ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2009, 04:24 PM   #10081
Willy-B
onebudwiser

Oddometer: 7,804
You know, I'm gonna hafta take you up on the annual ride.

Hopefully things will ease up for you and your family sooner than later, I'm sure Jeremy would want it that way. Although I never met him, from what I read, he seems like one heck of a good guy.

Meanwhile, we're all ears, if you want to type out your feelings, feel free to do so.

My theory, you only get one chance, go full fucking throttle, all the way, all the time.-Trip
Willy-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:11 PM   #10082
Wattner
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,955
Oh man, just read this..."Jeremy's mom" I am so sorry for your loss. Words simply cannot convey the emotions that you must be experiencing. For what it is worth, your son, your family and you will be in our prayers... Godspeed young man, Jeremy you will be missed, but the love will never dwindle.
Wattner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:42 AM   #10083
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,604
Denise, I read about your loss in the Nugget and was very sad to hear that we lost such a gem of a local resident. Seems everyone here in town knows Jeremy one way or another. Please be sure to remind us about your ride next year and I'm sure we will all help in any way you might need, do not hesitate to ask. Best wishes to your family.
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:39 AM   #10084
Brown Dog
North Georgia Dual Sportr

Oddometer: 1,926
debandi, you better stay away from those R/R tracks. you'll
get another r/r spike in ur tar
Brown Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:56 PM   #10085
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,604
Anyone wanna roll with us down to the Scrub next weekend (Oct 15-18 for Biketoberfest)? So far, it's Lucky, Dags, and myself.
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:58 PM   #10086
Truckin_Thumper
low profile

Oddometer: 28,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by flux_capacitor
Anyone wanna roll with us down to the Scrub next weekend (Oct 15-18 for Biketoberfest)? So far, it's Lucky, Dags, and myself.
Flap cup plusitor, I Bine Parons weakned this, I do.

Old 10-07-2009, 04:14 PM   #10087
SuchesRider
Just Do It!

Oddometer: 1,673
Hi D.O.G.s I just wanted to show off my ISDT medals. The gold medal I received this past weekend was awarded to me by Jack Penton. It was an awesome event. SR

Old 10-07-2009, 04:19 PM   #10088
sandmar
llama llama..rabbit

Oddometer: 3,309
w00t well done SR!
sandmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:27 PM   #10089
Brown Dog
North Georgia Dual Sportr

Oddometer: 1,926
GOOD JOB PATTY
Brown Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:32 PM   #10090
Wattner
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,955
Hey Patty,

That is WAY cool!!!! Mr. Penton has ben a hero of mine for decades!!!!!

Flux, I will be in Florida and am planning on making the scrub. I have my trailer with a/c, a generator and all 3 bikes set up for sand.....

I can get food, grog and ale!!!!!! I will be in Duluth tomorrow night and return to Florida on Monday for the week
Wattner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:42 PM   #10091
mikem9
Wanderer

Oddometer: 1,194
Denise, Jeremy's Mom - I'm blown away by your post. I think I met you briefly on FBAIV - early in the ride when we were a little lost, not too long after Jim broke his hand/ribs. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
mikem9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:46 PM   #10092
mikem9
Wanderer

Oddometer: 1,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchesRider
Hi D.O.G.s I just wanted to show off my ISDT medals. The gold medal I received this past weekend was awarded to me by Jack Penton. It was an awesome event. SR
Patty - that's awesome! Jack Penton himself - wow. very cool. I know a lot of offroad motorcyclists, and you have to be one of the more serious ones I know. Your knowlege of bikes, history of the sport etc is impressive.

Tell us more about the qualifier.
mikem9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:48 PM   #10093
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ_Lady
Thank you to all my dual sport friends for your kind words regarding the sudden passing of my 25-year-old, Jeremy Wehunt. Jeremy passed away on Friday, September 25 due to injuries sustained in a one vehicle accident in Dahlonega.

