Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-10-2007, 08:35 PM   #46
Ken
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 57,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry
Get a helmet... go skate, have fun, be healthy.

Good on ya !

Barry
And wrist guards... I got them for the unicycle
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:36 PM   #47
land_shark OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 173
My board has shipped, my insurance is up to date, and I'm getting really excited about this after reading all of your posts. ...those longboards are already starting to look mighty appealing. so cool.

Gravity'sDog, I'm diggin' your style. great pics, thanks for the link!

Jason

land_shark screwed with this post 01-11-2007 at 08:38 AM
land_shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:38 PM   #48
Ken
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 57,198
http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=525

Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:49 PM   #49
sAMOa
Rip Me a Good One

Oddometer: 17
I hate to put you guys to shame, but lately that's been my job when it comes to people dissin' one of the coolest sports on the planet. Let's just say at 52 I'm an avid skateboarder of almost 40 years. Before I continue, let me just say now that I put 24k on my 2003 SV1000 last year and just put the 5th set of tires on. SO, I believe I belong here yappin me face in the wake of 2 consecutive Warp visitations. Yes, I drove up from San Diego 2 years in a row to meet some of the coolest dudes on the planet. Getting back to skatin', and cuttin to the chase, I invented a skateboarding technique called "skogging". skogging is a blend of skateboarding and jogging. Excellent exercise for skaters to work on developing an all around balance. You can go to www.skogging.com for more. This has allowed me to stay in great shape for all kinds of skateboarding. I still ride vert, race downhill and love to just cruise....

so.. there's my .02 for now. I'll add more as time goes along but for now the BBQ calls and my GF is bitchin! GET OFF THAT DAMN THING!!

skateboarding aint for everyone but if you are true american! you'll find a way to get back on and at least sidewalk surf again!

CHEERS MATES
cYa

p.s. i sell a board 38" x 9.25 double kick concave surface with a sligh camber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by land_shark
I'm 31. I'm married. I'm a programmer. I'm 20 lbs. overweight. I ordered a complete board last night on the web. I've never really skated before, but dammit, I'm going to give it a shot. As ridiculous as it sounds, I've been searching around for stuff on the web along the lines of: "too old" "skateboard" "new"... you get the idea. Being confined to a cubicle day in and day out is driving me to find new ways to taste freedom. I'm starting to get this urge to (re)discover all those things I never did when I was younger.

I'm excited to push my boundaries, regain some balance, and quite possibly break my arm (never done that before, either!). 30 is the new 20, right? Wish me luck...
Jason
sAMOa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:50 PM   #50
dagwood
Banned

Oddometer: 35,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken
Old Fart Allert!
dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:53 PM   #51
dagwood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sAMOa
I hate to put you guys to shame, but lately that's been my job when it comes to people dissin' one of the coolest sports on the planet. Let's just say at 52 I'm an avid skateboarder of almost 40 years. Before I continue, let me just say now that I put 24k on my 2003 SV1000 last year and just put the 5th set of tires on. SO, I believe I belong here yappin me face in the wake of 2 consecutive Warp visitations. Yes, I drove up from San Diego 2 years in a row to meet some of the coolest dudes on the planet. Getting back to skatin', and cuttin to the chase, I invented a skateboarding technique called "skogging". skogging is a blend of skateboarding and jogging. Excellent exercise for skaters to work on developing an all around balance. You can go to www.skogging.com for more. This has allowed me to stay in great shape for all kinds of skateboarding. I still ride vert, race downhill and love to just cruise....

so.. there's my .02 for now. I'll add more as time goes along but for now the BBQ calls and my GF is bitchin! GET OFF THAT DAMN THING!!

skateboarding aint for everyone but if you are true american! you'll find a way to get back on and at least sidewalk surf again!

CHEERS MATES
cYa

Old 01-10-2007, 08:56 PM   #52
Zodiac
loosely portrayed

Oddometer: 31,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by sAMOa

CHEERS MATES
cYa

So have you seen Ken's motivational seminar video yet?

Welcome to the asylum
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:02 PM   #53
inkdwheels
Negro Please.

Oddometer: 1,081
16yr old inkdwheels

inkdwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:06 PM   #54
Zodiac
loosely portrayed

Oddometer: 31,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkdwheels

You know I was gonna ask if Black guys could skate.......

Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:08 PM   #55
dagwood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry
You know I was gonna ask if Black guys could skate.......

obviously not.

Old 01-11-2007, 07:49 AM   #56
land_shark OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 173
go man!

land_shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:14 AM   #57
Photog
Charismatic Megafauna

Oddometer: 46,308
Paging Lupe Fiasco...
Photog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:21 AM   #58
Flaco
Zombie Holocaust

Oddometer: 2,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by land_shark

So freaking sweet!

You old guys should check out this book...

http://www.amazon.com/Answer-Is-Neve.../dp/0802139450

Skateboarders History of the world. A great read if you want to get all nostalgic about the bad old days of skating.

F.

Old 01-11-2007, 08:34 AM   #59
blacksan
Rev Limiter

Oddometer: 4,251
Oh geeez, now I want a long board too. It's been so long since I surfed asphlat My last board had steel wheels. So, I just want to play and not have dillusions of grandger, What should I be looking for?
blacksan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:43 AM   #60
blacksan
Rev Limiter

Oddometer: 4,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken
When I turned 40 I bought a unicycle and learned how to ride the fucker... keep having fun
We have a local kid that rides several diffrent styles on unicycles including one set up for off road with great skill. I always admired him but when i caught a glimps of him doing steps I was truly awestruck. How long did it take you to get the hang of it?
blacksan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: