 1,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by knybanjo

I was putting my wife's lowered klr on the center stand which is too long for the height of the bike. I had to do this several times checking the lowered side stand I was making. It was just a dumb move.
Dags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 06:44 PM   #793
knybanjo
kinda slow

Oddometer: 23,130
Huh, it just sounds like a bad design.
I hoped you knew better.....but I've thought other people would know better too.

I hope to get down that way to ride some dirt with ya one of these days.....if I get a flat while I'm there you can change it for me Speedy!
Old 04-19-2007, 08:00 PM   #794
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,477
dags i hope you get better and can get on with the trip let me know if ya need anything i will get flux to take care of anything you might need

flux,lucky,and willy b where ya been

flux how can ya have college buds when ya didn't go to college?????

oh yeah this your gay getaway with the boys sorry i forgot!!!

quote from 4runner "but,if you really need a 80/20 , which most of us do and won't admit it,"
kdscoates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 08:33 PM   #795
Wheedle
I love inflatable fun!

Oddometer: 3,772
SO..... anyone gettin dirty in NorthGA this wekend????

Life is short, Enjoy the ride!
- Todd Phillips
Ride in peace brother.....
Wheedle is offline   Reply With Quote