Jeremy had two loves in his life....his wife Amber and his KTM250. Please pray for Amber as she is struggling to accept the loss of Jeremy and on Sunday (10/4) had to face their one year wedding anniversary alone. It's been a very difficult time for us all.

Jeremy was an avid SETRA enduro/hare scramble racer (250B Class). He also loved to jump on my DR400 (or my husband's KLR650) at any given time and just take off to no where! Like his mom, he loved to ride the dirt. Jeremy's KTM is safe with me and will proudly be displayed at home next to my bike. I will forever cherish the memories Jeremy made on the KTM.

I miss his antics and his sense of humor. I'll especially miss being able to call him up when I had question or needed help with my dual sport. He was my mechanic-on-call and never hesitated to help me with my bike. Of course, he never hesitated to make fun of my pink Fox Racing gear! He laughed at me when I showed him the photos someone posted of Flux's Big Adventure IV --there I was in the lead pack --pink helmet and all! He loved to give me a hard time!

In honor of Jeremy, we have established the Jeremy Wehunt Dual Sport Memorial Ride to be held annually on the first Saturday in October. A handful of us rode the first annual ride this past Saturday through Union (Suches) and Lumpkin (Dahlonega) Counties. We hope that the number of riders will continue to grow each year. It's just an easy ride through through the forest service roads and trails. A time to reflect on life and enjoy fellowship. This year's ride was very short notice but I do hope to post next years well in advance.

For those who knew Jeremy and wish to share memories, a global Facebook page has been established for him titled Family and Friends of Jeremy C. Wehunt. We'd love for you to post any photos or share your memories. It is our way of remembering Jeremy and an attempt to heal our broken hearts. Things will never be better, but hopefully they will get easier.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/gr...6327607&ref=ts

If you're ever in the Dahlonega area on your DS please look us up - we'd be glad to join you. We're just a hop, skip and a jump from the Wagon Wheel Restaurant located on Hwy 19/60N. Feel free to also email us at dbryant@ngcsu.edu or skipperb@windstream.net

Our family will forever be grateful for the love and support from the ADV, SETRA and Georgia Off Road families--God Bless you all.

DRZ_Lady
Denise Holtzclaw Bryant
"Jeremy's Mom"

i was very shocked to hear of this last week, i am a good friend of jason and his family i have worked with his step father for 15 years and had met jeremy several times with amber and jason over the years and he always had a smile and always loved to talk about bikes!! he was a great hard working kid and will be missed!!
if you or your family need anything please feel free to call!!!
i have told jason and john this as well and do not hesitate if you guys need anything!!
i am sorry for your loss and hope his strength will carry on within you and his family!!
steve coates

quote from 4runner "but,if you really need a 80/20 , which most of us do and won't admit it,"
kdscoates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:51 PM   #10094
red bud
alky w/motorcycle problem

Oddometer: 5,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchesRider

"red bud has anyone ever told u you're bit of an ass" bmwblake

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706516
red bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:18 PM   #10095
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnBOYhenson
Dan, thanks for the report. I read it yesterday morning and realized what my sunday ride would be. I hit the rail line right at the north end in Allie and rode to Pine Mountain, turned around and rode back. It definitely took some getting used to, but after that I was able to run right at 30mph although it got hairy in spots.

Did you guys cross the gates with the posted signs? I did, I wonder who owns the right of way now that's it's abandoned? After I got home I zoomed in on it in Goodle Earth and read more on the CofGA article to find that the line was run to Raymond GA. I think I might try to ride that, although I think it might be impassable from overgrowth.

Anyway, thanks again for sharing the rail!
Sorry, just catching up on this thread again.

Yeah, we did go through the open gate. Didn't seem to be much there we were disturbing.

Where did you find the tracks out of Allie? I looked for them as we went down Allie Rd, but didn't see anything?

Glad you got a chance to run it all the way down and back.
Smugmug Pics - Save $5 <-- Click Here

BlueLghtning screwed with this post 10-07-2009 at 06:26 PM
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote