Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2014, 10:09 PM   #286
PunkRockMonkey
Captain Underpants

Oddometer: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtJack View Post
The hole actually looks big to me. What size jet is that. If you go too large, you'll have trouble finding neutral when stopped.
It's the stock jet from the bike, as far as I know. I didn't look until you mentioned it, but in the crappy pics I have, I spotted a "3" on the top of the jet, so is it safe to assume it's the .3 ?

Either way, the bike shifts normally now and I just re-checked the clutch slave to see if there was any seepage (which it usually does after I park it) and there's no oil to be found.

Happy monkey.
PunkRockMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 10:36 PM   #287
Guano11
Half Decaf

Oddometer: 1,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkRockMonkey View Post
Hey, Long time lurker, first time poster here.
With all of the tips in this thread, I was able to successfully remove the oiler jet for the pushrod (using the flathead screwdriver bit/q-tip approach) and cleaned the jet out with a spot of guitar string and some brake cleaner. Next thing I know, there's no more oil leak behind my slave cylinder! (At least for now.)
Thanks again!
"Velcome aboart" -- and thanks for posting up. You've resurrected an informative thread of which I was unaware.
Guano11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:47 AM   #288
rossphoto
GDTRFB

Oddometer: 588
+1
Old Yesterday, 07:15 AM   #289
ADVRadu
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
I feel like I need to bring this one back up...

I started having trouble with clutch drag as well. In order to fix it, I took out the oil jet and I noticed it was either clogged or it was actually a plug (?). Not sure...I used a 0.5 mm drill bit to 'clear and enlarge' the hole anyway.

I checked my clutch slave (triple o-ring Sigutech) while I was at it - no problems observed.

At first the bike worked perfectly fine: shifting in and out of 1st and 2nd gear was smooth as butter, bike did not have the tendency to pull forward with the clutch disengaged, etc. Perfect...al ran fine until the engine got hot and the cooling fan started. At that point, the clutch started to drag again. I let it cool down, and again it's working fine!

I even tried running the bike for a bit with the jet completely removed - bike behaves still the same, horrible clutch drag when hot.

This is especially frustrating as I am at the moment in another country for business reasons and I left my baby suffering alone in my garage back home :(

I left a bit clueless now, maybe some ideas from more experienced inmates can be of some help. Any idea would be apreciated.
ADVRadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:58 AM   #290
Boatman
Ride more, BS less!

Oddometer: 10,003
How many miles on the bike? What year?

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:44 PM   #291
AdvRonski
They call me......Ronski

Oddometer: 673
I know a lot of people have used the .5 mm jet that CJ Designs sells, but when I went to anything larger than the .3 mm oem jet, it put too much oil into the clutch, and would drag horribly when warmed up. I went back to the stock size, and haven't had any issues for the past 25K miles.
If you look closely, you will see that the latest version of the stock oil jet has a convex floor, which makes it much less likely to plug up with debris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVRadu View Post
I feel like I need to bring this one back up...

I started having trouble with clutch drag as well. In order to fix it, I took out the oil jet and I noticed it was either clogged or it was actually a plug (?). Not sure...I used a 0.5 mm drill bit to 'clear and enlarge' the hole anyway.

I checked my clutch slave (triple o-ring Sigutech) while I was at it - no problems observed.

At first the bike worked perfectly fine: shifting in and out of 1st and 2nd gear was smooth as butter, bike did not have the tendency to pull forward with the clutch disengaged, etc. Perfect...al ran fine until the engine got hot and the cooling fan started. At that point, the clutch started to drag again. I let it cool down, and again it's working fine!

I even tried running the bike for a bit with the jet completely removed - bike behaves still the same, horrible clutch drag when hot.

This is especially frustrating as I am at the moment in another country for business reasons and I left my baby suffering alone in my garage back home :(

I left a bit clueless now, maybe some ideas from more experienced inmates can be of some help. Any idea would be apreciated.
Old Today, 02:59 AM   #292
ADVRadu
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatman View Post
How many miles on the bike? What year?
2004 bike, with about 50K km on the clock.
Old Today, 03:02 AM   #293
ADVRadu
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvRonski View Post
I know a lot of people have used the .5 mm jet that CJ Designs sells, but when I went to anything larger than the .3 mm oem jet, it put too much oil into the clutch, and would drag horribly when warmed up. I went back to the stock size, and haven't had any issues for the past 25K miles.
If you look closely, you will see that the latest version of the stock oil jet has a convex floor, which makes it much less likely to plug up with debris.
It may be a good idea to try a 0.3mm jet. But still this does not really explain why did I experience the same drag when the jet was blocked.