Factory KTM Tank Bag Blows 1 1.72%
Other Brand Is what you need to get. 21 36.21%
Tank Bags in General Blow 8 13.79%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-11-2007, 02:54 PM   #16
laramie LC4
crash test dummy!

Oddometer: 2,342
i have the ktm tank bag and i think it is OK.

for zipping around town it is great. i dont have to carry a bag, all my stuff fits inside, and it will hold A LOT of crap. i think its pretty well made and am happy with the purchase for the price (i got it new for $40).

the thing i dont like, which has been mentioned, is that it really gets in the way when standing. i dont know why they didnt think of that before they built it. if im on a trip that actually requires that big of a bag, then im most likely going to want to stand to stretch the legs at least 1/2 of the way. then if the terrrain gets at all difficult, your going to really have issues.

so, i guess depending on what your using it for its pretty good.

laters,

laramie

'12 LC8 990R, '02 LC4 640, '05 WR 450f (part-out), '98 XR400R, '76 KE100, '05 525 (Step-Child)
laramie LC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:10 PM   #17
rapiti
IOR Veteran

Oddometer: 1,896
My Touratech tankbag ended upon the back after a few climbs. It still holds 24 Tecates, though (expanded.) How many beers does Wolfie's Enduro bag hold?

If I were starting over, I'd go the Enduro.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:21 PM   #18
wolfmanluggage
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 472
Tank Bags

I am partial to the Expedition Small on my 640 Adv. http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/
Woof
Eric
Godspeed Elmer Symons
wolfmanluggage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:26 PM   #19
v8turbo OP
When in Doubt.... Gas it.

Oddometer: 695
i may have to give the wolf a call.
v8turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 05:00 PM   #20
Two Dot
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 566
I can't believe no one has mentioned the Wolfman Enduro... (well Creeper kinda did)

The ONLY tankbag for serious off road work, never gets in the way. Rides rock solid on the tank, just the right amount of room to keep you from overfilling it, does not interfear with gassing up. In a word...PERFECT.

Just my $.02
Old 01-12-2007, 09:01 AM   #21
Gilarider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
That enduro bag looks about the same size as the expedition small which I got for my adventure.

I think it is really well made and you don't need a raincover, which is nice. I just think it gets in the way riding on dirt when you need to get some weight over the front sitting or standing.

It is probably the smallest bag out there though, and anything smaller would probably be a waste of time. I like it up as far forward as possible and that means covering the gas cap and taking off the breather hose which is a hassle filling up, but only for a few seconds.

Bottom line, I only use it for loaded touring and am just not a tankbag guy, even thought the wolfman is a great bag.
Gilarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 12:47 PM   #22
dhally
Hammerhead

Oddometer: 2,004
+1 Wolfman Enduro

My Wolfman Enduro is never in the way and although small, it holds everything that needs to be close at hand. You can gas up without moving it. It comes off easily enough but putting it back on takes a minute or so.

I found out accidentally that a CycloActive barpack folding mapcase mates up with the velcro on top of the Wolfman very well. The mapcase that comes with the Wolfman is too small for my maps.

I think the Wolfman Small Expedition is a similar size, water proof, no zippers and it also expands up.
dhally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 01:15 PM   #23
sss
paid to worry

Oddometer: 51
+1 more for the Enduro
sss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 10:01 PM   #24
Sparrowhawk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,829
I want to use a tank bag for both longer trips and running errands/commuting aroung town. I want to be able to take the bag with me when I get to the cafe, store, work, etc. Do the Wolfman expedition bags have a convenient quick mount/disconnect hardware so it's easy to bring them off the bike with a few quick clips without stringing the straps through the frame and tank? If so, can you ride with just the mounting staps left on so it's easy to mount the bags when you need them and leave them at home when you don't?

The pictures on Wolfman's site and those here don't show the kind of detail of the mounting system to see how it works.

Thanks.
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 06:59 AM   #25
nfranco
over macho grande?

Oddometer: 762
+1 Enduro Tank bag
nfranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 07:28 AM   #26
dom02
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 155
Got the enduro about 6 months ago. Doesn't hold a whole lot, but never gets in the way. Just picked up the Wolf Tail after my Eclipse bit the dust. Nice combination & great quality!
dom02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 08:12 AM   #27
Zapp22
ZAPP - Tejas

Oddometer: 13,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeper
Last thing... all Eric's gear is made right here in the USA.
I just got "sold" ! will purchase today.
Zapp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 04:53 PM   #28
rapiti
IOR Veteran

Oddometer: 1,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrowhawk
I want to use a tank bag for both longer trips and running errands/commuting aroung town. I want to be able to take the bag with me when I get to the cafe, store, work, etc. Do the Wolfman expedition bags have a convenient quick mount/disconnect hardware so it's easy to bring them off the bike with a few quick clips without stringing the straps through the frame and tank? If so, can you ride with just the mounting staps left on so it's easy to mount the bags when you need them and leave them at home when you don't?

The pictures on Wolfman's site and those here don't show the kind of detail of the mounting system to see how it works.

Thanks.
The Touratech tank bag I have might best meet your needs. It is big, vertically expandable, and has a heavy zip off base. I think the KTM hardparts bag is similar, but the zip is lighter duty, along with the fabric. Not the best for trail riding, but good for what you are describing.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:38 PM   #29
fasteddy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 331
I've been using the KTM Hard Parts tank bag (640 Adventure) for the last three seasons, the tank bag gets in my way when standing (I've got a 29 inseam) might be OK for taller riders. The main encloser zipper has failed, pulled right out of the bag at two different spots. To be fair I may have stressed it a couple of times. The stitching should be more robust.
Hopefully I can get a Wolfman Expedition small tank bag shipped up here to the Great White North

Ed...
fasteddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 11:53 AM   #30
v8turbo OP
When in Doubt.... Gas it.

Oddometer: 695
i called the wolf and got the small expedition bag.

stand by for a review when it shows up.
v8turbo is offline   Reply With Quote